Eels Vs. Storm *SPOILER*

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
Yep. And if they had've lost after leading 22-6 they could add choker to underachiever and rapists of the spirit of fair play (wrt their wrestling etc) as the list of their achievements.

As it is, 2 out of 4 grand finals in last 4 years is a pass mark IMO.

I'd like to see the Storms dominance subside but I can't see that happening for a while still. Some of their forwards must surely be able to shop themselves around for bigger paychecks now. Blair, Lima and Manu can match it with the best in the comp on their day IMO, surely there is only so much longer that the storm can hang onto so many class players.

Not sure if it's lready been mentioned, but congrats to the storm for winning the toyota cup too. A successful day for the club

OXY-351 said:
Not sure if it's lready been mentioned, but congrats to the storm for winning the toyota cup too. A successful day for the club

Despite that, the game will still get SFA recognition in Melbourne I bet.

Scotty said:
OXY-351 said:

Not sure if they did it on purpose or not, but it seemed like everyone they interviewed in that street beat with Sam Newman the other night on the NRL footy show, had absolutely no idea when it came to the NRL and the Storm

OXY-351 said:
Scotty said:
[quote="OXY-351":3u3alo8v]Not sure if it's lready been mentioned, but congrats to the storm for winning the toyota cup too. A successful day for the club

Not sure if they did it on purpose or not, but it seemed like everyone they interviewed in that street beat with Sam Newman the other night on the NRL footy show, had absolutely no idea when it came to the NRL and the Storm[/quote:3u3alo8v]

I don't know who made the decision (maybe Newman? I'm sure he'd love to sabotage league) but it seemed to me like they went to the most alternative area in Melbourne - a Newtown type suburb. You could find plenty of places in Sydney where people would have equally no idea.

The Rock said:
Scotty said:
[quote="OXY-351":2ull8hjm]Not sure if it's lready been mentioned, but congrats to the storm for winning the toyota cup too. A successful day for the club

Yep, after 4 consecutive grand finals, 2 GF wins, Melbourne still have NFI who the Storm are.

Rugby League fail. Heaven help the club if/when they start doing it tough on the field.[/quote:2ull8hjm]

That would be the end of NRL in Melbourne. NRL will never beat AFL in Melbourne. Their rugby league team is doing really well, winning 2/4 grand finals, but their fan base is still pretty weak.

I bet the Eels are kicking themselves over those couple of soft tries (Slater and Hoffman).

The new stadium should help a great deal especially off the back of another title. If they don't turn out biggers crowds next year there are serious questions to be asked.

Captain Staros said:
I bet the Eels are kicking themselves over those couple of soft tries (Slater and Hoffman).

Inglis one was worse in my opinion. Having an opposition player catch a bomb uncontested and go over the line almost untouched is pretty embarassing.

Much liek the Broncos last week, I think the eels had already played their gf the week before, and found it hard to keep up the intensity, after having such a tough run to even make it as far as they did.

Eels seemed so flat today, apart from the last 15-20 mins. I find it highly amusing cause I feel the media BS last week about the dogs v eels game being the "real" gf probably contributed to this. The eels were being treated like champions, even though they only won a semi final. Must be hard to back up from something like that

When I watched the Slater-Fui incident, I thought the ball was actually knocked out by Kingston's leg while he was jogging back onside. I could be wrong though.

I thought that too, which should be a knock on for the poor ball security.

The Gymp said:
I thought that too, which should be a knock on for the poor ball security.

I agree, but still not as bad a call as saying Moi Moi knocked the ball out.

If a team is able to counter-wrestle the Storm, get some quick play the balls and not go 1 out (ala Broncos 2009 Preliminary Final) the Storm can be beaten easier than teams have displayed in the last 6 weeks against them.

also, correct me if im wrong, but did the eels do a lap of honour WHILE the storm were making their speech?! how fucking disrespectful

Couldn't help myself so I watched a taped replay... (without knowing the score)

I have admit - I feel for Hindy... it has to be hard to take. Too harsh.

In saying that Melbourne deserved the victory - bloody text book team but they get the results... I know I wouldn't be caring too much about being boring if my team made 4 GFs in a row. Hope they don't make another one for 10 years.

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.