FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Pretty much as bad as a debut could go for Caicedo

Football is such a strange sport.

A week ago Liverpool were the laughing stock of the league. Fast forward 7 days and now Chelsea and United are in the mud looking absolutely clueless.

A week ago Liverpool were the laughing stock of the league. Fast forward 7 days and now Chelsea and United are in the mud looking absolutely clueless.
I'm enjoying reading your posts @The True King, but I'm wondering which team you support?

I did some sleuthing 🕵️ and my best guess is Newcastle, but I'm not 100% sure on that haha.

I'm enjoying reading your posts @The True King, but I'm wondering which team you support?

I did some sleuthing 🕵️ and my best guess is Newcastle, but I'm not 100% sure on that haha.

I like Newcastle as a club. Got a lot of mates who support them. Proper club with proper fans but i couldnt back them if they were my club with their owner. I was pleased they got rid of Ashley, he was a terrible but Bin Salman is a shocker. Its blood money. I still cant believe to this day he passed the right and proper owner test. Must have left the Premier league plenty of full paper bags.

We created plenty of chances in that game, missed some absolute sitters. The finishing in that game was rubbish. That was some Weghorst style finishing.

This 4-1-4-1 formation is not working. Our midfield is suffering as a result. Ten Hag needs to make a change and make the call whether he wants Mount or Bruno playing that playmaking role up front, can't have both. We could really do with another defensive midfielder while this transfer window is still open. Have them paired up with Cas.

Said it from the day they signed him, Mount is an awful signing. They didnt need a player like him.

Not Newcastle haha but at least you're at the right end of the table :happy:

My lot going well so far in the championship. Nice start, 2 wins and a draw.

Early days but promising signs. Squad depth not good enough though, need 3-4 more signings to push us into a genuine top 10 side.

Early days but promising signs. Squad depth not good enough though, need 3-4 more signings to push us into a genuine top 10 side.
Who's your team?

I'm backing Leeds to come back up just waiting for the right odds before I jump on. Leicester have to be near on certainties to win it - their starting XI is so strong

I dont have fond memories of going to St Andrews. Zulu's werent very friendly!

Who's your team?

I'm backing Leeds to come back up just waiting for the right odds before I jump on. Leicester have to be near on certainties to win it - their starting XI is so strong
Birmingham City. New American ownership, after a decade of decline under Chinese owners.

Saying all the right things, and early signs are good.

Will be happy with a comfortable top half finish, continue to build next season and challenge for a top 10 or play off position.

Birmingham City. New American ownership, after a decade of decline under Chinese owners.

Saying all the right things, and early signs are good.

Will be happy with a comfortable top half finish, continue to build next season and challenge for a top 10 or play off position.

Didn't Tom Brady just buy a controlling stake in Birmingham City, or was it someone else?

The penalty against Bournemouth came at a crucial time. Liverpool were getting on top and that helped take the wind out of Bournemouth.

Horrible call, and if Sterling, Antony, Bruno or even Salah took that much of a dive we'd be hearing far more about it.

Still think Liverpool would have likely won, as they dominated with 10 men after yet another shocking call was made for a red card.

Its a long season thankfully... United were tragic to start last season also. The alarming thing was fitness and sharpness. Not even close in both games.

The penalty against Bournemouth came at a crucial time. Liverpool were getting on top and that helped take the wind out of Bournemouth.

Horrible call, and if Sterling, Antony, Bruno or even Salah took that much of a dive we'd be hearing far more about it.

Still think Liverpool would have likely won, as they dominated with 10 men after yet another shocking call was made for a red card.

Its a long season thankfully... United were tragic to start last season also. The alarming thing was fitness and sharpness. Not even close in both games.
Yeah the red was shocking, Liverpool win that game by 4 or 5 goals with 11 men. The penalty makes no difference overall.

I don't disagree it was a dive but the defender also made contact and forced the ref into a decision. Hardly going to have a go at a player in his second game for the club. It was soft but we see them awarded for those players you mentioned all the time - VAR could and maybe should have stepped in.

I'm less concerned about that decision and far more worried about where this handball stuff is going. We're seeing some serious inconsistency already.

I'm less concerned about that decision and far more worried about where this handball stuff is going. We're seeing some serious inconsistency already.
We're only two rounds in, and there has been absolutely no consistency with it at all.

It's a complete lottery. Joke shop.

The handball in United vs Spurs to me just is a handball. He is trying to block a shot on goal and has his arm outstretched. Ball hitting arm/hand is the only reason it's not a shot on goal.

It's like a lottery whether they'll be given or not based on 'too close'. They need to come out with a clearer message on what will and won't be given.

20230820 030036

The handball in United vs Spurs to me just is a handball. He is trying to block a shot on goal and has his arm outstretched. Ball hitting arm/hand is the only reason it's not a shot on goal.

It's like a lottery whether they'll be given or not based on 'too close'. They need to come out with a clearer message on what will and won't be given.

View attachment 23629

Penalty every day of the week. VAR has one job...

I guarantee if United do that in their next game, the opposition will get a penalty for it.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.