Elimination Final - Cowboys vs Broncos - Post-Match Discussion

Well with that effort I'm pretty disappointed and even slightly pissed off...........but mostly.............I'm just thankful that Griffinball is no more.

Why did Broncos let Tariq go?

**** me. THAT'S THE AGGRESSION WE NEED!

**** Tariq the guy's a dog...

Besides we didn't exactly let him go, he followed his brother and wanted to much money at a tine when our back row was going really well and he was a fringe first grader.

I hope the guy is suspended for the rest of the year.

Well with that effort I'm pretty disappointed and even slightly pissed off...........but mostly.............I'm just thankful that Griffinball is no more.

Sorry to disappoint you but all that will be happening is a name change.

I want the Panthers to win....I originally wanted the Cows but, nah. Penrith seem to have something that only Melbourne has....every single player knows their job. I just can't see the Cows getting there. Maybe it is Souths year ! Lost so much interest in this years finals now.....

Yeah it's a pretty unlikeable lineup now.

Will never cheer for the cowboys, Souths or the roosters. Bulldogs and then Penrith for me now. After that, nobody.

worst part about the Bronco's making the 8 was that it cost the a decent team who could be a contender (Warriors) a semi final berth.

What a waste?

High on our priority should be a Goal Kicker, a second rower and a Hooker that has a clue.

The Warriors had the perfect opportunity to take our spot from us and the blew it.

Disappointing and frustrating end to a disappointing and frustrating year. Three years, really, in truth. More than happy to see the back of Griffin, and while I'm not thrilled with the appointment of Bennett, there's not much chance we can get any worse. Bring on 2015.

How many games did the Broncos actually start really poorly this year? (that isn't a hypothetical question does anyone know the stats?)

This is what killed them this year. Sure they can put a good chase on points but so many games they just started so poorly. 2012 they seemed to start well and then lose it.

Hopefully next year the Broncos will play 80 minutes of good football.

**** Tariq the guy's a dog...

Besides we didn't exactly let him go, he followed his brother and wanted to much money at a tine when our back row was going really well and he was a fringe first grader.

I hope the guy is suspended for the rest of the year.

I don't really care if he is a dog. He is a good backrower and he plays with mongrel. He is willing to rip in and he takes no prisoners.

Our back row now? Bloody soft.

There was a time our forward pack was feared. Now it's laughed at.

Last edited:
First half was the most woeful display of the season. It took all of the bad we've done this year and none of the good.

Second half was obviously an improvement, but as always - we are just unable to stay focused for the whole 80 mins.

Very disappointed with this season, but I am excited to see what Bennett can do with this roster.

I don't really care if he is a dog. He is a good backrower and he plays with mongrel. He is willing to rip in and he takes no prisoners.

Our back row now? Bloody soft.

There was a time our forward pack is feared. Now it's laughed at.

Cheap shots are not what we need in a player, we need player thatvhas controlled aggression.

How many games did the Broncos actually start really poorly this year? (that isn't a hypothetical question does anyone know the stats?)

Let's see...

vs. Eels
vs. Rabbitohs
vs. Cowboys
vs. Panthers
vs. Warriors @ Suncorp
vs Storm @ Suncorp
vs. Rabbitohs
vs Storm
vs. Cowboys

Depends on your definition too. I thought there were a few games where they started poorly (eg. Knights Round 7) but weathered the storm, posted first points and did alright from then on.

It just seems like way too often this year I was sitting at home on a Friday night with a beer in hand watching them go down by 12 points or so really early and then having to fight their way back.

I just moved to the UK so I guess this time I was streaming it at 10:50am beer in hand watching them go down by 24 points in the first half and then it seems they get a bit "oh well we may as well throw it around now we have lost this" and start scoring points.

I hope the cowboys win the premiership though. I don't think they will but I'd like JT to finally get a premiership for the cowboys.

I love Parker and Hodgo, but our captains essentially handed the game to the Cows within the fist 15 or 20 mins. To their credit, they never stopped fighting (even though Corey's kicking was shocking), and Hodgo came up with brilliance only he is capable of!

WTF was Griffin thinking putting Gillett on the field as a starter?

Hindsight is easy, but FMD... Kennedy with Moose in the front row, with Parker at lock and Thaiday on the right edge, would certainly have been the way to go? We have 2 props capable of big minutes in Hannant and Moose, with Kennedy (who had a bit of a shocker with his hands) and Wallace in the prop rotation + Oates and maybe Gillett (although he showed he just wasn't up to a game) on the bench for impact.

Copley is a fucking LEFT centre. Surely it's not rocket science to put him there?

Credit to Kahu to come back from a shocking first half with a class display on the second. How about his speed when he just accelerated past Morgan like he wasn't there?

Speaking of that try, I hope JWH or SBW take Sims out with a late shot. Fucking dog!

Pink ***** do noting about it, but put Hannant on report for a nothing tackle? What about the 2 knock on calls that terminated us?

Oh well... that's it for this year. Good luck Hook where ever you go, and welcome back Wayne. I hope you'll guide us back to the limelight!

The King is dead... long live the King!

I'm thinking Storm V Bunnies final personally. Would love a cows v panthers one though

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.