FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
Good win United.
Different result if Everton finish their chances. Jeez they missed a few.

You guys are riding your luck but getting results. That is all that matters at this stage of the season.

I don't see Spurs or Chelsea keeping pace with you guys which only really leaves Villa and Newcastle as your competition for the two free UCL spots.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Different result if Everton finish their chances. Jeez they missed a few.

So did United. Should have ended that game with 5 goals at the least. If they convert all of them, same result.

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
So did United. Should have ended that game with 5 goals at the least. If they convert all of them, same result.

2.2xG and 4 shots on target... '5 goals at least' might be an exaggeration haha

For the record Everton had 6 shots on target and 2.5xG

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I hate to be that guy, but as a Wolves fan its starting to look like there is something corrupt going on with the amount of appalling decisions we are having go against us. Its got to the stage its looks a lot more than bad luck. We are almost getting shafted by VAR every other game, and no amount of Webb and his idiot cronies coming out and apologising for getting it wrong with alarming regularity is going to make up for it.

Its even got to the stage where we are even getting punished now because we have players who have integrity and wont throw themselves to the ground even when they get headbutted, leaving their opponent on the field when he should be red carded. Getting over the game i've loved for years and its all down to what the implementation of VAR has done to the game.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I hate to be that guy, but as a Wolves fan its starting to look like there is something corrupt going on with the amount of appalling decisions we are having go against us. Its got to the stage its looks a lot more than bad luck. We are almost getting shafted by VAR every other game, and no amount of Webb and his idiot cronies coming out and apologising for getting it wrong with alarming regularity is going to make up for it.

Its even got to the stage where we are even getting punished now because we have players who have integrity and wont throw themselves to the ground even when they get headbutted, leaving their opponent on the field when he should be red carded. Getting over the game i've loved for years and its all down to what the implementation of VAR has done to the game.
Looks like the EPL is doubling down on it instead of cutting it back

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018

Your managers interview was one of the best I have ever seen. He handled it with class and got his point across really well. I like him.

I genuinely don't believe its corruption, they are just incredibly incompetent and the process is beyond broken. In any case I don't see the incentive for them to intentional make wrong decisions against Wolves, especially in a game with Fulham which no one really cares about.

Anyway, if you want to feel better about things just go watch the highlights of the United game this morning. Their fans will tell you they are the form team in the prem and flogged Everton on the weekend though.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
Your managers interview was one of the best I have ever seen. He handled it with class and got his point across really well. I like him.

I genuinely don't believe its corruption, they are just incredibly incompetent and the process is beyond broken. In any case I don't see the incentive for them to intentional make wrong decisions against Wolves, especially in a game with Fulham which no one really cares about.

Anyway, if you want to feel better about things just go watch the highlights of the United game this morning. Their fans will tell you they are the form team in the prem and flogged Everton on the weekend though.
Watching the highlights from this morning, and it looks like the United goalie really let them down.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015

I think plenty of Wolves fans care about it and the media is well on board now also. It made the front page of the papers and it was a lead story on most news channels the day after the game, which is pretty unusual for a game between 2 mid table sides. VAR stinks and i think fans of most clubs now realise it, and are sick to death of it.

It all seemed to start with us last season when Lopetegui questioned the officials i think with that goal we had disallowed against Liverpool when apparently, there was no camera angle in the goal area of a top European club to check offside. Ever since then, we have been on the end of an extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions, and they always admit they got it wrong after the fact. Even after the Fulham game they admitted they got 3 decisions wrong ( 1 penalty, and the two players that should have been sent off ). We are probably 7 points minimum worse off than we should be and if we capitalised fully, we would be 2 points off a top 4 spot, which is crazy to think.

If its not corruption, something is very fishy about it. I do believe now we are being targeted to a certain extent.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Looks like the EPL is doubling down on it instead of cutting it back

Fans will stop turning up i reckon. Clubs who win things like City, or the clubs with the glory hunter fan bases like Liverpool and United will be ok, but i can see outside of the top 6-8 clubs fans will lose interest. Its already happening with less fans travelling to away games.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
I think plenty of Wolves fans care about it and the media is well on board now also. It made the front page of the papers and it was a lead story on most news channels the day after the game, which is pretty unusual for a game between 2 mid table sides. VAR stinks and i think fans of most clubs now realise it, and are sick to death of it.

