FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

I have seen a fair bit of him actually and I do rate him, I just think Udogie is better and the consensus among most prem fans is the same. Maybe you're right and he's better than Udogie, but sweeping statements like he's the 'best young LB in the league by a mile' take away the validity of your argument.

Myth or not, Neto is 24yo and this is his injury record over the last few seasons:

View attachment 27059

Maybe a big club takes a gamble on him knowing he'll miss 2 months of the season if they're lucky. The quality is absolutely there so we will have to wait and see.

I'd like to see where you get your information from that most premier league fans rate Udogie higher than Ait Nouri. You talk about sweeping statements, thats a much bigger one because no way would you have that kind of information unless you read every fan forum or message board of every single club ( and plenty have multiple ) and have polled them all. I'll stand by what i said, and i'm 100% confident he's going to be a superstar. I see a lot of Bale in him tbh, but he's a better defender and probably more skillful. He needs to get Bales directness to move up another gear.

As for Neto, you have just proved my point. He got 2 bad injuries that would have taken out any player through no fault of their own ( bad tackles, hardly proof of being injury prone ), then he has been basically run into the ground because our squad is paper thin. Its no coincidence all our forwards have gone down with the same hamstring injuries. Its not like he's constantly got injured by his body breaking down because he is injury prone. When he is at Citeh, he isnt going to be playing 90 mins at full pelt every week like he has to at Wolves. His game time will be managed much better. He's just worn out at Wolves and we simply didnt manage him the right way after his first injury. You dont mess around with hamstring injuries and we stupidly did.

I'd like to see where you get your information from that most premier league fans rate Udogie higher than Ait Nouri. You talk about sweeping statements, thats a much bigger one because no way would you have that kind of information unless you read every fan forum or message board of every single club ( and plenty have multiple ) and have polled them all. I'll stand by what i said, and i'm 100% confident he's going to be a superstar. I see a lot of Bale in him tbh, but he's a better defender and probably more skillful. He needs to get Bales directness to move up another gear.

As for Neto, you have just proved my point. He got 2 bad injuries that would have taken out any player through no fault of their own ( bad tackles, hardly proof of being injury prone ), then he has been basically run into the ground because our squad is paper thin. Its no coincidence all our forwards have gone down with the same hamstring injuries. Its not like he's constantly got injured by his body breaking down because he is injury prone. When he is at Citeh, he isnt going to be playing 90 mins at full pelt every week like he has to at Wolves. His game time will be managed much better. He's just worn out at Wolves and we simply didnt manage him the right way after his first injury. You dont mess around with hamstring injuries and we stupidly did.

Four Four Two: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...laba-ben-chilwell-andrew-robertson-jordi-alba

Squawka: https://www.squawka.com/en/best-premier-league-left-backs-now-2024/

Give Me Sport: https://www.givemesport.com/top-10-premier-league-left-backs-ranked/

Interesting Football: https://interestingfootball.com/top-10-best-left-backs-in-premier-league/

There's a couple reputable sources that have Udogie in the short list, not just for young LB but one of the best LB's in the world. I am by no means saying he's that (I'm not even a Spurs fan so I have no dog in this fight) but I would challenge you to find a single reputable football publication that has Ait-Nouri above Udogie. I haven't polled every single fan but my statement was a reflection of what is generally common knowledge, at best your opinion is in the minority.

I get that you rate your own player and there's tribalism with wanting the best young talents etc. but surely you see your bias here?

Four Four Two: https://www.fourfourtwo.com/feature...laba-ben-chilwell-andrew-robertson-jordi-alba

Squawka: https://www.squawka.com/en/best-premier-league-left-backs-now-2024/

Give Me Sport: https://www.givemesport.com/top-10-premier-league-left-backs-ranked/

Interesting Football: https://interestingfootball.com/top-10-best-left-backs-in-premier-league/

There's a couple reputable sources that have Udogie in the short list, not just for young LB but one of the best LB's in the world. I am by no means saying he's that (I'm not even a Spurs fan so I have no dog in this fight) but I would challenge you to find a single reputable football publication that has Ait-Nouri above Udogie. I haven't polled every single fan but my statement was a reflection of what is generally common knowledge, at best your opinion is in the minority.

I get that you rate your own player and there's tribalism with wanting the best young talents etc. but surely you see your bias here?

