Does Jake Turpin have a future with the club?

Would love to know how our cap is actually sitting for next year. Brandon Smith is crying out for a hooker role...obviously he won't come cheap but if there's any way to get him we should be doing it. Get in his ear, Donuts!
The way its looking i think we will have about 500k spare atm.

The question becomes, with our budget - who can we actually buy in. Turpin has a PO for next year. We cant afford zip in that position.
Anybody decent playing in lower grades for us ?

Was pretty ordinary last night in the short time he was out there, but bizarre to make a guy captain and then gratuitously hook him. Maybe TPJ was the real captain. He was acting that way. And maybe his captain's call showed why isn't quite ready.

But Turps is still better than Macca. Great bloke, but a dead weight. Lest we forget. Careful what you wish for.

Macca is performing better than Turpin this year. Cant really work out whats happened with Jake. He seems to have stopped doing everything he did when he first got into the side. He's another who i dont think was ever as good as people made him out to be, but i dont think he is anywhere near as poor as he has been recently either.

Macca is performing better than Turpin this year. Cant really work out whats happened with Jake. He seems to have stopped doing everything he did when he first got into the side. He's another who i dont think was ever as good as people made him out to be, but i dont think he is anywhere near as poor as he has been recently either.
Maybe he's been told to get the ball to his halves and concentrate on defending the centre. That's all he seems to be doing. He's not running it all other than that little 3 steps and pass thing he does every time. I also notice he looks straight ahead - at the defence - when he's passing. I don't like that.

Maybe he's been told to get the ball to his halves and concentrate on defending the centre. That's all he seems to be doing. He's not running it all other than that little steps and pass thing he does every time. I also notice he looks straight ahead - at the defence - when he's passing. I don't like that.

Could be a confidence thing as well. this is the third year really this team has been losing more than winning. Losing has been ingrained in this group. I still believe we have some very good young players, but we may need to move some along and replace them with some who havent been suffering like our lot have. I do think just like winning becomes a habit, so does losing.

Could be a confidence thing as well. this is the third year really this team has been losing more than winning. Losing has been ingrained in this group. I still believe we have some very good young players, but we may need to move some along and replace them with some who havent been suffering like our lot have. I do think just like winning becomes a habit, so does losing.

This is my fear. We need to bring in some winners.

This is my fear. We need to bring in some winners.

All the focus seems to be on Cheese or Grant. Cheese will probably stay at the storm or 2022 in my opinion.

Perhaps we should go all in on Reed Mahoney who is off contract at the end of 2022. Parra have heavily invested in their 1, 6 & 7 so maybe we could outbid them for Mahoney?

We would have to persist with Turpin and identify a good cheap bench option Paix/Croft/Levi/Walters/Granville/? For 2022 though...

All the focus seems to be on Cheese or Grant. Cheese will probably stay at the storm or 2022 in my opinion.

Perhaps we should go all in on Reed Mahoney who is off contract at the end of 2022. Parra have heavily invested in their 1, 6 & 7 so maybe we could outbid them for Mahoney?

We would have to persist with Turpin and identify a good cheap bench option Paix/Croft/Levi/Walters/Granville/? For 2022 though...
He is on the record saying he hates us

Do you really need confidence to just run the fucking ball once in a while, throw a short pass to mix it up, heck throw a pass backwards too.

I don't know, with every passing week I just think we have a squad full of losers and Walters need to do a major overhaul so about 25/30 here today are not here in 2023. Starting with flushing about 10 out this year. .

It's why I like the Brenko and Reynolds signing. Let's sign guys who are winners.

Do you really need confidence to just run the fucking ball once in a while, throw a short pass to mix it up, heck throw a pass backwards too.

I don't know, with every passing week I just think we have a squad full of losers and Walters need to do a major overhaul so about 25/30 here today are not here in 2023. Starting with flushing about 10 out this year. .

It's why I like the Brenko and Reynolds signing. Let's sign guys who are winners.

From memory, didn't Turps run it early last night and get smashed and then didn't run again before being hooked?

The way its looking i think we will have about 500k spare atm.

if that's the case either we have a couple of unannounced signings or we've given Milford another $1 million a season contract

when is Wolfie gunna come out and tell us last nights scoreline doesnt happen with a fit Carrigan...?

Active Now

• Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.