OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on NRL 360 that Fifita has not spoken to the Broncos in a week.
Thats a pretty big red flag i would say.
That was from Badel.
The same bloke that wrote an article this afternoon stating that Fifita had hit a setback with his injury, which is just so incorrect it’s not even funny.
Seibold himself even said last week (in the pre game presser from memory) that Fifita would not be back against the Tigers.
Furthermore, as soon as the club gets a response from Dave, they won’t be running to update Badel.
Chances are that Fifita wants to keep it under wraps until he is ready to tell the world. I think he learnt last week how easily it blew up in the media.

Ps Badel is a fool.

Benji on 360 saying the Fifita should go to the Titans. Lovely show of loyalty from Benji, so glad the club resurrected your career mate.

FFS I am over this bullshit. Just take the money and get this bullshit over with.
He’s signed to the Broncos this season. He doesn’t have to make his mind up this week just to give the soap opera more momentum.
[automerge]1594726579[/automerge]
Benji on 360 saying the Fifita should go to the Titans. Lovely show of loyalty from Benji, so glad the club resurrected your career mate.
Benji’s no one club man. He’s not even a one code man. Bennett encouraged him to go back to the Tigers for more money.

Last edited:
I hate that he’ll probably go. I firmly believe the club have made a complete mess of our roster, and not identifying this kid for what he is and locking him into a longer contract sooner is fucking madness on a epic scale...But the thought of his ridiculous contract fucking the Titans cap further is making me feel a bit better. If he was going to the Chooks or Melbourne I’d be lobbing petrol bombs at the NRL head office but the Titans are a shit stain of a club now and always will be, Fifita or no Fifita...
The Broncos will get their shit together soon and with or without Fifita be chasing another trophy, we’ll have another window of opportunity once our young side kick into gear and most of our cap issues are gone as of next season. It is a shame Fifi won’t be apart of that, but he mightn’t be too concerned about missing out when he’s driving a Ferrari around the goldy with the keys to the city around his neck..,And Mal and Gordy in the back looking tough AF😂

I hate that he’ll probably go. I firmly believe the club have made a complete mess of our roster, and not identifying this kid for what he is and locking him into a longer contract sooner is fucking madness on a epic scale...But the thought of his ridiculous contract fucking the Titans cap further is making me feel a bit better. If he was going to the Chooks or Melbourne I’d be lobbing petrol bombs at the NRL head office but the Titans are a shit stain of a club now and always will be, Fifita or no Fifita...
The Broncos will get their shit together soon and with or without Fifita be chasing another trophy, we’ll have another window of opportunity once our young side kick into gear and most of our cap issues are gone as of next season. It is a shame Fifi won’t be apart of that, but he mightn’t be too concerned about missing out when he’s driving a Ferrari around the goldy with the keys to the city around his neck..,And Mal and Gordy in the back looking tough AF😂
It would be funny if the Titans, after having digested all the press and commentary, realise what an irresponsibly ridiculous offer it is and withdraw it. He’s already insulted the club by already rejecting an over the odds premium to leave the Broncos.

Last edited:
I'm not too sure why people are bothered about the timing of an official decision. Like the future will be whatever it will be. I understand it can have an impact on planning but others are paid big bucks to worry about that. When the whistle goes I am almost certain Fifita doesn't give a single thought about 2021, he just wants to get in a fight. No, not fisticuffs.

I'm in the now and he's here playing for us. Where he plays next year really isn't a concern but hey, I'd love it if he stayed but were I his advisor I'd say, 7mill for 5 years and see if the Tits see value there. I doubt he will remain and I'd call it foolish if he did unless the Broncos upped their offer substantially in which case they'd be the fools!

Just so everyone is aware, smokin joe liked my joke comment about the broncos already having Fifita’s signature and just not announcing yet. Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
Just so everyone is aware, smokin joe liked my joke comment about the broncos already having Fifita’s signature and just not announcing yet. Make of that what you will.
It'd be nice,that's for sure. I'm wondering what the benifits were but perhaps it's tied to the agent and not wanting him in the know. My guess is there's a hell of a lot going on concerning agents generally and also in Fifita's particular case.

When did you post it though?

Just saw on NRL 360 that Fifita has not spoken to the Broncos in a week.
Thats a pretty big red flag i would say.

thats because he doesn't need to talk to them until he's made his final decision ... he knows what our offer is and he know's it's not changing

thats because he doesn't need to talk to them until he's made his final decision ... he knows what our offer is and he know's it's not changing
Yes but do we really know? We know what's reported and we have heard somewhat nebulous statements from the club but I'd doubt that the club has outright stated their resolute position. Still, I can wait and won't be too concerned by whatever happens. Like him to stay of course but don't see it happening, he's just worth too much. If not the Tits then another club will offer him more than we seem to be able to.

Yes but do we really know? We know what's reported and we have heard somewhat nebulous statements from the club but I'd doubt that the club has outright stated their resolute position. Still, I can wait and won't be too concerned by whatever happens. Like him to stay of course but don't see it happening, he's just worth too much. If not the Tits then another club will offer him more than we seem to be able to.

we may not know ... but Fifita would 100% know the clubs position

the only threat to us is the Titans ... he has no interest in leaving the Brisbane area. he has already reportedly turned down a couple of million dollar a season offers from interstate clubs

Or he is holding out hope this is the case too. Hope I'm wrong

we may not know ... but Fifita would 100% know the clubs position

the only threat to us is the Titans ... he has no interest in leaving the Brisbane area. he has already reportedly turned down a couple of million dollar a season offers from interstate clubs
Down the road is a bit different to Interstate.

SJ also said Boyd was gonnnnne last week

So you reckon they might subsidize him like they're doing with Croft? That would be pretty cool.

Ha ha, I doubt it. Knowing how Melbourne are with us, we would probably end up paying them!

What joe was here as nd I didn't even get a hug !!!
Makes sense though, we're treating his injury as a long term treatment not rushing him back. You would have to think that the club would only keep spending good money on him if it's for the future.
[automerge]1594760373[/automerge]
SJ also said Boyd was gonnnnne last week
He probably was until staggs pulled out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.