eel's want to breech salary cap!?

i dont see how thats fair. when the eels didnt make the finals could the broncos just go "ok we have 3 games left in the year, lets offer Hayne 20k for those 3 matches so we can get him for the finals"? is that fair?

the NRL only agreed to gasniers deal because of the backending of the deal, which saw his pay go up dramatically in the last 3 years (more specifically the last 2) to cover for his pitiful registered salary in the first 1.5 years. the last 3 years of which they never had to pay because he just up and retired.

he signed a 4.5 year contract for $1.9 million. it was ~$100k for 2010, the year they won the premiership. it was something like $250k for 2011, then it started going up and up. lets be honest - gasnier wouldve been a $400k+ a year player back in 2008 when he left. they got him for $100k to help them win a premiership, then for STILL probably under half his market value in 2011, then he retires and takes away roughly $1.5m worth of salary cap usage over the next 3 years with him. they would NOT have been allowed to sign him for the 2 seasons at what he got paid, and its an absolute disgrace that they werent severely punished for the blatant cheating of the cap.

I find it stupid that a player can't take a pay cut to play where he wants. I don't give a shit about other teams, If a player wants so badly to play for a certain club that he is willing to take a 50% pay cut. Let him, embrace the fact he obviously feels strongly enough for that club that he wants to play there regardless. Surely beats losing a player to another code.

I find it stupid that a player can't take a pay cut to play where he wants. I don't give a shit about other teams, If a player wants so badly to play for a certain club that he is willing to take a 50% pay cut. Let him, embrace the fact he obviously feels strongly enough for that club that he wants to play there regardless. Surely beats losing a player to another code.

It devalues the cap. It should remain as is.

Couldn't agree more.

The idea that a player should count what the NRL values him at is stupid.

i dont see how thats fair. when the eels didnt make the finals could the broncos just go "ok we have 3 games left in the year, lets offer Hayne 20k for those 3 matches so we can get him for the finals"? is that fair?

No, because players have to be registered by June 30. No players can switch clubs after that date, and no unsigned players can be recruited after that date.

AFL , union, are lol there ass off over the NRL for not getting fozzy . i think its a disgrace . sometimes the NRL are the laughing stock . fozzy was on $1.5million per year with AFL ? . now EELS has sack hopawati

AFL , union, are lol there ass off over the NRL for not getting fozzy . i think its a disgrace . sometimes the NRL are the laughing stock . fozzy was on $1.5million per year with AFL ? . now EELS has sack hopawati

I blew it all on the pokies.

fredie, izzy is not playing nrl coz izzy chose not to play nrl

it's time for you to stop blaming the nrl for izzy's decision

Waratahs are getting very excited about izzy fozzy

Of course they are and in round 2 they play the Reds at Suncorp which if marketed right could draw a huge crowd. Of course this is the Union and they won't market shit.

I'll get to see Isreal in the blue of the Waratahs early on. Hate that team I hope the mighty Reds smash them.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.