FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I don't rate Semedo at all.

Nunes certainly hasnt hit his potential yet but you can bet if Pep sees something in him it's going to look like a bargain in 2-3 seasons time.

I think he will do well at City but i dont think we are going to miss him. In a top side he should thrive but he just doesnt contribute enough for a side like ours. He would have been a brilliant signing for us when we still had Nuno in charge, but the side we are these days he just isnt disciplined enough.

Semedo is a weird player. He either looks like he is unbeatable or he looks fragile as hell.

I think he will do well at City but i dont think we are going to miss him. In a top side he should thrive but he just doesnt contribute enough for a side like ours. He would have been a brilliant signing for us when we still had Nuno in charge, but the side we are these days he just isnt disciplined enough.

Semedo is a weird player. He either looks like he is unbeatable or he looks fragile as hell.
So basically he would have been better if he had better players around him?

I agree

Michael Oliver very quietly not given a gig this weekend as an official.

Wonder why it didn't get as much coverage as when it happened the week before?

So basically he would have been better if he had better players around him?

I agree

Kind of. You get some players who just lift and inspire their team mates and stand out at less talented sides. At Wolves, Neves was like that. Nunes doesnt do the same thing. Despite his ability i dont think he is the type of player who can step up and show his ability in a lesser side.

Kind of. You get some players who just lift and inspire their team mates and stand out at less talented sides. At Wolves, Neves was like that. Nunes doesnt do the same thing. Despite his ability i dont think he is the type of player who can step up and show his ability in a lesser side.
I think this is harsh. To some extent Nunes has shown his ability, he's just not a brilliant silky player like Neves, nor has the ball striking that Neves had in big moments.

No doubt he'll take it to another level going forward when he has Rodri sweeping up everything behind him. That's a safety blanket he doesn't have at Wolves. Liverpool were very keen on Nunes too and I don't think it can be a coincidence, the kid is going to the top.

My expectation is that he turns into a slightly more attacking version of Kovacic. He's strong, good in tight spaces and can beat a man but has alot to work on. Pep will be looking to mould him into another Gundogan but it will take time

I think this is harsh. To some extent Nunes has shown his ability, he's just not a brilliant silky player like Neves, nor has the ball striking that Neves had in big moments.

No doubt he'll take it to another level going forward when he has Rodri sweeping up everything behind him. That's a safety blanket he doesn't have at Wolves. Liverpool were very keen on Nunes too and I don't think it can be a coincidence, the kid is going to the top.

My expectation is that he turns into a slightly more attacking version of Kovacic. He's strong, good in tight spaces and can beat a man but has alot to work on. Pep will be looking to mould him into another Gundogan but it will take time

It's not really harsh. When you watch him week in week out you see it. Not sure you have watched Wolves a lot if you think we didnt have a saftey blanket for him. He had Neves and Lemina, both midfielders who generally like to sit deep, giving him that security last season and he still didn't step up.

He just a good player who isn't the right player for us. He's a bit of a luxury who isn't in the game enough for a side like ours. I do think he is a quality player saying that. We just aren't good enough to carry players who aren't in the game for 90 mins and that's what he is.

According to the media in Italy, United are chasing Marcos Leonardo from Santos for €25 million.

20 years old, striker, 16 goals in 32 appearances. He would be a decent signing if we can get him. Certainly gives us options up front.

It's not really harsh. When you watch him week in week out you see it. Not sure you have watched Wolves a lot if you think we didnt have a saftey blanket for him. He had Neves and Lemina, both midfielders who generally like to sit deep, giving him that security last season and he still didn't step up.

He just a good player who isn't the right player for us. He's a bit of a luxury who isn't in the game enough for a side like ours. I do think he is a quality player saying that. We just aren't good enough to carry players who aren't in the game for 90 mins and that's what he is.
Fair enough I certainly don't watch your every game. I have seen about enough to know why Pep wants him and I also know those guys you mentioned aren't anywhere near the level of Rodri, nor do they have an insane defence behind them with Dias, Stones, Ake, Gvardiol etc.

You would know City are a possession dominant team. He's not going to be asked to be a creative player at City, nor will he have the burden of sweeping everything up in midfield. Pep will likely have him recycling the ball and providing energy in midfield while others are writing the headlines. Pep was an admirer of him long before he joined Wolves too, I just think it'll turn out to be a justified price tag. Wolves fans can be pleased with the fee at the same time as it can be great value for City if he goes on to be an integral player.

According to the media in Italy, United are chasing Marcos Leonardo from Santos for €25 million.

20 years old, striker, 16 goals in 32 appearances. He would be a decent signing if we can get him. Certainly gives us options up front.
Good option but not the right one, imo. Nothing to do with him, I have never seen him play myself - I don't like the idea of 2 x 20yo's being expected to come in and save United's season (bit of an exaggeration but its getting to that point). He may turn out to be a world beater but that's a crazy amount of pressure to put on two young kids and it rarely works out.

