FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I'd have been happy with the 30 million Napoli offered. If he got a bit of mongrel about him i think he would go up levels. He's way too laid back.
LFC should be all over that tbh

Left footed CB is exactly what they need to cover VVD and being a home grown player would be a bonus

LFC should be all over that tbh

Left footed CB is exactly what they need to cover VVD and being a home grown player would be a bonus

We wanted 35 million and Napoli wouldnt go that high. He's got a lot of potential, and at 26 he is coming into his prime years. I still think he is just a little too quiet still.

Weird thing with him is he was picked to play for Ukraine and was keen to do so as his parents are Ukrainian, but because he played Futsal for England he is ineligible as Futsal is covered under Fifa rules bizarrely.

We wanted 35 million and Napoli wouldnt go that high. He's got a lot of potential, and at 26 he is coming into his prime years. I still think he is just a little too quiet still.

Weird thing with him is he was picked to play for Ukraine and was keen to do so as his parents are Ukrainian, but because he played Futsal for England he is ineligible as Futsal is covered under Fifa rules bizarrely.
He's not worth that but I'd almost pay it if I was LFC. Home grown problem is a huge issue and he's about the right age too

He's not worth that but I'd almost pay it if I was LFC. Home grown problem is a huge issue and he's about the right age too

I think 35 million is probably a little light tbh for a left footed English center half if he is moving to an English club. They arent that common. Not going to compare his transfer somebody like Maguire because that was a ridiculous fee, but Ben White got a big move after 1 good year in the premier league for a lot more than 35 million and Kilman has been good now for over 2 seasons. You look at players like Keane as well who went for 30 million i think if we wanted we could ask for an inflated fee. Knowing us, we wont even though players like Kilman are sold at a premium. We never exploit the English tax.

I think 35 million is probably a little light tbh for a left footed English center half if he is moving to an English club. They arent that common. Not going to compare his transfer somebody like Maguire because that was a ridiculous fee, but Ben White got a big move after 1 good year in the premier league for a lot more than 35 million and Kilman has been good now for over 2 seasons. You look at players like Keane as well who went for 30 million i think if we wanted we could ask for an inflated fee. Knowing us, we wont even though players like Kilman are sold at a premium. We never exploit the English tax.
I rate White as a much better defender than Kilman. Keane is one of the worst CBs in the league.

Colwill is by far the best of the bunch and LFC were very keen when he was exploring his options. The $50mil rumoured was a snip for him.

Now that Konate is injured LFC will definitely have to do something back there. Hincapie from Leverkusen is strongly linked at the moment but will take $40-50mil to get.

I rate White as a much better defender than Kilman. Keane is one of the worst CBs in the league.

Colwill is by far the best of the bunch and LFC were very keen, the $50mil rumoured was a snip for him.

Now that Konate is injured LFC will definitely have to do something back there. Hincapie from Leverkusen is strongly linked at the moment but will take $40-50mil to get.

White isnt any better than Kilman. Max goes under the radar because he isnt playing for a top side every week. You cant blame teams for not buying English players though if they can help it. They are very overpriced.

Colwill we will see. He's done nothing yet. He got bullied all game by Antonio the other day ( wasnt the only one tbf to him ) and the West Ham fans think he is on his last legs. That kind of fee is everything wrong with football if an established, proven premier league player can be valued less than a kid who has played less than 20 top flight games. Loads of promising young players fade away after bright starts ( Chelsea have had plenty of them as well, i remember the hype around Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi ). Only a an idiotic, desperate team would be paying that.

White isnt any better than Kilman. Max goes under the radar because he isnt playing for a top side every week. You cant blame teams for not buying English players though if they can help it. They are very overpriced.

Colwill we will see. He's done nothing yet. He got bullied all game by Antonio the other day ( wasnt the only one tbf to him ) and the West Ham fans think he is on his last legs. That kind of fee is everything wrong with football if an established, proven premier league player can be valued less than a kid who has played less than 20 top flight games. Loads of promising young players fade away after bright starts ( Chelsea have had plenty of them as well, i remember the hype around Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi ). Only a an idiotic, desperate team would be paying that.
I don't know about that. White was brilliant at Brighton and one of the best CB's in the competition in 2020/21. The same logic could apply in terms of going under the radar because he wasn't at a top side then (Brighton were 16th). I think his versatility is a major factor in why he's rated so highly too, he was on the shortlist for best RB in the league last season and he can cover the entire backline.

$50mil for him looks like a bargain now and after seeing Colwill again this morning, I think that would have been great value too. Both of them are a cut above Kilman, who while I still rate, isn't in that conversation.

Agree on the whole Chelsea thing and their struggles to develop elite players from within to the first team are well documented. I think Colwill ends up being an exception to that rule (like Mount and James), largely because Poch fancies him but also because they haven't blocked his first team minutes (like they did with Loftus-Cheek, Hudson-Odoi, Livramento, Gilmour etc).

I don't think that's intentional or great planning either, they just happened to get injuries to Badiashile and Fofana that opened the door for Levi.

CAS!

After a very poor start to the match, United are back level.

Oooo Antony!

Great save from Turner.

***** sake Fernandes.

That was the chance to go ahead.

Jesus, another chance to go ahead blown.

VAR checking it.

He legit drags him down and denies him a goal scoring chance.

Active Now

• Wild Horse
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Nightwatchman
  • Muros
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrtij
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.