OFFICIAL David Fifita signs with the Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payne Haas:

“I have told him that I want him to stay here. I have told him that plenty of times but at the end of the day he is a man. I was there (Titans) when I was a bit younger so the club has probably changed a bit now. I just reckon the Broncos are such a power club with the history and the people around here from top to bottom. It is a special club. That is one thing I can say."

“I think we all know how special he is and obviously we want him at the club. He is a once-in-a-generation type of player. It is tough with his decision. It is pretty big money to be offered but whatever he chooses for him and his family, I am happy either way.”

McHunt
Onya Payno!!

I can't wait for him to announce his decision so we can put this uncertainty and discussion to an end. It's definitely dragging on and I really hope we can all say a big **** you to the Titans and Gordy. Losing him would be bad enough but having Gordy rub our noses in it would be torture so here's hoping we get the result we all want.

Except, of course, it will all just begin again, but for the long term contract....

If I had the choice between Fifita, Haas, Turpin & TPJ OR Grant, I'd go the 2020 Broncs every time.

Harry is a 2021 kinda bloke. We don't need those 2020 flogs

Harry is a 2021 kinda bloke. We don't need those 2020 flogs
Harry has made it very clear today he's going back to the Sunshine Coast Storm:

“I’ve given Melbourne my word that I’ll go back. They were good enough to give me an opportunity so that is how it is. It has always been Wests Tigers in 2020 and back to Melbourne in 2021, so that is how it will be at this stage. That is the way it has been with the loan deal and it is just the way it is going to go.”

"Everyone at the club has been great to me. It is a good feeling for me knowing that I’ve got the fans behind me and supporting me week to week. That is what I’m here to do is to play footy, but it helps that I’ve got the fans behind me.”

Harry has made it very clear today he's going back to the Sunshine Coast Storm:

“I’ve given Melbourne my word that I’ll go back. They were good enough to give me an opportunity so that is how it is. It has always been Wests Tigers in 2020 and back to Melbourne in 2021, so that is how it will be at this stage. That is the way it has been with the loan deal and it is just the way it is going to go.”

"Everyone at the club has been great to me. It is a good feeling for me knowing that I’ve got the fans behind me and supporting me week to week. That is what I’m here to do is to play footy, but it helps that I’ve got the fans behind me.”

That means nothing really. All he is doing is telling everyone what the terms of his loan deal with the tigers is. Having a clause that let's him leave if the Goat plays on in 2021 to me clearly shows its in his mind he may leave the storm.

Fifita was originally going to make a decision before the Tigers game, but with this setback, it may actually be a couple of weeks before we hear anything as it's going to give him more time to weigh up his options.

He wanted to make a decision this week because he didn't want to go into this match with the contract stuff in the back of his mind.

Fifita was originally going to make a decision before the Tigers game, but with this setback, it may actually be a couple of weeks before we hear anything as it's going to give him more time to weigh up his options.

He wanted to make a decision this week because he didn't want to go into this match with the contract stuff in the back of his mind.
Just because he isnt making his comeback in this game doesn't mean he cant announce his decision ?

That means nothing really. All he is doing is telling everyone what the terms of his loan deal with the tigers is. Having a clause that let's him leave if the Goat plays on in 2021 to me clearly shows its in his mind he may leave the storm.
So you reckon they might subsidize him like they're doing with Croft? That would be pretty cool.

Just because he isnt making his comeback in this game doesn't mean he cant announce his decision ?

The reason for making the decision this week was because he was originally meant to be returning this week and he didn’t want the distraction of the contract negotiations.

Now that he has more time before his return, he may decide to take longer.

I think we all know he's staying.

Yeah, I listened to an interview he did tonight with Belcher and Sattler and he was asked straight out about the get out clause - he just laughed it off and said Smith will play on for another ten years...

Last edited:
I think we all know he's staying.
Just saw on NRL 360 that Fifita has not spoken to the Broncos in a week.
Thats a pretty big red flag i would say.

Just saw on NRL 360 that Fifita has not spoken to the Broncos in a week.
Thats a pretty big red flag i would say.
Haha what's he doing, going into the club every day but writing on a piece of paper that he is not talking to them? Hahaha he goes there literally every day for hours on end, fifita looks like leaving but that bit of info sounds like complete bs. Once again, journalists making something up that they know won't and can't really be called out on...

FFS I am over this bullshit. Just take the money and get this bullshit over with.

Haha what's he doing, going into the club every day but writing on a piece of paper that he is not talking to them? Hahaha he goes there literally every day for hours on end, fifita looks like leaving but that bit of info sounds like complete bs. Once again, journalists making something up that they know won't and can't really be called out on...
Yea it was odd, just what that Badel tosser said, and i thought, how would he even know that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • kwomo
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Jedhead
  • bert_lifts
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.