Mehdi Taremi is the sort of striker United should be after. Someone with a proven track record of goals, UCL experience, physically mature and a seasoned pro for the dressing room. Would be the perfect guy to mentor Hojlund for a season or two while also not getting in his way.

Fair enough I certainly don't watch your every game. I have seen about enough to know why Pep wants him and I also know those guys you mentioned aren't anywhere near the level of Rodri, nor do they have an insane defence behind them with Dias, Stones, Ake, Gvardiol etc.

You would know City are a possession dominant team. He's not going to be asked to be a creative player at City, nor will he have the burden of sweeping everything up in midfield. Pep will likely have him recycling the ball and providing energy in midfield while others are writing the headlines. Pep was an admirer of him long before he joined Wolves too, I just think it'll turn out to be a justified price tag. Wolves fans can be pleased with the fee at the same time as it can be great value for City if he goes on to be an integral player.

Good option but not the right one, imo. Nothing to do with him, I have never seen him play myself - I don't like the idea of 2 x 20yo's being expected to come in and save United's season (bit of an exaggeration but its getting to that point). He may turn out to be a world beater but that's a crazy amount of pressure to put on two young kids and it rarely works out.

Mehdi Taremi is the sort of striker United should be after. Someone with a proven track record of goals, UCL experience, physically mature and a seasoned pro for the dressing room. Would be the perfect guy to mentor Hojlund for a season or two while also not getting in his way.
I don't disagree. I was over the moon when we signed Nunes but he just hasn't worked for us.

I think Neves in a team like citeh would also show how good he is. Pep lives him but they just don't need a player like him with Rodri there.

I don't disagree. I was over the moon when we signed Nunes but he just hasn't worked for us.

I think Neves in a team like citeh would also show how good he is. Pep lives him but they just don't need a player like him with Rodri there.
Yeah tend to agree they would have no need for Neves.

What this means for Phillips is interesting, Nunes definitely would jump him in the pecking order and Kovacic can play DM at a pinch too. Foden and Palmer are bodies in midfield that can cover KDB.

I wonder if Phillips is the midfield domino that needs to fall first for Gravenberch to leave Bayern.

there were loose rumours that Pool were after Phillips but I doubt we'd go after him considering we were nickel and dime'ing about 4mill for Lavia.

there were loose rumours that Pool were after Phillips but I doubt we'd go after him considering we were nickel and dime'ing about 4mill for Lavia.
I can't understand for the money why Liverpool didn't go for Neves considering they were one of the two clubs he said he would probably play for in England if he left Wolves.

I can't understand for the money why Liverpool didn't go for Neves considering they were one of the two clubs he said he would probably play for in England if he left Wolves.
Think there's a question over his legs, doesn't have enough mobility to play how we want.

Think there's a question over his legs, doesn't have enough mobility to play how we want.
Bang on. He's not the profile of player that LFC have been after. He's been linked for 3-4 seasons but nothing has ever come out of the club to say he's a target of any sort. I like him as a player but he would have been better as a Gini replacement back when Fabinho was useful.

For me the guy this summer was Edson Alvarez. He's going to be a great player and would have been a better value signing than Neves and certainly more ready-made than Lavia. Andre Trindade is the guy I really want now though, I'd be more than happy to wait for January for that to happen as he's going to be a star. I think Endo can be serviceable until then.

Florentino Luis at Benfica would have also been great and will end up at a big club, but certainly not for 100mil+ which is what would have been required to get him now.

I think the Phillips to LFC rumours are nonsense. That would cause a meltdown from the fan base and is PR spin from the agent to try get better negotiating terms. I think there's genuine interest from Bayern (Tuchel has openly admitted to the Bayern squad lacking a DM) and if they get him that frees up Gravenberch to go to either United or LFC. Will be interesting to see if that ends up being a loan or permanent deal.

That's not really the case. He isn't quick, but he's good enough to get around the pitch. Just look at the game last year Wolves beat Liverpool in. He dominated, played as a box to box player and was superb.

I actually think there are a lot of misconceptions about how Neves plays tbh.

That's not really the case. He isn't quick, but he's good enough to get around the pitch. Just look at the game last year Wolves beat Liverpool in. He dominated, played as a box to box player and was superb.

I actually think there are a lot of misconceptions about how Neves plays tbh.
To be fair Wolfie, you could have played in that Wolves midfield and you would have dominated Liverpool last season

Luke Shaw out for an extended time with an injury now. Malacia is also not ready to return.

Dalot going to be playing left side now one would think, or Martinez is shifted.

Only positive I can see from this is Fernandez will now absolutely get some game time this season. Think the kids special so hope he does.

Luke Shaw out for an extended time with an injury now. Malacia is also not ready to return.

Dalot going to be playing left side now one would think, or Martinez is shifted.

Only positive I can see from this is Fernandez will now absolutely get some game time this season. Think the kids special so hope he does.

Please sign Semedo. Thanks.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Pablo
  • NSW stables
  • OnToSomething
  • Hurrijo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Rambstien
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Allo
  • xilliun
  • Battler
  • bb_gun
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.