FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

99:17 - Manchester United were leading in this game at 99:17, the latest a side has ever led in a Premier League match they’ve gone on to lose.

No doubt they'll up their game for the weekend.

Anthony has to be one of the worst ever signings at a premier league club for the money he cost.

That was worse than the penalty City got at Old Trafford, but of course this one wasn't given.

That was worse than the penalty City got at Old Trafford, but of course this one wasn't given.

Been meaning to ask, where are you guys watching this stuff? I mean it used to be Foxtel...

More points thrown away in a game we were miraculously leading.

Absurd challenge from AWB. (Even though he misses Elliott with the initial challenge). Lost his head completely. No need to slide whatsoever.

We got a real habit of throwing away wins. We really need to upgrade our defenders in the next transfer window. A LB, RB and two CB's. Is it any surprise that we've conceded two penalties in the last games and both of them are from players that aren't LB's? Another midfielder and a striker would be great, as well.

Selling Rashford on top of what we'll get for the next transfer window will free up a bit of a war chest for us to bring in some quality players. Rashford is absolutely taking the piss out there. **** him off.

A draw is better than a loss, I suppose. Liverpool should have put us to the sword. We've just done you a favour Arsenal.

Rashford wasn't alone. Casemiro was absolutely pants. May as well have a witches hat at CDM he got run past that easily.

The extra work Mainoo has to do supporting the attack and then being our CDM as Casa's legs are gone is ridiculous.

Bruno poor again too in the grand scheme of things.

Kambwala was a bright spark.

Need a new fullback, some new cbs, 2x dm's and a backup striker. Never going to happen in 1 window so the football structure above the manager needs to be sorted ASAP so they can get to planning, as there are some very clear outs that need to happen before anything will improve.

Rashford wasn't alone. Casemiro was absolutely pants. May as well have a witches hat at CDM he got run past that easily.

The extra work Mainoo has to do supporting the attack and then being our CDM as Casa's legs are gone is ridiculous.

Need a new fullback, some new cbs, 2x dm's and a backup striker. Never going to happen in 1 window so the football structure above the manager needs to be sorted ASAP so they can get to planning, as there are some very clear outs that need to happen before anything will improve.

The injuries have caught up with Cas. It seems like his mind is already on his nice little retirement package in Saudi Arabia so we should waste no time letting him go when the window opens.

Bruno was poor, but the one thing I'll say about Bruno that I can't say about Rashford is that Bruno actually tries out there. He's always running and trying to spark the team. He makes some bad decisions and sometimes he overcomplicates things instead of keeping it simple, but he at least tries. Rashford can't be fucked half the time.

I'm not sold on Bruno being the 10 moving forward, however. I do think we would need to make the tough call eventually and move him on but I don't see it happening this transfer window.

Kambwala was MOTM for me.

The pace at which things are moving with INEOS when it comes to the changes they want to make is worrying me. It's not happening fast enough. Shit needs to speed up and get done before the next window.

We got a real habit of throwing away wins. We really need to upgrade our defenders in the next transfer window. A LB, RB and two CB's. Is it any surprise that we've conceded two penalties in the last games and both of them are from players that aren't LB's? Another midfielder and a striker would be great, as well.

Selling Rashford on top of what we'll get for the next transfer window will free up a bit of a war chest for us to bring in some quality players. Rashford is absolutely taking the piss out there. **** him off.

A draw is better than a loss, I suppose. Liverpool should have put us to the sword. We've just done you a favour Arsenal.
Man Utd fans talking about it being dropped points is such a weird narrative after being played off the park. Should have been down 3 or 4 goals but for some extremely wasteful finishing. I thought a draw was a lucky result for United.

On our side of things whilst disappointed in a draw I'm fairly confident the other two sides will continue to drop points too. Our issue is mentality and being unable to put teams away. Performance wise, aside from Diaz and Macca our starting midfield and attack were all woeful and lacked composure. That's the exact sort of game that we desperately miss Jota. I nearly threw the remote through the TV when we conceded that first goal, it was so blatantly obvious that we were not in control of that game and Jones should have been on earlier.

Anyway we move on, keen to see Arsenal respond to the pressure now that it's in their hands. I suspect they crumble but I've been wrong about them a few times this season

Teams are going to target us for players i reckon. We have the best young left back in the league by a mile in Ait Nouri. Is pretty common knowledge both him and Neto are on the radar of Citeh and Liverpool, especially if Salah leaves. Gomes is another who's attracting a lot of interest. Semedo was rumoured to be a target for United at the start of this season. Kilman is the one i'm hoping we get rid of personally. Vastly overated, just the type of player United will overpay for 😄

In all seriousness, Ait Nouri, Neto, Gomes and Kilman would have to be realistic targets for United. I just dont think they can afford them.

