DCE backflips to stay at Manly

Splinter

Splinter

NRL Player
Feb 16, 2013
Just on that, DCE's "special play" was really just lucky for him. The gap he strolled through was huge - worryingly huge - and even the kick, while it showed great vision, was really a "kick it and hope". There were no Broncos even close to where he was kicking, so it didn't really need to be that accurate.
Poor defence by Molo and ?? Really

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Just on that, DCE's "special play" was really just lucky for him. The gap he strolled through was huge - worryingly huge - and even the kick, while it showed great vision, was really a "kick it and hope". There were no Broncos even close to where he was kicking, so it didn't really need to be that accurate.

The only 'lucky' aspect of that play was Molo's inability to cover the gap. The move he put on Blair and Boyd was all skill and the kick couldn't have been any better. He took both Kahu and Hodges out of the play by the timing it when he did, the choice of kick too Hodges out of the play and it couldn't have been easier for Stewart to ground.

Maybe it'd be luck if we hadn't seen this type of play from Cherry-Evans before or anything of that calibre but that's what he's been coming up for years now. Big plays like that at crucial times.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
All the players at Manly will be DCE's yes men.

He is now running the club. (hopefully running it to the ground)

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
All the players at Manly will be DCE's yes men.

He is now running the club. (hopefully running it to the ground)

An article put it well the other day. Every time Manly don't make the 8, it'll be DCE's fault. Every time Manly lose one of their juniors, or can't compete financially with other clubs to lure talent, it'll be DCE's fault. He's going to have to perform at a level above Inglis, above Smith, above JT, arguably above Lockyer, to deserve the power he's negotiated.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
An article put it well the other day. Every time Manly don't make the 8, it'll be DCE's fault. Every time Manly lose one of their juniors, or can't compete financially with other clubs to lure talent, it'll be DCE's fault. He's going to have to perform at a level above Inglis, above Smith, above JT, arguably above Lockyer, to deserve the power he's negotiated.

Billy Moore said it on NRL360 (the bold bit)

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I have been told from a reliable source that the DCE's contract has its first scalp, with Brett Stewart on his way to the Roosters. Apparently Manly shopped him Parra as well, but they have their own albatross of a contact in Kieran Foran. I would in no way say this is fact, but my mate works in a position where he has reliable sources to the point where I figured I'd pass on the information.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
"Ben Hunt's not a halfbacks arsehole"

That's my favourite

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Hope you enjoyed your origin career you overrated fuckbag.

While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think he's over-rated. He has all the skills and experience to be one of the top 3 halves in the game. Unfortunately what he's now lost is any form of heart, desire, or willingness to put in. It doesn't make him over-rated, it makes him a deadshit.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
While I agree with the sentiment, I don't think he's over-rated. He has all the skills and experience to be one of the top 3 halves in the game. Unfortunately what he's now lost is any form of heart, desire, or willingness to put in. It doesn't make him over-rated, it makes him a deadshit.

Cool. I think he's overrated, and has been since everyone started talking about how amazing his abilities are/could be.

Active Now

• Canga
  • sooticus
  • Brocko
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Dash
  • davidp
  • jd87
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • RolledOates
  • marw
  • PeterBarne
  • Swordfish
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.