FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Penalty every day of the week. VAR has one job...

I guarantee if United do that in their next game, the opposition will get a penalty for it.
It sort of felt like VAR's attempt to balance out the Onana decision from the week before which should have been a penalty.

What a mess united have made of the whole Greenwood situation. You have to ask where is the leadership at that club. Even Ten Hag wanted to use him. Its took a massive backlash against them to change their minds and send the grub packing. I dont think there will be a club anywhere in England stupid enough to take him right now.

Funny that they were going to reintegrate him with the squad before news got out. Talk about shitting the bed.

Honestly though, how the **** does a multibillion dollar company not consider the fact that it would be 9/11 levels of PR disaster to let someone like that back in the team? But their solution apparently was to keep him away from their charity arms etc... it is literally unbelievable that someone was paid a shit ton of money to come up with that plan.

Funny that they were going to reintegrate him with the squad before news got out. Talk about shitting the bed.

Honestly though, how the **** does a multibillion dollar company not consider the fact that it would be 9/11 levels of PR disaster to let someone like that back in the team? But their solution apparently was to keep him away from their charity arms etc... it is literally unbelievable that someone was paid a shit ton of money to come up with that plan.

They clearly dont know how to read the room.

United apparently get away with murder, yet there's been a week plus investigation and discussion about that one decision, and the plethora of other shit decisions have got next to none.

Its a myth.

Unitee in recent seasons are also at the bottom of the penalties received list, pretty crazy for a team thats so benefited by officials. 10 penalties last season for City and 3 for United but United is the one that gets everything. 👍 Season before, United got 5, every other top 4 club got 8 or 9.

Before you even mention about it being more about conceded. Last season united conceded the same number of pens as City, and 1 less than Liverpool. So how is it just United get away with murder? Is every other team perfect and its just United that makes all these unpunished challenges? Season before that, City conceded just 1 penalty and United 5. Liverpool went that whole season without conceding a single penalty.

Its such bs and I'm sick of reading about. Every shit decision against United doesn't even get a mention, but a foul not given and its Fergie blowing the refs again.

United apparently get away with murder, yet there's been a week plus investigation and discussion about that one decision, and the plethora of other shit decisions have got next to none.

Its a myth.

Unitee in recent seasons are also at the bottom of the penalties received list, pretty crazy for a team thats so benefited by officials. 10 penalties last season for City and 3 for United but United is the one that gets everything. 👍 Season before, United got 5, every other top 4 club got 8 or 9.

Before you even mention about it being more about conceded. Last season united conceded the same number of pens as City, and 1 less than Liverpool. So how is it just United get away with murder? Is every other team perfect and its just United that makes all these unpunished challenges? Season before that, City conceded just 1 penalty and United 5. Liverpool went that whole season without conceding a single penalty.

Its such bs and I'm sick of reading about. Every shit decision against United doesn't even get a mention, but a foul not given and its Fergie blowing the refs again.

All teams get shit decisions, but United and LiVARpool tbf get a lot more in their favour. Its not just about penalties given or not given, they dont tell the full story. Its decisions not given against them. I can recall a game they played against us a couple of years ago where ( again ) we had a penalty not even looked at, then united scored their winning goal from a studs up tackle on Neves that was a clear foul. I've been watching football long enough to see the so called bigger clubs always get the decisions. It happened way before Ferguson was in charge at United. I can remember Liverpool getting exactly the same things happen under Bob Paisley.

As i said the other day though, if Jose Sa comes out and flattens a striker, like he did against Leeds last season, then its a penalty. Onana does it, nothing. No question in my mind big club bias exists, we see it year after year. Its why clubs like United and Liverpool are the most despised in England.

Solid rants but not even a mention of City.

Pretty laughable considering one of the most obvious handballs (Rodri) in EPL recent history was ignored and it won them a title.

The LiVARpool thing is abit of a joke too. Everyone quick to point out the decisions that go in their favour yet not a single word about Pickford hacking VVD and nothing for it; or Henderson being incorrectly ruled offside by VAR in the 93rd minute which would have won the game. Could even bring up the Fabinho tackle against West Brom which was moved from the refs mark 30cm outside the box and turned into a penalty by VAR. Michael Oliver and Paul Tierney have both been publicly criticized by Klopp and had formal requests by the club with the refs association for them not to be involved in Liverpool games.

Even on the weekend they've openly admitted to getting the Mac Allister red card wrong (since appealed by the club).

I don't believe there's any sort of agenda at play, most of the United jabs are just banter, I just think its gross incompetence and subconscious bias from referees that are from the same cities as which the game is being played in/between.

Its a myth.

Remember against Arsenal that offside call last season where Bruno blatantly involved himself in play but they let Rashford's goal stand anyway?

Despite being a neutral watching that I recall it being such a terrible call. Turned the entire game and those sort of fine margins are what decides title races. The worst part was not a single United fan was willing to admit it was offside.

Solid rants but not even a mention of City.

Pretty laughable considering one of the most obvious handballs (Rodri) in EPL recent history was ignored and it won them a title.

