OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this even mean, mate?
All this talk of signing Fifita or Grant, when we already have Fifita right now, along with all those other players. This should be our year, but for injuries, a clueless coach and two marquee players who aren't winning us games.

Last edited:
I just watched Holbrook trying to justify their offer to Fifita, and he sounded completely out of his depth with his answers.

It was a fairly comprehensive email and there was nothing about it being a back up signing.

Explosive forward Herman Ese'ese will join the Titans next season, with the Samoan international to call the Gold Coast home for the next two years.

Ese'ese is currently playing lock for the Newcastle Knights, but is also comfortable at prop, adding a versatility to the Titans pack.

The 25-year-old has played 81 NRL games since his debut and adds depth and experience to the Titans squad having also played one test for New Zealand and six tests for Samoa.

“I’m really excited to be joining the Titans and I’m looking forward to making the Gold Coast home,” Ese'ese said.

“With the experience I have under my belt now, I think I’m playing the best football of my career and I’m looking forward to adding that to the Titans pack.

“I truly believe that Justin (Holbrook) and the coaching staff are assembling a squad that can challenge for finals and I want to be a part of that.

“I’ve got some good mates in the team already and I’ve played at the Rugby League World Cup with Sam (Lisone) and Young (Tonumaipea), so there will be some established combinations there.

“I’ve got some footy to go this year at the Knights which I’m focussed on, but I can’t wait to play my first game next year in front of Titans Members and fans at Cbus Super Stadium.”

Gold Coast Coach Justin Holbrook says Ese'ese will be a great addition to the Titans squad.

“Herman is not just a great footballer but he has the character that we’re looking for at the Titans,” Holbrook said.

“He is big, skilled, has a great understanding of the game and is always looking to improve.

“Wherever Herman has played, his coaches and team-mates always talk highly of him and I’m excited about what he can bring to our squad.

“I think he is a player that Titans Members and fans are really going to enjoy seeing play in a Gold Coast jersey.”

I'd say he is going there next season with no conditions.
Wondering what his nickname is. I'd be calling him Munster but I'm old.

Ahh, I see. The elite hooker is what makes all of the other pieces of the puzzle fit together imo.
Kept saying that when we were lumbering around with Macca, but now we have three pretty serviceable hookers trying to combine with a halfback who's a touch below average, and an overpaid five-eighth who's only good for three or four decent kicks a game. Plus the rest of the team has to carry Darius. If I were spending money, it'd be on a 5/8th, I think. The Milford experiment is not paying dividends.
[automerge]1594707211[/automerge]
Three Stooges
Thunderbirds
Peak TV

Last edited:
Cooper Cronk has weighed in with his two cents.. Saying Fifita should take the Titans deal. And just shows how clueless he is to the whole situation.

“If I’m David Fifita at the age that he is I’m not signing for one year. David Fifita is at the peak of his powers but if he signs for one year and something happens because he doesn’t reach those levels or an injury comes into play … you need to (do) what’s best for you. I’d sign for a longer term,” Cronk said.

“It’s a dog eat dog world out there, you have to go after everything if you think that’s going to be the thing that takes you from the bottom of the ladder up to the top. If you look at what Nathan Brown did with Kalyn Ponga, everyone said they paid overs for Ponga but they have been paid handsomely in return for his investment. He’s now a player that attracts the likes of Tyson Frizell, David Klemmer. I think Fifita can do that for the Titans,” Cronk said.

This is all getting just a tad ridiculous

Cooper Cronk has weighed in with his two cents.. Saying Fifita should take the Titans deal. And just shows how clueless he is to the whole situation.

“If I’m David Fifita at the age that he is I’m not signing for one year. David Fifita is at the peak of his powers but if he signs for one year and something happens because he doesn’t reach those levels or an injury comes into play … you need to (do) what’s best for you. I’d sign for a longer term,” Cronk said.

