FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

When everyone gets up on Sunday morning and watches the highlights, lets make sure this energy is kept this weekend like it was last 😀

Defoe and co completely agreed it was a penalty as well, yet twitter has imploded in typical fashion.

My thoughts are its soft as shit. There's contact but jesus it's so harsh on defenders that such little touches can be penalties.

Ridiculous game, coming back from 2 such poor goals so early. Teams still all over the place. But winning is all that mattered, especially 2 down within 4 mins.

Rashford better off the left, Antony was a bit better and AWB and Bruno were solid. Casemiro can't be fully fit just yet, and Dalot was bang average again.

Hope the injury to Varane isn't too bad. It's being reported as a knock so we will have to wait and see.
I just watched the highlights. What was the issue?

Maybe I watched the wrong game haha

TAA walking the red card tightrope real early.

Considering that 2 yellows and red for Tomiyasu the other week, he may have been lucky not to get the 2nd yellow already. Threw the ball away then stops the counter shortly after.

He'll do well to not get a 2nd yellow at this rate.

What a wild 10 mins.

TAA **** up again and goal, then VVD clips Isak as last man, hits the player then the ball and is given straight red before absolutely blasting the ref. They are really not taking lightly to ref abuse this season so will be very interesting next 24 hours got VVD as it was quite the tirade.

Unlucky red though as he didn't purposefully take out Isak but he did get man first and was last man.

Darwin Nunez is ridiculous. Can't believe he hasn't been starting. 2 incredible finishes and Liverpool look to have somehow won.

What a wild 10 mins.

TAA **** up again and goal, then VVD clips Isak as last man, hits the player then the ball and is given straight red before absolutely blasting the ref. They are really not taking lightly to ref abuse this season so will be very interesting next 24 hours got VVD as it was quite the tirade.

Unlucky red though as he didn't purposefully take out Isak but he did get man first and was last man.
It was another harsh red, I know he was last man but on replay there wasn’t much in it.

Harsh red. Trent lucky to be on the pitch. Another mistake....

Nunez absolutely smash and grab.

What a magnificent save by Allison tho. World class.

Harsh red. Trent lucky to be on the pitch. Another mistake....

Nunez absolutely smash and grab.

What a magnificent save by Allison tho. World class.
I've watched it a few times and I'm not sure how Trent can be considered "lucky".

He was fouled, should never have got a yellow card to begin with.

Klopp said after the game that all the officials admitted to the first yellow being the wrong decision.

I think the referee realized the second one was definitely a yellow. He tried to overcorrect the mistake by giving Van Dijk the red card a few minutes later.

There are reports that United have made an offer to Barca for a loan deal for Marcos Alonso.

Barca reportedly leaving it up to Alonso.

Alonso would be a horrible pickup even on loan. There are also bigger pressing issues with the squad than LB.

Just this morning though, I've read Alonso, Cucurella, Regulion and Tagliafico...

Alonso would be a horrible pickup even on loan. There are also bigger pressing issues with the squad than LB.

Just this morning though, I've read Alonso, Cucurella, Regulion and Tagliafico...
Champions League winner, experienced pro.

It's perfect. They should absolutely sign him and play him every game

Considering the prices paid for other mids, what a pickup Tonali looks to have been for Newcastle.

The goal he got was just a bonus, such a steady head in that midfield 3 with Bruno G.

In a well beaten team, Diaby looked really exciting for Villa too.
Thoughts on Tonali against Liverpool?

One of the worst players on the pitch imo.

Thoughts on Tonali against Liverpool?

One of the worst players on the pitch imo.
Wow bringing this back up already 😁

He looked good in pre season and in game 1 but he has been ordinary vs City and Liverpool for sure. Doesn't mean he won't be a long term good buy.

I think Newcastle's whole midfield was poor on the weekend though.

Wow bringing this back up already 😁

He looked good in pre season and in game 1 but he has been ordinary vs City and Liverpool for sure. Doesn't mean he won't be a long term good buy.

I think Newcastle's whole midfield was poor on the weekend though.
Haha wasn't having a go, just think we need to criticize him in equal measure as we praise him.

I still haven't been impressed. He's just so careless with the ball. I looked into the numbers and he was at 72% pass completion against a 10 man Liverpool. Not a single progressive pass either. For reference, Joelinton was at 88% (3 progressive) while Bruno G was at 84% (11 progressive). As a team, Newcastle was at 85%.

It's obviously too soon to judge him but I think that's something he will need to sort out very quickly.

Haha wasn't having a go, just think we need to criticize him in equal measure as we praise him.

I still haven't been impressed. He's just so careless with the ball. I looked into the numbers and he was at 72% pass completion against a 10 man Liverpool. Not a single progressive pass either. For reference, Joelinton was at 88% (3 progressive) while Bruno G was at 84% (11 progressive). As a team, Newcastle was at 85%.

It's obviously too soon to judge him but I think that's something he will need to sort out very quickly.
Nah I know you weren't having a go, all good. As I said, thought he was poor vs City as well.

72% pass completion in that game is horrible. If Liverpool were in full press mode with 11 men it would have been even worse.

I always liked what I saw in the bits I watched of Milan, but it's a very different league so it's interesting seeing these players trying to adapt.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • ezpz
  • pennywisealfie
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Big Del
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.