David Mead to Brisbane

NImitz

NImitz

BRL Player
Sep 8, 2016
Should we sign Mead as a replacement for the retired Jack Reed??

14222297_171259879979892_8988222953222865776_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: David Mead

I'm not keen. Sure, he's a first grade proven commodity but I don't see him bringing that much value to our roster.

If he comes at a great lettuce, maybe. Gives us a wing option while our younger players mature in lower grades. I'd prefer we blood them sooner rather than later though.

Seems like a stop gap purchase which we're not exactly in need of.

I'm not keen. Sure, he's a first grade proven commodity but I don't see him bringing that much value to our roster.

If he comes at a great lettuce, maybe. Gives us a wing option while our younger players mature in lower grades. I'd prefer we blood them sooner rather than later though.

Seems like a stop gap purchase which we're not exactly in need of.

Never heard this - gave me a giggle....

For me 100% yes. All signings depend on price of course, but I rate meady. Local lad, plenty of toe. Not a bad injury history. Go for gold as far as I am concerned.

He's got to be on the kind of coin where we don't mind him playing park footy if Pearson can push him out. But between injuries and origin, he'd play more games then he misses even if he is not in our first choice backline. That said, he would be for me.

Boyd
Oates
Kahu
Roberts
Mead

or

Boyd
Pearson
Kahu
Roberts
Mead

Looks good to me. (Didn't pay attention to what side wings/ centres' on there).

Last edited:

can this be merged with 'biggest signing of all time'??

Signed a one year deal according to Fox Sports.

Should we sign Mead as a replacement for the retired Jack Reed??

Yes.....I've always like Mead. Seen him do some incredible things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope Pearson still keeps his spot on the wing and gets to continue to develop. Mead is a great guy to have as a backup.

David Mead - I want to say a massive thank you to the Gold... | Facebook
I want to say a massive thank you to the Gold Coast Titans, sponsors and all our fans for your support throughout my eight years here. I'll be forever grateful to this club for giving me the opportunity to play the game I love with some of my best mates. Last night was my last game as a Titan.
My family and I will be joining the Brisbane Broncos for the year 2017. Although it's tough to leave this club I'm excited for the next chapter of my career.

It's official.

Great to have him on board, he's only 27, and can easily be our first choice winger on the flanks, or a really, really solid backup.

Quality depth signing. I'd prefer for Opacic/Pearson etc to get first shot to continue to improve and show us what they have, but having Mead as a first-drop winger is nothing to sneeze at.

Last edited:

No way you leave a bloke like Mead out of the starting side, he's been on the fringes of Origin selection for a while. Really happy with this signing.

Pretty stoked with this signing. Still young enough, and skillful enough to be a valid option as a starter.

part of me wonders if this signing is a sign Bennett see's Oates future in the back row. maybe he has decided that the time is right for him to make the switch with Parker retiring.

I'm pretty happy with this signing myself. if he is just a depth option than he is far superior to our depth options for the majority of this season (Maranta and Eden).

we have a solid backline rotation for 2017 now with Boyd, Oates, Opacic, Roberts, Kahu, Pearson and Mead.

I would still like to see us sign an experienced prop to fill the role vacated by Wallace though

Wow, I really just thought it was paper talk!

Great signing. Welcome to the club, Meady!

Maranta leaves, Mead enters. Not a bad bit of business!

Some more exclamation marks!!!

In fact, looking at what Foordy posted above me there, we've basically replaced Eden and Maranta with Pearson and Mead.

Fucking quality, lads!

Last edited:
Good signing. Mead is a consistent player who always has a go and we've also got a good goal kicker which we have been missing this year. Be interesting to see what Bennett can do with him.

Welcome aboard David Mead

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.