Nope, no bias at all. If i had bias then i'd be following the media sheep and saying how good Max Kilman is when he actually isnt, or raving how good Hwang is as a player when he isnt just because he had a bit of a hot streak. I just know a good player when i see them, and Rayan is exceptional.

You have a very low bar of whats reputable. They are some sketchy articles. One even has Ben Chilwell in there and he's been bang average for Chelsea and England this season. One article basically just picks players from London clubs pretty much, another one picks a player in their top ten who has played 5 games this season. FourFourTwo is pretty much the only one there with a half decent reputation. A lot of these articles are just uneducated resources that dont do their homework barring FourFourTwo. Plenty of media dont really look outside london or the big boys. Plenty of quality players on lists like this that never get mentioned.

You did say though the consensus was from Premier league fans, not media. Like i said, there is simply no way you or anyone for that matter interact with enough fans to make a statement like that. I still talk to lots of fans who actually go to games in England and i still couldnt make a statement like that, although my scouser mates want to see Rayan at Anfield.

We will have to revist this in a couple of years time, then you can tell me i'm right 😄

Nope, no bias at all. If i had bias then i'd be following the media sheep and saying how good Max Kilman is when he actually isnt, or raving how good Hwang is as a player when he isnt just because he had a bit of a hot streak. I just know a good player when i see them, and Rayan is exceptional.

You have a very low bar of whats reputable. They are some sketchy articles. One even has Ben Chilwell in there and he's been bang average for Chelsea and England this season. One article basically just picks players from London clubs pretty much, another one picks a player in their top ten who has played 5 games this season. FourFourTwo is pretty much the only one there with a half decent reputation. A lot of these articles are just uneducated resources that dont do their homework barring FourFourTwo. Plenty of media dont really look outside london or the big boys. Plenty of quality players on lists like this that never get mentioned.

You did say though the consensus was from Premier league fans, not media. Like i said, there is simply no way you or anyone for that matter interact with enough fans to make a statement like that. I still talk to lots of fans who actually go to games in England and i still couldnt make a statement like that, although my scouser mates want to see Rayan at Anfield.

We will have to revist this in a couple of years time, then you can tell me i'm right 😄

End of the day it's just two opinions, yours is that he's the best young LB in the prem by a mile, mine is that your statement was bs. He may even be better than Udogie but that's not really the point, you put too much dip on the chip.

I've shared articles and reputable sources that support my view, you haven't been able to produce a single one. That's the only difference really. Ultimately I'm not really bothered because Gomez and Robbo are better than both :embarrased:

Happy to revisit this in a few years, if he ever becomes an LFC player I'll support him regardless

Everton copped another two point deduction last night. Meanwhile nothing to see at City & Chelsea it seems

Best in the league behaviour.

@Santa here and ready whenever you want to start mourning.

We can embrace it together :rofl

@Santa here and ready whenever you want to start mourning.

We can embrace it together :rofl
Yea I dont wanna talk about it lol

Pretty much threw it away. First the Broncos and now this. Failing right near the end :(

I haven't paid attention to the champions league for a few years but I seen the results yesterday, did they scrap the away goal rule?

I haven't paid attention to the champions league for a few years but I seen the results yesterday, did they scrap the away goal rule?
They have yeah.

Whole format of UCL is changing for next season too

Man, Arsenal looked very ordinary against us today. Our team is so decimated with injuries we only had 10 fit players to pick from, and had to take a 15 year old out of science class to be put on the bench ( 100% true story ). 3 points for them is probably more important than the performance.

Man, Arsenal looked very ordinary against us today. Our team is so decimated with injuries we only had 10 fit players to pick from, and had to take a 15 year old out of science class to be put on the bench ( 100% true story ). 3 points for them is probably more important than the performance.
They are on the ropes. It was a shame you guys couldn't put out a stronger side cause you could and should have beaten them.

Likewise for us, I fancy Fulham to get a result provided they can put out some semblance of a decent XI.

They are on the ropes. It was a shame you guys couldn't put out a stronger side cause you could and should have beaten them.

Likewise for us, I fancy Fulham to get a result provided they can put out some semblance of a decent XI.

We just have too many players missing to challenge anyone!

Active Now

• rj9
  • broncsgoat
  • MrTickyMcG
  • maddo
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.