Denan Kemp

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't mind seeing Folau at least tried at fullback if Kemp doesn't sign, or kept at centre. Don't really want to see him stuck on the wing anymore. It's his best position atm, but for a player like him, with such a huge future ahead of him, he isn't really learning anything or developing as well as he could on the wing. He might not be as effective in defence in the centres or be the perfect fullback, but at least he'll learn from it and become a better player.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
draggx said:
Doesnt he prefer fullback thou?

if so i can see brisbane being the only club really in his sites. who else needs a fullback for next yr? besides the cowboys at the rate bowens going

From what I've seen tonight the Panthers could use a proper fullback.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
They've got Lachlan Coote who craps all over Sammut. Although Sammut seems to play better when his spot is under threat, he was in good form up until Coote got injured.

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
Thanks, I thought they had another bloke on the sidelines, just couldn't remember a name.
Sammut has been next to useless tonight.

Back on topic, Kemp to Brisbane.

M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Kaz said:
I am betting he goes to the DragQueens.

I got that feeling too. Hope he comes home though. Should be a nice cheap pickup and would add some healthy competition for the fullback spot or as a backup for the current wingers.

shadow

shadow

NYC Player
May 9, 2009
sign kemp for a year and if he doesnt pan out at fullback do everything possible to get hayne.....

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
The props are on the horizon... We need a fullback and Kemp fits the bill perfectly IMO.

Hoffman?

Seriously, he got 2nd year syndrome played crap and then got a release. Broncos backline is fine they don't need hiim there, extra money that could be used on a forward.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
+1

Plus someone tell me what the fasination with getting another forward is.....

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
As long as Henjak can keep Sims/Clinton/Parker/Thaiday motivated and running hard we don't need to go shopping but if those 4 turn into pedestrians again we will need the extra personnel.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think another prop for depth would be handy but I think McGuire is good enough to play first grade week in week out. More depth in the forwards is needed for competition between players so the forwards don't get complacent.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Regarding getting new forwards, are you people forgetting how our forward pack kept getting badly beaten for half a season? They are playing better now (even though they still sorta failed to get on top of the Cows pack last night), but they can't (and couldn't) keep this intensity up for an entire season. The forwards will still get beaten badly a lot of the time next year IMO.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Since everyone keeps going on about us needing forwards, who have you got in mind??
Seriously there are no decent forwards worth signing that are on the market.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
We are saying we need one not that we know of any that are available.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
We need depth in the front row. We have two solid starters in Kenny and Clinton. We missed all the big off contract forwards this year - so lets go for some depth on short term deals. Darren Mapp has just come back from England and has first grade experience. There's a couple of players from the QLD Cup that we should approach. David Hala is going well in NYC. IIRC there's a lot more quality props off contract next year - we just need to move faster with our offers.

A

Aeetee

State of Origin Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Thats what i think she was getting at. A lot of people are going... nah **** that, who needs another back, we need to invest/buy a forward.

Well ok..... who. Its all well and good for us to say we need a forward but no one has come up with a player.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fitzy
  • Brocko
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.