The injuries have caught up with Cas. It seems like his mind is already on his nice little retirement package in Saudi Arabia so we should waste no time letting him go when the window opens.

Bruno was poor, but the one thing I'll say about Bruno that I can't say about Rashford is that Bruno actually tries out there. He's always running and trying to spark the team. He makes some bad decisions and sometimes he overcomplicates things instead of keeping it simple, but he at least tries. Rashford can't be fucked half the time.

I'm not sold on Bruno being the 10 moving forward, however. I do think we would need to make the tough call eventually and move him on but I don't see it happening this transfer window.

Kambwala was MOTM for me.

The pace at which things are moving with INEOS when it comes to the changes they want to make is worrying me. It's not happening fast enough. Shit needs to speed up and get done before the next window.

Ineos cant really move much quicker than they are. No player in his right mind is going to get into talks with United while the future of the manager is up in the air, plus they arent getting champions league football so thats going to hit them hard when it comes to recruitment as well.

Unless they stump up some big money Ashworth cant join United until 2026, and the blood money of the Newcastle owners will keep him on gardening leave until United pay up.

I'm just not seeing how they can move forward at all until they get clarity on both Ashworth and what competitions they are playing in next season.

Teams are going to target us for players i reckon. We have the best young left back in the league by a mile in Ait Nouri. Is pretty common knowledge both him and Neto are on the radar of Citeh and Liverpool, especially if Salah leaves. Gomes is another who's attracting a lot of interest. Semedo was rumoured to be a target for United at the start of this season. Kilman is the one i'm hoping we get rid of personally. Vastly overated, just the type of player United will overpay for 😄

In all seriousness, Ait Nouri, Neto, Gomes and Kilman would have to be realistic targets for United. I just dont think they can afford them.
Does Destiny Udogie play basketball? haha that Ait-Nouri take is a bad one.

I don't think we'd go near Neto with his injury record, great player but I'd be extremely disappointed if he was our Salah replacement. I think we can do much better.

Gomes is the one I want but not sure where he would fit into our system if Amorim comes in. We're long term admirers of him though so I wouldn't be shocked if we try that.

Does Destiny Udogie play basketball? haha that Ait-Nouri take is a bad one.

I don't think we'd go near Neto with his injury record, great player but I'd be extremely disappointed if he was our Salah replacement. I think we can do much better.

Gomes is the one I want but not sure where he would fit into our system if Amorim comes in. We're long term admirers of him though so I wouldn't be shocked if we try that.
I think yours is a take coming from somebody who doesnt watch us that often. Ait Nouri is so much better than Udogie. He's apparently Klopps number one reccomendation for Liverpool to sign. I've got no doubt he will end up joining a really big club. He's just got everything you want in a modern full back.

Neto being injury prone is a bit of a myth as well. Apart from this season, the injuries that kept him out were his freak knee cap injury, which we compounded by leaving him on the pitch with when he should have been taken off, and his other serious injury was caused by a bad tackle on his ankle a few years ago at West Ham. We didnt really look after him the best tbh. Even this season, his two hamstring injuries this season have basically been caused by us overplaying him because we just dont have any other options. O'Neill admitted he left him on the field against United after he felt his hamstring go and then kept playing him. Its just mismangment by us with him really, he wont be playing as much football at Citeh next season. I dont doubt though its going to affect the fee we get.

I think yours is a take coming from somebody who doesnt watch us that often. Ait Nouri is so much better than Udogie. He's apparently Klopps number one reccomendation for Liverpool to sign. I've got no doubt he will end up joining a really big club. He's just got everything you want in a modern full back.

Neto being injury prone is a bit of a myth as well. Apart from this season, the injuries that kept him out were his freak knee cap injury, which we compounded by leaving him on the pitch with when he should have been taken off, and his other serious injury was caused by a bad tackle on his ankle a few years ago at West Ham. We didnt really look after him the best tbh. Even this season, his two hamstring injuries this season have basically been caused by us overplaying him because we just dont have any other options. O'Neill admitted he left him on the field against United after he felt his hamstring go and then kept playing him. Its just mismangment by us with him really, he wont be playing as much football at Citeh next season. I dont doubt though its going to affect the fee we get.
I have seen a fair bit of him actually and I do rate him, I just think Udogie is better and the consensus among most prem fans is the same. Maybe you're right and he's better than Udogie, but sweeping statements like he's the 'best young LB in the league by a mile' take away the validity of your argument.

Myth or not, Neto is 24yo and this is his injury record over the last few seasons:

Maybe a big club takes a gamble on him knowing he'll miss 2 months of the season if they're lucky. The quality is absolutely there so we will have to wait and see.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • tajhay
  • Skathen
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • BroncosAlways
  • RolledOates
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Swordfish
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • mitch222
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.