OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
48a9ok.jpg
To the tune of the "Bat out of Hell" chorus ....
"My name is Peter Badel and you’ll read me when the mornin’ comes,
When the game is over and the Broncs have lost I’ll b******t on and on
Cos I’m Peter Badel and it’s true that I’m pretty dumb
But when the next game comes
The opposition go down
And the Broncs score Forty Two
Like a scalper at the gates of Suncorp
I’ll come crawling on back to you" :)

Thank heavens we aren’t paying fifi 1.25M this year, how much dollars would be sitting on the sideline.

sacking a coach for a player is DANGEROUS areas! Abort!

After management fees and tax etc, my rough maths makes the difference between the 2 offers about $300k.

I'm Badel! - and so is my wife.

Interesting part of Badel's new article regarding the factors Fifita needs to consider.

That's a lot of money to give up. But I guess one thing Fifita needs to consider is does he want to win premierships? Broncos are a much higher chance of doing so than the Titans. The bonuses players get, along with rep bonuses and third party deals as he becomes a bigger name would go a long way towards that closing that gap. Plus not only that, but he would get a bigger deal in the long run at the Broncos.
I think the Tits are on the rise and this new guy, Holbrook? seems to be a thinker. When he took over I thought the team, although underpowered played to a better structure than we had been last season. He even seemed to have a reinvigorated Taylor who looked at home and as if he was enjoying footy again.

It wouldn't surprise me now, after seeing the way they're playing if the Tits start winning games unexpectedly. This season probably not so much but I believe they're really looking hard at building a better squad and I can't say I blame them for actively pursuing Fifita. Get him and you get a bunch more of not particularly expensive players who will want to be part of a team on the rise.

Another bonus fkr potential new buys is knowing you aren't going to a club with overblown expectations like our club. I mean I hear calls to sack players who haven't even turned 20 just because they're not as polished as an Inglis or Lockyer!

Had a look at the Titans forum and they seriously believe the money being offered is fake news and that he wants to join them for other reasons. They must have missed the quotes from Fifita himself about wanting to stay at the Broncos. How else could they entice him there if not for an obscene amount of cash given the facts we've been presented with?

Even if Fifita is pissed at the leak ... who's to say it was even the Broncos management that leaks ... maybe it was some "FOOL" who raged at them not being able to land someone after offering to make them the highest paid player ever, then leaked it to the media, hoping we got blamed

Even if Fifita is pissed at the leak ... who's to say it was even the Broncos management that leaks ... maybe it was some "FOOL" who raged at them not being able to land someone after offering to make them the highest paid player ever, then leaked it to the media, hoping we got blamed
Maybe they should sack Seibold anyway, just in case it was him. Can't hurt.

My Syd journo also confirmed the same whisper, except he hasnt got many strong contacts in qld....so no idea how credible it is. Hes not going to print it thats for sure.

My Syd journo also confirmed the same whisper, except he hasnt got many strong contacts in qld....so no idea how credible it is. Hes not going to print it thats for sure.
I think it's generally assumed he's staying.

At the risk of taking this thread off topic ....

... i really hope that IF he stays, we formulate a gameplan that really utilises his strong running game.

No more of this mindlessly throwing the ball wide and getting him to do something ..... lets get him running off short inside balls, run against the grain....

Is that too much to ask ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Yellowfella
  • bb_gun
  • Astro
  • Lostboy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.