“It’s a dog eat dog world out there, you have to go after everything if you think that’s going to be the thing that takes you from the bottom of the ladder up to the top. If you look at what Nathan Brown did with Kalyn Ponga, everyone said they paid overs for Ponga but they have been paid handsomely in return for his investment. He’s now a player that attracts the likes of Tyson Frizell, David Klemmer. I think Fifita can do that for the Titans,” Cronk said.
I partially agree with Cronk and think Fifta should tell the Coast $7,000,000 for 5 years. If they will pay 1.25 for a season then they'll go for 1.4 for 5 years. He'd still be in his prime with a decent run with injury and I'd absolutely wish him well. If they're serious they'd consider it value over the distance and in much the same way as Cronks example concerning Ponga.

Last edited:

I'm not really sure I got that from what Cronk is saying... it seems like he's trying to justify the deal from Titans perspective and telling Fifita not to sign a 12 month deal.

But everyone at Fox is going with the company line of Fifita to titans... I don't know if they're just worried about upsetting the raging fool or Mal, but they're pushing hard for Fifita to move on... probably because it will generate clicks as well

I partially agree with Cronk and think Fifta should tell the Coast $7,000,000 for 5 years. If they will pay 1.25 for a season then they'll go for 1.4 for 5 years. He'd still be in his prime with a decent run with injury and I'd absolutely wish him well. If they're serious they'd consider it value over the distance and in much the same way as Cronks example concerning Ponga.
I believe the problem is he can only sign for 1 year as he wants to change managers for his next contract.
His contract for the 2022 season and beyond will be his multi year contract, hence why the idea was put forward for him to do one year at the Tits and then come back to the Broncos.

The point above was that Cronk is clueless to the management swap/change that Fifita is currently looking to do so his comments about multi year deals are irrelevant, he doesnt want his current manager getting a multi year chunk of commission...

Payne Haas:

“I have told him that I want him to stay here. I have told him that plenty of times but at the end of the day he is a man. I was there (Titans) when I was a bit younger so the club has probably changed a bit now. I just reckon the Broncos are such a power club with the history and the people around here from top to bottom. It is a special club. That is one thing I can say."

“I think we all know how special he is and obviously we want him at the club. He is a once-in-a-generation type of player. It is tough with his decision. It is pretty big money to be offered but whatever he chooses for him and his family, I am happy either way.”

McHunt

Payne Haas:

“I have told him that I want him to stay here. I have told him that plenty of times but at the end of the day he is a man. I was there (Titans) when I was a bit younger so the club has probably changed a bit now. I just reckon the Broncos are such a power club with the history and the people around here from top to bottom. It is a special club. That is one thing I can say."

“I think we all know how special he is and obviously we want him at the club. He is a once-in-a-generation type of player. It is tough with his decision. It is pretty big money to be offered but whatever he chooses for him and his family, I am happy either way.”

McHunt
I love Haas, so glad he is locked up for us.

How can he be in the media and not aware of the main part of this whole bullshit is he only wants one year?

Meanwhile, another reminder of why not to put all your eggs in one omelette, Valentine Holmes looks like missing the rest of the season - 8-10 weeks (ankle).

Meanwhile, another reminder of why not to put all your eggs in one omelette, Valentine Holmes looks like missing the rest of the season - 8-10 weeks (ankle).

He has been Hayne-esque since he's been back as well, Qld clubs are not doing well with their Marquee identification...except Melbourne.

He has been Hayne-esque since he's been back as well, Qld clubs are not doing well with their Marquee identification...except Melbourne.
You mean the Sunshine Coast Storm? My local team now. Couldn't be more proud of them.

I can't wait for him to announce his decision so we can put this uncertainty and discussion to an end. It's definitely dragging on and I really hope we can all say a big **** you to the Titans and Gordy. Losing him would be bad enough but having Gordy rub our noses in it would be torture so here's hoping we get the result we all want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• YeahNahMate
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Old Mate
  • Aldo
  • Santa
  • Harry Sack
  • bert_lifts
  • Manofoneway
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.