FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

That game and those above numbers should be all you ever need as evidence that Ten Hag is a fraud.
secret smell GIF

I still love Nuno. He has just never been the same since covid and particularly what he and the club went through the day Raul had his awful injury. He just lost his spark and passion for the game and i still dont think he has ever got it back. Hopefully the great man can at Forest.

I still love Nuno. He has just never been the same since covid and particularly what he and the club went through the day Raul had his awful injury. He just lost his spark and passion for the game and i still dont think he has ever got it back. Hopefully the great man can at Forest.
Forest looks the right fit, especially given their investment over the last season or so.

Anyone would have struggled at Spurs with that toxic environment post-Mourinho. I'm with you, I hope he does well and proves himself again.

Mighty Reds three points clear. 🥰
Great place to be but navigating the next month without Endo and Salah will be tricky. Fortunately we don't have many league games but we need to keep momentum rolling in the cups. I'm interested to see what role Thiago plays (if any) and when we get Robertson back, we're missing him.

As it stands, City can get to 97 points if they win every remaining game. I'd say anything above 90pts is probably beyond our squad and if they turn into the City we all know then we may just have to concede we've lost to the better team.

If they are anywhere between the 80-90pt range and continue being inconsistent like they have been so far this season, we're a fantastic chance.

I'm nearly certain we're finishing above the rest, including Arsenal.

I'm interested to see what role Thiago plays (if any)
I don't see him playing again, to be honest. It's all very cloak and dagger on that front - we've heard barely anything about what his situation is. It reminds me of when Nathaniel Clyne was 'injured', and the club didn't make one mention of him for a good year or so.

I reckon he'll be off to Saudi Arabia for a tidy pay packet, or even the MLS.

Bit of an ominous sign for the rest of the chasing pack is Liverpool and especially Citeh haven't even hit their straps yet. Both can play much better imo then we have seen. Citeh only being 5 points off top spot with a game in hand after a pretty ordinary first half of the season is a good position for them to be in as they generally finish seasons strongly. De Bruyne is going to make a huge difference for Citeh if he stays fit and if he and Rodri stay on the field i think they will edge out Liverpool. Arsenals chances now depends on if they can bring in some difference makers in January.

Mighty Reds three points clear. 🥰

Good win for Liverpool but I have to say, that was a shameful dive by Jota. He's always been a bit over theatrical with his dives though tbf. Its even more embarrassing VAR fell for it.

I don't see him playing again, to be honest. It's all very cloak and dagger on that front - we've heard barely anything about what his situation is. It reminds me of when Nathaniel Clyne was 'injured', and the club didn't make one mention of him for a good year or so.

I reckon he'll be off to Saudi Arabia for a tidy pay packet, or even the MLS.
99.9% of the time I'd agree but Thiago is a special player.

He's got something no one else in our squad has - the ability to control the tempo of a game. He's also another who has won it all before and knows how to perform in the big games.

I think Klopp would absolutely love to have him fit for 15 games.

Transfer wishlists anyone?
Was keen on a left footed CB who could cover LB but we've just recalled Owen Beck from loan. Apparently he's been alright up in Scotland and will cover LB until our injuries return.

Not sure we need much else. Who is on yours?

Was keen on a left footed CB who could cover LB but we've just recalled Owen Beck from loan. Apparently he's been alright up in Scotland and will cover LB until our injuries return.

Not sure we need much else. Who is on yours?
It appears the Wolves are either going to sign nobody or a cheapish forward. I’m all for cheap or nobody I think European football is a bridge to far for us and you’d want to hope that when you are closer to European football than relegation halfway through you don’t drop so really we are better just not spending much if at all. A bit boring of a wishlist but that’s about all.

Boulaye Dia, Che Adams and Rodrigo Gomes have been the names suggested. Dia seems to have fallen over, Adams I don’t like and Gomes I can’t see being very helpful (young) so it seems a very nothing move. Silva out on loan means we are one more short but may as well just start giving youngster Nathan Fraser some more time and seeing how he progresses.

I’m happy with where we are at in a lot of aspects teams been awesome this year which I had an inkling would happen at the start of the year. Hopefully they continue on in the new year. A tough-ish run for the next little while will be intriguing to see how we cope.

It appears the Wolves are either going to sign nobody or a cheapish forward. I’m all for cheap or nobody I think European football is a bridge to far for us and you’d want to hope that when you are closer to European football than relegation halfway through you don’t drop so really we are better just not spending much if at all. A bit boring of a wishlist but that’s about all.

