eel's want to breech salary cap!?

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Parramatta will break next season's salary cap to get Israel Folau back to rugby league, but only if the ARL Commission grants them permission.
It's understood Parramatta have approached the commission to spend more than the game's $5 million salary cap for next year and then operate under a reduced cap for 2014.

The ARLC is looking to register Folau at $400,000 for next season, knocking back the Eels' original plan to declare a far lower salary for the AFL defector. That would mean Parramatta's cap is increased to $5.4 million for next year but reduced by $400,000 - to $4.6 million - for 2014.
Over two years, Parramatta would spend the same amount - $10 million - as every other club.

However, Parramatta's 2014 cap would easily be the lowest of any club in the NRL.

Read more: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...au/story-fn2mcuj6-1226523948283#ixzz2DHFg3Whe

If the ARLC allow them to do this, it would open up a can of worms and they would then be unable to stop any other club from doing the same thing. if Parramatta want Folau they should be forced to release players.

Re: Eels want to breech salary cap.

Being as shit as they are I don't care if the Eels do it but its still fucked.

If this happens I fear for the game.

It's either a straight no, drop the cap, or raise it for all.

If they are already at their salary cap limits, they are seriously over paying their players.

**** me, what if the Broncos had been able to pay over the cap to keep Tuqiri, Hunt or Folau in the game? Dicks.

Folau for 400k? Bullshit!!!

If it happens I'm gonna be so fucking pissed. There is no way known that they can let this happen. Totally devalues the cap. OK so let's buy Thurston, smith, Slater and maybe inglis for 2014. We'll go over by 1.5 mil but we'll operate under the following year. We could have a standing agreement with the storm. We'll win it this year and you guys take the players back and get the following year.

Ricky Stuart just seems to be of the opinion he can whinge and when he does the NRL will placate him (SOO Ref Changes for example). If this were to happen it's a total farce and I would hope Andrew Gee went out with the cheque book under the same pretence.

What about clubs that don't use their salary cap in a given year - shouldn't they be entitled to a credit for next year?

What about if the Storm said they willl simply not register any player contracts in 2014 (or just put a Qld cup team on the park) and apply the credit for that to 2006-2009 and hand us back our premierships?

Why would you pay more? :scared:
He was being paid more when he was with us and he left for more money and that was before the cap was raised. I highly doubt he's legitimately only getting 400k, Jennings is getting 600k and the cap is now higher than it used to be before he left.

I smell BS if he's only registered at 400k.

I think flexibility on these issues will just create more problems than they solve. I wondered if increased freedom might perhaps encourage clubs to find solutions within the rules rather than attempt to deceive, however IMO, ambiguity in regards to a measure that is supposed to be as stringent as a salary cap is not a good thing.

fk off eels you POS.

Thats fucked letting another club cheat the rules like that. Still Parramatta won't get anywhere by just recruiting backs, they need proper halves and tough aggresive forwards.

He was being paid more when he was with us and he left for more money and that was before the cap was raised. I highly doubt he's legitimately only getting 400k, Jennings is getting 600k and the cap is now higher than it used to be before he left.

I smell BS if he's only registered at 400k.
Yeah, and he spent the last 2 years playing gayfl, lost muscle mass and will need a while to get back to his best, if he ever does.
He isn't worth more than 400K at the moment, and that is if he plays center...

It may only be 400k for the first year and possibly the second with a big ending of the contract.

If the ARLC's response is anything short of GTFO then they are even more f***ed than I thought.

Ok heres a plan, next year we will go over the cap by 3 million and by the qld spine. Blitz the competition, win a premiership then have a lean year 2014 then repeat the process. Fans will suck up the lean years cos they know they will get a premiership the next. F*** I seriously hate that the little whinger sticky is back at a club. F*** this s*** annoys me

Yeah, and he spent the last 2 years playing gayfl, lost muscle mass and will need a while to get back to his best, if he ever does.
He isn't worth more than 400K at the moment, and that is if he plays center...

Even so I doubt he signs for 400k. Last I read he's in even better shape than before he left, being at something like 4% body fat which means a higher muscle/to fat ratio than before and his aerobic fitness is far better than before too. If anything besides a short adaptation period I can only see him being better than before he left.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.