It all seemed to start with us last season when Lopetegui questioned the officials i think with that goal we had disallowed against Liverpool when apparently, there was no camera angle in the goal area of a top European club to check offside. Ever since then, we have been on the end of an extraordinary amount of dodgy decisions, and they always admit they got it wrong after the fact. Even after the Fulham game they admitted they got 3 decisions wrong ( 1 penalty, and the two players that should have been sent off ). We are probably 7 points minimum worse off than we should be and if we capitalised fully, we would be 2 points off a top 4 spot, which is crazy to think.

If its not corruption, something is very fishy about it. I do believe now we are being targeted to a certain extent.
Well hopefully there's no "evening up" in their next game against Arsenal lol

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018

So if I'm reading this right, you think because Lopetegui questioned the officials that Wolves have been targeted ever since?

In theory it makes sense except nearly every single manager has had a go at the officials in recent months. Klopp and Arteta in particular have been really scathing and been punished accordingly (I think the fact no one is allowed to speak out against the rules/process is part of the problem).

If the PGMOL or whoever is out to get you guys I very much doubt it has anything to do with what your manager has said or is saying. They are incompetent and useless and on some sort of crazy ego trip where they believe they are above criticism. It only adds to everyone's frustrations that broadcasters like Sky, including bozo pundits like Neville and Webb, continually defend them too.

I feel for you guys but unfortunately the tribalism in football means we tend to laugh at rival/other clubs misfortune rather than supporting the campaign for justice/change. As a Liverpool fan that was no more evident than after the Spurs game when rival fans were making memes about us/Klopp always sooking instead of acknowledging our protests and requests for audio.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
So if I'm reading this right, you think because Lopetegui questioned the officials that Wolves have been targeted ever since?

In theory it makes sense except nearly every single manager has had a go at the officials in recent months. Klopp and Arteta in particular have been really scathing and been punished accordingly (I think the fact no one is allowed to speak out against the rules/process is part of the problem).

If the PGMOL or whoever is out to get you guys I very much doubt it has anything to do with what your manager has said or is saying. They are incompetent and useless and on some sort of crazy ego trip where they believe they are above criticism. It only adds to everyone's frustrations that broadcasters like Sky, including bozo pundits like Neville and Webb, continually defend them too.

I feel for you guys but unfortunately the tribalism in football means we tend to laugh at rival/other clubs misfortune rather than supporting the campaign for justice/change. As a Liverpool fan that was no more evident than after the Spurs game when rival fans were making memes about us/Klopp always sooking instead of acknowledging our protests and requests for audio.

Yep, i absolutely think this started on a regular basis after Lopetegui game it to PGMOL. The Liverpool one was the incident that kicked it off, he followed it up with another 2 iirc blasts at them reasonably quickly after we got ( surprise , surprise ) another couple of dodgy calls against us that were proved wrong. Our issue is, we dont have the profile of the scumbag six so our complaining carries no weight. If Klopp, Pep or Arteta have a hissy fit about it, its a headline. If Gary O'Neill has a hissy fit about it, its gets very little traction. The only reason it in the UK now is the fact is way beyond the norm for one team to get so many bad calls.

As much as there is tribalism in football, everyone in England is accepting what is happening to us isnt normal and we are getting support from pretty much everywhere over it. I've havent seen a single pundit defend the refs with any of the big decisions that have gone against us tbh. There may have been, but all of the ones i'm watching havent. My Dad was at Arsenal today, they didnt know he was a Wolves fan and he overheard their fans talking in the stadium and in the pub about how hard we have been done and it seems more to it than meets the eye.

There is no doubt they are inept, but its telling it seems to be the sames refs we get dudded by a lot. Salisbury, the bozo Australian ref and especially Attwell always seem to cost us.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Well hopefully there's no "evening up" in their next game against Arsenal lol

No evening up happened, although the refs will probably say it did because they didnt give anything against us.

We had our usual slow start, conceded a couple of goals then just couldnt get any foothold in the game against a top quality side.

Santa

Santa

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jun 30, 2020
No evening up happened, although the refs will probably say it did because they didnt give anything against us.

We had our usual slow start, conceded a couple of goals then just couldnt get any foothold in the game against a top quality side.
It's ok, no shame losing to the eventual champions :)

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • theshed
  • Griffo
  • maximus84
  • Old Mate
  • Viti
  • Bucking Beads
  • bert_lifts
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • broncs30
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Harry Sack
  • thenry
  • Financeguy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 44 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.