Boulaye Dia, Che Adams and Rodrigo Gomes have been the names suggested. Dia seems to have fallen over, Adams I don’t like and Gomes I can’t see being very helpful (young) so it seems a very nothing move. Silva out on loan means we are one more short but may as well just start giving youngster Nathan Fraser some more time and seeing how he progresses.

I’m happy with where we are at in a lot of aspects teams been awesome this year which I had an inkling would happen at the start of the year. Hopefully they continue on in the new year. A tough-ish run for the next little while will be intriguing to see how we cope.
Considering how you guys looked in the first 2-3 games of the season I have been quietly impressed. Gary O'Neil is one of the more underrated managers in the league and seems the players have responded to him pretty well, it's certainly not the Wolves squad of a few seasons ago so he's made a decent fist of it and kept you guys out of trouble.

Hwang has been the obvious stand out, as was Neto before the injury. There's always been a player in Cunha so although the stats may not necessarily back it up, I think he's been a net positive for you guys, likewise for Sarabia. Gomes and Lemina have been great in filling the hole left by Neves, although seems Bellegarde hasn't quite kicked on yet - I thought he was brilliant against us and really liked him at Strasbourg.

From the outside looking in, seems as if your transfer strategy is to target fringe players at the bigger European clubs that you can get in for cheap who just need an opportunity to break out or resurrect their careers. Have to say it looks to be working too. Dia is quality and would be a starter, although I don't rate Che Adams in the slightest, don't know much about Gomes.

I would have thought upgrading Dawson would be a priority but you can wait until the summer to do that. There's alot of rumours around Ait-Nouri, so I'm interested to see if you guys hang on to him, he looks destined for bigger things.

We should give you Fabio Carvalho on loan, he's just been recalled from Leipzig and can play anywhere across the front three, just probably not at striker. Portuguese background aside, he fits the mould of the sort of player that would thrive in your system and just needs regular prem football to show his quality.

Considering how you guys looked in the first 2-3 games of the season I have been quietly impressed. Gary O'Neil is one of the more underrated managers in the league and seems the players have responded to him pretty well, it's certainly not the Wolves squad of a few seasons ago so he's made a decent fist of it and kept you guys out of trouble.

Hwang has been the obvious stand out, as was Neto before the injury. There's always been a player in Cunha so although the stats may not necessarily back it up, I think he's been a net positive for you guys, likewise for Sarabia. Gomes and Lemina have been great in filling the hole left by Neves, although seems Bellegarde hasn't quite kicked on yet - I thought he was brilliant against us and really liked him at Strasbourg.

From the outside looking in, seems as if your transfer strategy is to target fringe players at the bigger European clubs that you can get in for cheap who just need an opportunity to break out or resurrect their careers. Have to say it looks to be working too. Dia is quality and would be a starter, although I don't rate Che Adams in the slightest, don't know much about Gomes.

I would have thought upgrading Dawson would be a priority but you can wait until the summer to do that. There's alot of rumours around Ait-Nouri, so I'm interested to see if you guys hang on to him, he looks destined for bigger things.

We should give you Fabio Carvalho on loan, he's just been recalled from Leipzig and can play anywhere across the front three, just probably not at striker. Portuguese background aside, he fits the mould of the sort of player that would thrive in your system and just needs regular prem football to show his quality.
The Ait-Nouri exit rumours have occurred every window since he has arrived, where there is smoke there’s fire but I think that will be a summer move if/when it happens.

Dawson will be a summer issue. Killman, Dawson, Toti, and Bueno at the moment are holding up well has the 3, 4 and 5 at the back versatility as well. Maybe 1 short but still don’t see that being a priority till summer.

There was a few Carvalho rumours in the summer about a loan to Wolves (although unlikely at the time) haven’t really followed him since but it doesn’t seem the loan was all that successful was that a lack of play time issue or he just hasn’t kicked on or a bit of both? Would take him especially considering the Portuguese/Brazilian Premier League environment could make it very comfortable for him. But I just don’t see Liverpool taking that route.

Dia would be the dream signing if we had one. If not him I think we just need to keep funds for a big summer where Ait-Nouri, Podence, Sa, Guedes, Silva (possibly), Sasa (possibly) and Johnny could all move on plus Dawson replacement. Most are on loan or barely utilised now except RAN, Dawson and Sa.

The environment is playing awesome football and seems very happy under O’Neill so I’m very happy. Don’t fix what ain’t broke I say so praying for low risk, seamless business and save the funds for summer when we will need and want them.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Allo
  • Manlyman
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • TimWhatley
  • Waynesaurus
  • Fozz
  • Jazza
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.