Denan Kemp

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:
I honestly think a few people are getting a bit too excited over this.... good signing for depth but i honestly don't think there is too much between him, Winterstein and Yow Yeh. I'd say Hoffman and Beale both have their noses in front of him regarding the number 1 jumper.

Yeah, but you agreed with signing Steve Michaels over Darius Boyd.

Kemp will be ace at fullback.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:
I honestly think a few people are getting a bit too excited over this.... good signing for depth but i honestly don't think there is too much between him, Winterstein and Yow Yeh. I'd say Hoffman and Beale both have their noses in front of him regarding the number 1 jumper.

Damn straight... KEMP FTW!!!!!!!!

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The Rock said:
Foordy said:
^^^ are you talking about Ben Hunt or did you mean Kemp, Hoffman and Beale will be battling it out

Why did I mention Hunt? [icon_lol1. I meant Kemp, Hoffman and Beale. [icon_shru [eusa_doh

I wonder how Hunt would go at fullback, could he have a similar path to Locky. i.e start at fullback, get some first grade experience then move to the halves when Locky hangs up the boots. He also has a good passing and kicking game which would help us continue to use that second man play. eusa_think

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
If we win the premiership id love to see Locky Retire.

He hasnt resigned yet has he? Maybe thats what he is thinking.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I think he'll go until at least the end of 2011. I don't think we'll see him play rep footy next year though.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
I think Kemp will make a great addition to our backline stable. I honestly don't think he will walk into the fullback jumper and the times he played in 2008 there he was patchy in the second man play (balls over the sideline etc).

That said, if the Broncs move away from that gameplay and try to utilise Kemp in a Slater type role, I think he will go well.

Other than that, Winterstein and Yow Yeh are the wing incumbents.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
I don't think Kemp will walk straight into the fullback role at all. I remember in the last off season we were all almost positive that Yow Yeh would get the vacant wing spot but over the off season Winterstein impressed at training and in the trials. He managed to get the wing spot over Yow Yeh come round one. So I think the same will happen between Kemp/Beale/Hoffman.
I dont know what Kemps kicking game is like but I do remember in one of the trials at the start of the year Beale was playing fullback and he was doing a lot of attacking kicks.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Wasn't he a very good soccer player? If soccer kicking skills translate to kicking a league ball then he may be really good.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
He has shown he's got a pretty good short kicking game. Scored some very good tries in Q Cup kicking for himself.

Whether he'd have a long kicking game is another story.
In any case, I don't think he has the skills or football brain to play in the halves.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:

[icon_lol1. That still was the right decision if you have any idea...

Rocky, by second year syndrome i was more referring to players that were awesome in their first year then sucked thereafter.

I hope he goes well, and it's great he's back, i just think people are getting a bit over excited and expecting a bit too much of him. I 'spose if this forum is good for anything though....

D

ddd

NRL Player
May 14, 2009
Thing about second year syndrome, it can be a death sentence, as a player can rarely afford a bad season (as was evident at the warriors who didn't have enough talent to be able to carry him, particularly with the Mighty Tate being injured) but hopefully, Kemp will be able to turn it around

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
ddd said:
Thing about second year syndrome, it can be a death sentence, as a player can rarely afford a bad season (as was evident at the warriors who didn't have enough talent to be able to carry him, particularly with the Mighty Tate being injured) but hopefully, Kemp will be able to turn it around

Totally agree.

Leon Bott. Case in point.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:

Yeah totally, signing someone coming off a massive knee injury because of his potential as opposed to signing up Boyd who had already proven himself and later went on to play for Australia.

I can definitely see why signing Michaels was the right decision. :roll:

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well if we signed Kemp because he's a "good bloke", then I can see why we'd sign an injured Michaels...you know, being a good bloke having a rough trot....

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:

Yeah totally, signing someone coming off a massive knee injury because of his potential as opposed to signing up Boyd who had already proven himself and later went on to play for Australia.

I'm guessing you were one of those blokes saying we should go all out to sign Hayne... *double eye roll smiley face*

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
m1c said:
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:
ningnangnong said:
m1c said:

I'm guessing you were one of those blokes saying we should go all out to sign Hayne... *double eye roll smiley face*

What? That doesn't even make sense.

Face it, signing Michaels instead of Boyd was a monumental mistake. You're in denial if you think otherwise.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yep. I think it was admirable the Broncos signed him given he was injured and his prospects elsewhere were limited, but really it was foolish.

Unread

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.