Denan Kemp

not officially, no. But in the release article the Broncos were quoted as saying they'd welcome an opportunity to sit down and talk contracts with Denan.
While he was a total disappointment at my club, I look forward to him playing well again for someone else. Kemp's failure with the Warriors was in my opinion a sad combination of homesickness, lack of faith from coaching staff, pathetic game plans and first and foremost being a "finisher" stuck on our seldom-utilised wing where we really needed a "creator". Any further chance was then snuffed by poster-boy Locke being given a shot.
I have no doubt he will easily shoot back up in the try-scoring tallies, given proper opportunity.

Anyone heard anything more regarding Kemp?

Tears are still only in Tee's eyes...not rolling. Yet.

whispers here in brisbane today, that it's a done deal. again only whispers.

The was Talk in the Courier Mail this morning that they are considering moving Folau or Hodges to fullback because of their running games and Folau's high ball ability. they also said that Hoffman was favourite to take Hunts position. no talk of Kemp

Foordy said:
The was Talk in the Courier Mail this morning that they are considering moving Folau or Hodges to fullback because of their running games and Folau's high ball ability. they also said that Hoffman was favourite to take Hunts position. no talk of Kemp

Surely Henjak and Co are not dumb enough to put Folau at fullback.

Beads6 said:
Foordy said:

there has been a few people i have heard suggest it. but admittedly it was Cullen talking to the paper in that article. i wish he would keep his nose out of the footy side of the business.

I would understand hodges but to move Folau would be stupidity.
again, from what i've heard today - and this bloke is pretty solid - is the deal has been done a week or so ago and kemp is moving back soon.

I don't think Folau at fullback would be all that bad.

Our best bet though is to stick someone like Hoffman or potentially Kemp at fullback so we can maximize the strike power of our backline.

Foordy said:
Beads6 said:
Foordy said:

there has been a few people i have heard suggest it. but admittedly it was Cullen talking to the paper in that article. i wish he would keep his nose out of the footy side of the business.

Yes I agree Cullen is a clown get rid of him... I can't see the sense in moving Folau to fullback IMO it would cripple his rep chances and would more than likely be a failure. Izzy will be far too big in a few years to be fullback IMO.

jjoyce said:
I would understand hodges but to move Folau would be stupidity.
again, from what i've heard today - and this bloke is pretty solid - is the deal has been done a week or so ago and kemp is moving back soon.

I hope so and i really rate Kemp, backline of

1. Kemp
2. Winterstein
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

FTW

Folau's strength currently is his fielding of the high ball, so you can see the logic in thinking fullback could work. But in turn that would take away the effectiveness of corner kicking in attack, which seems pointless.

Likewise, Folau's turning and chasing isn't proven by any means, and in fact he's relatively slow in terms of acceleration.

I haven't noticed he has particularly good hands, and while that hasn't stopped Billy Slater being (over)rated as one of the best fullbacks in recent history, in the Broncos backline with that 2nd man play we need someone with ball skills and a natural ball playing ability.

Apart from kicks, he scores quite a few tries from close range running hard at the line. Again, something more appropriate for a winger/centre.

So no, I don't think fullback would work. Left centre is where he should be groomed to play long term for the Broncos.

saw this, it was a week ago:

Kemp and the Warriors part company
8/25/2009 5:56 AM
The Warriors have agreed to release Denan Kemp from the second year of his contract after failing to feature regularly in first grade

Denan Kemp and the Warriors are parting company.

Kemp has agreed to a release from the second year of his contract with the Auckland based NRL club, after failing to feature regularly in first grade this season.

The 22-year-old winger claims he is leaving the club without a grudge. He says he respects coach Ivan Cleary's decision to leave him out of the side for the majority of the season and there are certainly no hard feelings.

Kemp says Ivan Cleary is a fantastic coach and the club as well as the players have looked after him so he does not regret his decision to sign. He says he has enjoyed his time at the club.

Kemp says he is almost certain of where he will be playing next season but is not willing to disclose where that is just yet.

now that last bit is interesting. he basically knows where hes playing. then his comment about returning home....
maybe im tryner put too much together but it does seem to fit. also as i said earlier, a source said it's already done.
i guess we'll know soon enough.
1.Kemp
2.Winterstein
3. Folau
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh.
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace

my word, that aint bad.

Doesnt he prefer fullback thou?

if so i can see brisbane being the only club really in his sites. who else needs a fullback for next yr? besides the cowboys at the rate bowens going

draggx said:
Doesnt he prefer fullback thou?

if so i can see brisbane being the only club really in his sites. who else needs a fullback for next yr? besides the cowboys at the rate bowens going
What do you have against capital letters? [icon_razz1

Active Now

• thenry
  • Hurrijo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky24
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • cento
  • Old Mate
  • The Don
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.