FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Kolo Muani signed with PSG for €90 million.

No wonder United showed little interest in him.

Ansu Fati on loan to Brighton.
Clement Llenglet on loan to Villa.

Don't really care about LLenglet but I hope Brighton develop Ansu and he comes back a better player.
It's unfortunate but Fati didn't look the same player after all that time off.

I really hope Brighton can get him going again.

Kolo Muani signed with PSG for €90 million.

No wonder United showed little interest in him.
PSG are one of those teams that United simply can't compete with on the market.
They have overpaid for sure but when you put it into perspective with some of the other transfers this window it's actually a decent fee.

They just have to hope he's not the next Haller.

I dont think we will miss him tbh, but i do think he's going to be a very good player at the same time. Just dont like his attitude. Totally different with Neves who had offers to leave multiple times but when nobody met our valuation he didn't kick up a stink and was a model pro.
We tried to get Nunes last window from memory. There was a fee of around $40mil rumoured then. Had he just been a mercenary rat looking for a bigger club he would have gone on strike back then to get his way out.

I don't think you can really be too bitter about his attitude. From all reports you guys just weren't all that keen to sell (fair enough given the timing), City made it evident they'd meet your valuation early too. Players do that sort of thing all the time to force the club's hand - we just saw it with Amrabat and Caicedo.

Had Nunes continued to train and acted invested in staying at Wolves you guys wouldn't have let him go. Once in a lifetime opportunity for the player to work with Pep and win all sorts of trophies over the next few years. Had he not forced it they would have just gone for someone else and who knows how long he ends up staying at Wolves.

We saw it with City and Kane, they simply don't wait around.

In a few years time you'll appreciate the fee you got and provided your owners spend it well - it will be a win for all parties.

We tried to get Nunes last window from memory. There was a fee of around $40mil rumoured then. Had he just been a mercenary rat looking for a bigger club he would have gone on strike back then to get his way out.

I don't think you can really be too bitter about his attitude. From all reports you guys just weren't all that keen to sell (fair enough given the timing), City made it evident they'd meet your valuation early too. Players do that sort of thing all the time to force the club's hand - we just saw it with Amrabat and Caicedo.

Had Nunes continued to train and acted invested in staying at Wolves you guys wouldn't have let him go. Once in a lifetime opportunity for the player to work with Pep and win all sorts of trophies over the next few years. Had he not forced it they would have just gone for someone else and who knows how long he ends up staying at Wolves.

We saw it with City and Kane, they simply don't wait around.

In a few years time you'll appreciate the fee you got and provided your owners spend it well - it will be a win for all parties.
Caicedo did it in January, and didnt get his move, Brighton held firm then sold him for more money in this window. They sold him on their terms

If we werent willing to sell we wouldnt have given them a price. Its just not correct to say we wouldnt have let him go because thats the model of how we do things. We have never stopped a player moving if our valuation has been met, Jota for example.

I doubt we would have had a deal in place for $40 million ( if you are talking AUD ) with i presume Liverpool because thats who apparently it was, considering we paid $58 million for him. Even if you are talking in pounds, we paid 38 million for him, we wouldnt be selling him for a 2 million profit considering Sporting get 10% of any profit. Liverpool didnt even make a bid so thats kind of irrelevant. Citeh did make a bid.

I think we have every right to be shitty. He's done one of the lowest things a footballer can do, disrespect the fans and the club. I honestly dont know a single football fan back home who would condone his conduct in this, and he's been slammed in the media for it. You must be the only person i've come across trying to justify it. The fee is irrelevant to us as Wolves fans. We wont appreciate the fee, we will just always remember Nunes was a **** about how he got his move. The bloke has no class.

Caicedo did it in January, and didnt get his move, Brighton held firm then sold him for more money in this window. They sold him on their terms

If we werent willing to sell we wouldnt have given them a price. Its just not correct to say we wouldnt have let him go because thats the model of how we do things. We have never stopped a player moving if our valuation has been met, Jota for example.

I doubt we would have had a deal in place for $40 million ( if you are talking AUD ) with i presume Liverpool because thats who apparently it was, considering we paid $58 million for him. Even if you are talking in pounds, we paid 38 million for him, we wouldnt be selling him for a 2 million profit considering Sporting get 10% of any profit. Liverpool didnt even make a bid so thats kind of irrelevant. Citeh did make a bid.