The LiVARpool thing is abit of a joke too. Everyone quick to point out the decisions that go in their favour yet not a single word about Pickford hacking VVD and nothing for it; or Henderson being incorrectly ruled offside by VAR in the 93rd minute which would have won the game. Could even bring up the Fabinho tackle against West Brom which was moved from the refs mark 30cm outside the box and turned into a penalty by VAR. Michael Oliver and Paul Tierney have both been publicly criticized by Klopp and had formal requests by the club with the refs association for them not to be involved in Liverpool games.

Even on the weekend they've openly admitted to getting the Mac Allister red card wrong (since appealed by the club).

I don't believe there's any sort of agenda at play, most of the United jabs are just banter, I just think its gross incompetence and subconscious bias from referees that are from the same cities as which the game is being played in/between.
The big club bias is definitely a thing. It's nothing new. It's been happening for decades, it's just more visible now with the coverage of games being a lot more in depth.

As I said, every team gets shit decisions, but the big clubs do get the rub of the green against the lower sides but not so much against each other.

Remember against Arsenal that offside call last season where Bruno blatantly involved himself in play but they let Rashford's goal stand anyway?

Despite being a neutral watching that I recall it being such a terrible call. Turned the entire game and those sort of fine margins are what decides title races. The worst part was not a single United fan was willing to admit it was offside.
I think that was the Citeh game. Or am I thinking of a different incident

The past week we've been hearing about how Onana's contact should have been a penalty because PGMOL came out and said it was a penalty, but when they say that goal against City stands because Rashford doesn't physically interfere with any defender, suddenly they don't know what they're talking about?

The past week we've been hearing about how Onana's contact should have been a penalty because PGMOL came out and said it was a penalty, but when they say that goal against City stands because Rashford doesn't physically interfere with any defender, suddenly they don't know what they're talking about?

Howard Webb who runs PGMOL said that goal should never have been given. It was an error by the ref and VAR in game. Nobody with a brain thinks that goal should ever have stood.

Howard Webb who runs PGMOL said that goal should never have been given. It was an error by the ref and VAR in game. Nobody with a brain thinks that goal should ever have stood.
The amount of times the PGMOL has had to come out after games apologizing for decision is a joke in of itself.

There is such a clear lack of accountability because they very rarely punish the referees involved, instead they cover for each other. A good start would be to make the interaction between the ref and VAR audible to fans - we should be able to hear who's making the calls and the exchange that precedes the decision.

Saw today the Mac Allister red has been overturned. Obviously means he can play this weekend and that's the right outcome, but where is the justice if Liverpool had gone on to lose that game after going down to 10 men? How didn't VAR look at that challenge and give the ref a nudge that it was wrong?

The amount of times the PGMOL has had to come out after games apologizing for decision is a joke in of itself.

There is such a clear lack of accountability because they very rarely punish the referees involved, instead they cover for each other. A good start would be to make the interaction between the ref and VAR audible to fans - we should be able to hear who's making the calls and the exchange that precedes the decision.

Saw today the Mac Allister red has been overturned. Obviously means he can play this weekend and that's the right outcome, but where is the justice if Liverpool had gone on to lose that game after going down to 10 men? How didn't VAR look at that challenge and give the ref a nudge that it was wrong?

The apologies mean nothing. No exagerration in the second half of last season i think we had about 6 or 7 games in a row where they came out and had to apologise for bad decisions and thats only at one club.

Man City signing Nunes from Wolves

Huge loss for Wolves and compounded by it being so late in the window

Man City signing Nunes from Wolves

Huge loss for Wolves and compounded by it being so late in the window

He's really not a huge loss. He barely contributed last season. I can probably count on one hand the amount of quality games he has played for us. He did look sharp against United tbf. I do think he's got the potential to be a really top line player but he's been very disappointing for us and can be quite petulant, as was shown against Brighton. He's just never really stepped up when we needed him to, which is a shame because he clearly has plenty of talent. If we can get £55-60 million for him with some future addons to cover ourselves, its a good deal imo.

The bigger deal could be Semedo to United. They are talking about £36 million which i'd snap their hand off for. He's pretty average most of the time.

He's really not a huge loss. He barely contributed last season. I can probably count on one hand the amount of quality games he has played for us. He did look sharp against United tbf. I do think he's got the potential to be a really top line player but he's been very disappointing for us and can be quite petulant, as was shown against Brighton. He's just never really stepped up when we needed him to, which is a shame because he clearly has plenty of talent. If we can get £55-60 million for him with some future addons to cover ourselves, its a good deal imo.

The bigger deal could be Semedo to United. They are talking about £36 million which i'd snap their hand off for. He's pretty average most of the time.
I don't rate Semedo at all.

Nunes certainly hasnt hit his potential yet but you can bet if Pep sees something in him it's going to look like a bargain in 2-3 seasons time.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Pablo
  • OnToSomething
  • Footy Fanatic
  • NSW stables
  • BroncosAlways
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • xilliun
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.