FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Frustrating part is United haven't played that badly, they have been creating chances but still they found a way to concede.

Missed the game as I was at a wedding. Half saw United getting wrecked while I was playing 3 card at the star. What's doing United fans? Ten hag another false dawn?

How about Tottenham, win the game 2-1, the first of those goals coming 8 minutes into stoppage time.

The score checking, optus sport mini watching bregade out in force.

Wolves should have been up 3-0 at HT in our game.

We really weren't at the races but Klopp recognised it at half time. The subs really helped us gain control, Salah was his usual self and Robbo was brilliant. Best game he's played in about 2 seasons. Gomez still a massive liability but he grew into the game while Quansah was great for a 20yo in his first start. Mac Allister had one of the worst games I have seen him play in the prem.

Was an entertaining game and very happy with the 3 points, albeit quite an ugly performance. Can't wait until we have VVD, Konate, Thiago and TAA back starting.. although at this rate who knows if all 4 will ever get on the pitch together again.

Which game are you referring to?

Wolves should have been up 3-0 at HT in our game.

We really weren't at the races but Klopp recognised it at half time. The subs really helped us get control. Gomez still a massive liability but he grew into the game. Quansah was great for a 20yo in his first start. Mac Allister had one of the worst games I have seen him play in the prem.

Was an entertaining game and very happy with the 3 points, albeit quite an ugly performance. Can't wait until we have VVD, Konate, Thiago and TAA back starting.. although at this rate who knows if all 4 will ever get on the pitch together again.

Which game are you referring to?
Macca showing us what travelling around the world in a few days will do to you.

Second half was so much better than the first. Diaz and Nunez made a huge difference.

Macca showing us what travelling around the world in a few days will do to you.

Second half was so much better than the first. Diaz and Nunez made a huge difference.
Hindsight of course to say now but Endo should have been the DM.

I wonder how long until we see Gravenberch. Agree Nunez and Diaz were huge

I just realised this comment may have been United related.

Genuine question, do you think the football United are playing now is any better than the football that was being played under Ole?

It was related to United. The shit I've seen today is ridiculous. Fine margins are costing us atm, along with injuries which is destroying the midfield balance and makeup of the team. Liverpool struggled with injuries for large parts of last season too, the end of season run of results has people forgetting that.

Something goes wrong, teams heads drop and they go to shit. At Arsenal its the offside goal, today is was the Brighton goal after a very good opening 20. They drag themselves back in, and then it happens again after the disallowed Hojlund goal.

First 20 mins today, yes that's better than at any period under Ole. As I've said before, Ole's tenure was an easier period due to no fans for a large portion of it. The players faced less scrutiny.

There is too many of the team that are of a weak resillience. Couple that with players like Martinez and Casemiro having very ordinary starts to the season, and already having come up against some good sides. We've deserved the losses well and truly. But for people to suggest the man who took Ajax to the UCL semi's is the problem is nuts. He is trying to drive a culture and style at the club, and unfortunately for him some players we currently have just are not capable, yet he is stuck with them. Its easy to just shit on them atm with so many injuries and having to play people he wanted to sell, but we've got to keep pushing ahead.

He is easily the best 'coach/manager' we've had since Jose though.

Arsenal getting to where they are with Arteta didn't happen quickly. Liverpool went years and years without being a proper challenger and combining good results with good football. This was with a few managers who each had their own 'better' year before they were moved on as well.

It's just going to take time and the running of the club is not helping.

It was related to United. The shit I've seen today is ridiculous. Fine margins are costing us atm, along with injuries which is destroying the midfield balance and makeup of the team. Liverpool struggled with injuries for large parts of last season too, the end of season run of results has people forgetting that.

Something goes wrong, teams heads drop and they go to shit. At Arsenal its the offside goal, today is was the Brighton goal after a very good opening 20. They drag themselves back in, and then it happens again after the disallowed Hojlund goal.

First 20 mins today, yes that's better than at any period under Ole. As I've said before, Ole's tenure was an easier period due to no fans for a large portion of it. The players faced less scrutiny.

There is too many of the team that are of a weak resillience. Couple that with players like Martinez and Casemiro having very ordinary starts to the season, and already having come up against some good sides. We've deserved the losses well and truly. But for people to suggest the man who took Ajax to the UCL semi's is the problem is nuts. He is trying to drive a culture and style at the club, and unfortunately for him some players we currently have just are not capable, yet he is stuck with them. Its easy to just shit on them atm with so many injuries and having to play people he wanted to sell, but we've got to keep pushing ahead.

He is easily the best 'coach/manager' we've had since Jose though.

Arsenal getting to where they are with Arteta didn't happen quickly. Liverpool went years and years without being a proper challenger and combining good results with good football. This was with a few managers who each had their own 'better' year before they were moved on as well.

It's just going to take time and the running of the club is not helping.
Fair enough, I think you've got to back him but where he's fallen short and where he deserves to be criticized so far this season is the tactical decisions. There's no way any United team should be conceding the bulk of possession at home to Brighton. I think he's gotten it wrong in terms of trying to become this counter-attacking transition team. I can't see it being a style of play that is ever going to get United competing for the big trophies again.

Injuries have most certainly not helped and I totally get the personnel he's got available as depth are largely options he wanted to sell. Some of that blame definitely falls on the club and the contracts that were thrown around before he joined.

There's only so long he can run on the credit of what he did at Ajax. He's made some great decisions off the field in how he handled Ronaldo and Sancho - I just think the football has to improve irrespective of the players he has available to him. Ultimately, they are still good enough to beat most prem sides.

You only have to look as far as Spurs to see an example of a manager imprinting a philosophy and getting players and fans on board in a short amount of time despite a huge amount of toxicity surrounding the club and the ownership.

I'm simply of the belief that ETH should be further down the track in developing an identity and sustainable style of play than he currently is, and for that there should be questions asked.

Couple that with players like Martinez and Casemiro having very ordinary starts to the season

Not sure what's going on with Martinez, that injury he suffered last year seems to be playing on his mind a bit.

Those first two goals Brighton scored, last season Martinez would have shut those down but this year he seems to be in two minds whenever the opposition are attacking our goal. It's like he's afraid to play the way that earned him the nickname The Butcher.

Raya seemingly now Arsenal 1st choice GK.

Keen to see how the fans respond to this... were some very pro-Ramsdale supporters last season.

Raya seemingly now Arsenal 1st choice GK.

Keen to see how the fans respond to this... were some very pro-Ramsdale supporters last season.
You reckon he is first choice now or just taking the chance to give Raya a game since Ramsdale played during internationals.

Arteta had been pretty vocal that Ramsdale was #1

You reckon he is first choice now or just taking the chance to give Raya a game since Ramsdale played during internationals.

Arteta had been pretty vocal that Ramsdale was #1
I don't know why else he would make the change for the Everton game.

If its just a matter of giving Raya a run then surely the home game against PSV in UCL would have been the easier fixture to rotate for. I don't buy into their being any sort of rotation policy or a 'need' to give the second choice GK games (outside of the domestic cups).

I can see Ramsdale playing against PSV now - what will be interesting is who gets the Spurs game.

FWIW - I think Raya was bought to be #1 but he wasn't going to upset Ramsdale or the fans early in the season after how he played last year. Pre-IB it made sense to just let Ramsdale stay there for continuity sake. Now that UCL is about to start, I think Ramsdale becomes the UCL/cup GK and Raya will start prem games. I could be very wrong though.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • theshed
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • Waynesaurus
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.