RUMOUR Dylan Napa - permission to leave

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by upthebroncs, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Stix

Stix NRL Player

Saw something today about big news from the knights tomorrow. I reckon Napa's a done deal.

2. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

I think it was something about Pearce agreeing to a 2nd meeting with them

3. BroncsFan

BroncsFan NRL Player

I guess for Newcastle that is big news....

4. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Napa would win the man of steel in the ESL. They are so far behind the NRL these days it just isnt funny.

5. Sproj

Sproj

Not in the forwards.

6. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Very few of their forwards would make it over here. A lot of them look like fat rugby players. They do have a few forwards that would make it in the NRL though and Walmsley looks like he is one of them

7. PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987 NRL Player

He isnt coming to aus , saw somewhere that he has a you g family and doesnt want to move away from support. Going to commit to his club long term

8. Taylor1921

Taylor1921 QCup Player

Oh well, good on him.

9. ozzball

ozzball NYC Player

Untitled.png

Just saw this on Facebook (yeah I know ... not the most dependable source) ... anyone else hearing this?

10. Stix

Stix NRL Player

A mate mentioned this to me today.
    I wouldn't have thought we would be throwing too much at him... Not with the likes of Haas and TPJ coming on.
    I'd be stoked if we traded him for Sims but Napa considers himself an elite front rower and would be asking for 700+ no doubt.

11. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

[​IMG]

GKDonkey likes this.
  12. Foordy

Foordy

last year, i would have said ... absolutely sign him up.

but now, i'm not so sure.

I definitely wouldn't have him in my starting team as i think we should go with Lodge and TPJ.

maybe a bench position if he didn't ask too much (assuming we got the aggressive Origin Napa, not the pansy Roosters Napa). If he wasn't asking too much (or we could get the Roosters to pay a good potion of his salary for this season and next) and we got the ultra aggressive Napa we saw in Origin last year, then i could certainly see him replacing Sims (or possibly Ofahengue/Thaiday)

13. [​IMG]

Bane says when the Roosters are out of finals contention then you have permission to leave.

14. Napa has said these rumours are false. He isn't talking to anyone and doesn't want to.

The Roosters have told him there's no plans to get rid of him.

15. If he did want out, I would take him in a heartbeat.

What Bennett could do with him, it would be money well spent.

16. Alec

Alec International Rep

If we lose Sims and Lodge, he'd be a good signing.

17. Morkel

Morkel

There’s only one thing that’ll prove to me that the Roosters are happy for him to leave. And that’s a second positive drug test.

GKDonkey, abashii, Harry Sack and 2 others like this.
  18. Clintos

Clintos NRL Captain

Napa was strong this weekend. Running hard. I'd take him instead of Sims. Make it happen!

Porthoz likes this.
  19. Sproj

Sproj

I wouldn't re-sign Sims, that's a no-brainer. I also don't think Lodge will stay so in this likely case, if he wants to go to Brissy, they should absolutely snap him up.

20. roo-ted

roo-ted NRL Player

The only game I can remember him playing out of his skin is a Roosters v South's game when he put Sam Burgess on his ass several times, other then that he's not good enough to ditch one of our young forwards currently at the club already