Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Dane Carlaw he was awesome LOLZ

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
Aeetee said:
Thats what i think she was getting at. A lot of people are going... nah **** that, who needs another back, we need to invest/buy a forward.

Well ok..... who. Its all well and good for us to say we need a forward but no one has come up with a player.
Yea that is exactly what I meant.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
There are no players good enough right now, but it doesn't mean that we don't need forwards...

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews ... 30026.html

FAILED Warriors signing Denan Kemp, who was this week granted a release from the second year of his contract, says he has no regrets about joining the club but admits he's been through a season from hell in Auckland.

The 21-year-old was signed from the Brisbane Broncos last year, partly for his try-scoring abilities, but couldn't find the same form across the Tasman.

Kemp played only 10 first-grade games for the Warriors and spent most of the season playing for the club's feeder side, the Auckland Vulcans.

It's expected Kemp will sign a deal in the coming weeks to return to the Broncos and, as he prepares to leave New Zealand's shores, he's finally opened up on his time with the Warriors.

''I have no regrets about coming here,'' Kemp said. ''I'll never know what would have happened if I had stayed with the Broncos.

''For all I know, my year could have been even worse.

''It would be a mistake if I didn't learn from this. I've definitely discovered a lot this year about myself and about the decisions I make.''

Kemp, who scored 19 tries in 24 games for the Broncos last year, admits there were times this season when he wondered whether he was even good enough to play rugby league professionally.

''I've definitely had moments where I've questioned what I was doing,'' he said. ''I kept saying to myself 'how could I have done so well last year and now be stuck in reserve grade?'

''I wasn't the perfect footy player and I know there's stuff I still need to learn as a player, physically and mentally.

''But I won't lie - there have been times this year where I questioned my ability as a league player.''

Kemp says he'll be moving home to Australia in the coming weeks and hopes it won't take too long to rediscover form.

''The confidence has definitely taken a knock this year,'' he said.

''I've found myself thinking how crazy it was that I was on top of the world last year and how my confidence this year has taken a big hit.

''That's footy, though. It's something I just have to deal with and plenty of people have been through this before.

''It's how I come out of it now that will be the true measure of how hard I've worked.''

Kemp won't say where he'll be playing his footy next year although, it is believed there is interest from the Broncos.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
If he comes back we will have a ver quick back 3.

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Beale said:
http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhqnews/kemp-seeks-fresh-start/2009/08/29/1251394630026.html

FAILED Warriors signing Denan Kemp, who was this week granted a release from the second year of his contract, says he has no regrets about joining the club but admits he's been through a season from hell in Auckland.

The 21-year-old was signed from the Brisbane Broncos last year, partly for his try-scoring abilities, but couldn't find the same form across the Tasman.

Kemp played only 10 first-grade games for the Warriors and spent most of the season playing for the club's feeder side, the Auckland Vulcans.

It's expected Kemp will sign a deal in the coming weeks to return to the Broncos and, as he prepares to leave New Zealand's shores, he's finally opened up on his time with the Warriors.

''I have no regrets about coming here,'' Kemp said. ''I'll never know what would have happened if I had stayed with the Broncos.

''For all I know, my year could have been even worse.

''It would be a mistake if I didn't learn from this. I've definitely discovered a lot this year about myself and about the decisions I make.''

Kemp, who scored 19 tries in 24 games for the Broncos last year, admits there were times this season when he wondered whether he was even good enough to play rugby league professionally.

''I've definitely had moments where I've questioned what I was doing,'' he said. ''I kept saying to myself 'how could I have done so well last year and now be stuck in reserve grade?'

''I wasn't the perfect footy player and I know there's stuff I still need to learn as a player, physically and mentally.

''But I won't lie - there have been times this year where I questioned my ability as a league player.''

Kemp says he'll be moving home to Australia in the coming weeks and hopes it won't take too long to rediscover form.

''The confidence has definitely taken a knock this year,'' he said.

''I've found myself thinking how crazy it was that I was on top of the world last year and how my confidence this year has taken a big hit.

''That's footy, though. It's something I just have to deal with and plenty of people have been through this before.

''It's how I come out of it now that will be the true measure of how hard I've worked.''

Kemp won't say where he'll be playing his footy next year although, it is believed there is interest from the Broncos.

Gee, talk about being modest. Top bloke, unlike some Jarrad Haynes or Craig Bellamy's I know

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
You know Jarryd Hayne and Craig Bellamy?

Do you live near Kaz by any chance?

H

Hatchy

NRL Player
Mar 25, 2008
Clintos said:
You know Jarryd Hayne and Craig Bellamy?

Do you live near Kaz by any chance?

No, you've got it all wrong, I meant those two are up 'emselves IMO. Although I did meet the entire Eels squad once and Hayne was the only player that didn't say "Hey mate" and have a chat with me, all he did was grunt. :evil:

J

jjoyce

BRL Player
Mar 21, 2008
a mate saw denan kemp at broncos HQ today... _woohoo_ :mrgreen:

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I saw Nashy on Broncos HQ today.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
I saw Nashy on Broncos HQ today.

Yep, their grooming me to take over the number 6 jersey when Locky retires.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Ive also been told that Kemp has been at Broncos HQ a fair bit the last week. Cant give source thou sorry guys. sure if you read some old post you can work it out thou.

B

Beale

QCup Player
Dec 14, 2008
draggx said:
Ive also been told that Kemp has been at Broncos HQ a fair bit the last week. Cant give source thou sorry guys. sure if you read some old post you can work it out thou.

Im sure u can link us to 'some old post' for old times sake :)

Active Now

• Lostboy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • broncsgoat
  • Skathen
  • broncos4life
  • peter09
  • The True King
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • Justwin
  • mrslong
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.