I think we have every right to be shitty. He's done one of the lowest things a footballer can do, disrespect the fans and the club. I honestly dont know a single football fan back home who would condone his conduct in this, and he's been slammed in the media for it. You must be the only person i've come across trying to justify it. The fee is irrelevant to us as Wolves fans. We wont appreciate the fee, we will just always remember Nunes was a **** about how he got his move. The bloke has no class.
Not quite the same thing. January is mid-season, completely different context to any sort of sale. Caicedo never went on strike back then, he simply made a few posts about wanting to play for Arsenal. He even then agreed a new contract. At the beginning of this window Brighton were saying he wasn't for sale but everyone knew Brighton had made a hand-shake deal with him.

They tried to get him back for this pre-season, that's when Chelsea got in his ear and he went on strike.

$40mil pound is what we were looking at (sorry it was actually $44). I didn't realize it even was a release clause

About the last point, I am yet to see any Brighton or Fiorentina fan blow up about their players who have done the exact same thing. It's a very normal occurrence these days in football - again, there is a strong possibility he doesn't get the transfer if he doesn't force it.

United signed Altay Bayindir to replace Dean Henderson.

That City goal standing is such a bad decision. They showed an angle that Akanji is definitely impacting the GK...

Now a soft penalty too. Fulham been proper stuffed

That City goal standing is such a bad decision. They showed an angle that Akanji is definitely impacting the GK...

Now a soft penalty too. Fulham been proper stuffed
I'm the first to call out rubbish officiating (especially involving City) but there was nothing wrong with either of those decisions.

GK was never getting near that first ball and second one was a blatant trip.

Chelsea are so much fun. Pochettino is in a world of pain with team selection and overthinking.. at least so it seems.

Chilwell has never and will never be a left winger, absolute madness how they are lining up right now. Long may it continue

I'm the first to call out rubbish officiating (especially involving City) but there was nothing wrong with either of those decisions.

GK was never getting near that first ball and second one was a blatant trip.
Akanji is offside, the ball heading near him, and he moves late which impacts the GKs reaction. You'd be furious if that was given against your side.

As for Blatant trip, no idea what you are seeing. It's the slight touch in the back that he goes over for.

Evan Ferguson though, what a game from him. Love watching Brighton.

Newcastle with 3 losses from 4 after such a good start against Villa.

Tonali dropped another really average game too.

Chelsea's game was summed up by that Jackson miss. Hillarious.

Akanji is offside, the ball heading near him, and he moves late which impacts the GKs reaction. You'd be furious if that was given against your side.

As for Blatant trip, no idea what you are seeing. It's the slight touch in the back that he goes over for.

I know exactly what the comments in this thread would be if it was United that got that penalty.

I think that gif should be directed at the people who actually believe we’ve got the VAR in our pocket.

English football fans dont believe United have VAR in their pockets. They believe, rightly so, that there is a " big 6 " bias.

Nice to see Haaland being honest about the decision. Its as dumb as the one in the United Citeh game last year.

Not quite the same thing. January is mid-season, completely different context to any sort of sale. Caicedo never went on strike back then, he simply made a few posts about wanting to play for Arsenal. He even then agreed a new contract. At the beginning of this window Brighton were saying he wasn't for sale but everyone knew Brighton had made a hand-shake deal with him.

They tried to get him back for this pre-season, that's when Chelsea got in his ear and he went on strike.

$40mil pound is what we were looking at (sorry it was actually $44). I didn't realize it even was a release clause View attachment 23834

About the last point, I am yet to see any Brighton or Fiorentina fan blow up about their players who have done the exact same thing. It's a very normal occurrence these days in football - again, there is a strong possibility he doesn't get the transfer if he doesn't force it.

I doubt you are on the pulse with what Brighton or Fiorentina fans are thinking.

That release clause is also just speculation.

I doubt you are on the pulse with what Brighton or Fiorentina fans are thinking.

That release clause is also just speculation.
Sorry, just a different perspective. We can agree to disagree at the end of the day they're both just opinions

I'd probably be annoyed but we have conceded those goals too. I don't think it impacts the GK at all. Personal opinion, he moves very late.

As for the second one, you're acknowledging there is contact - that's all there needs to be when a player is running at full pace. He makes the most of it and we can agree it soft but I don't think for a minute it's the wrong decision.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Xzei
  • mrslong
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Gaz
  • winslow_wong
  • Evander
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • NYCDB
  • Fatboy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Lurker
  • RolledOates
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.