FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

That was a nice goal from Man United.

Good delivery from Fernandez and good finish from Jurado.

I've been liking Hannibal Mejbri in this game.

He's been one of our better players, been good on the ball.

That was some good play from Man United and a great chance right in front for Mount but couldn't get the connection he wanted.

This game is just highlighting how badly we need a genuine striker.

Just needed to take the shot straight away Rashford... That would have been a goal.

There were some encouraging signs against Real Madrid when the first squad was on, but fucking hell we need a striker bad.

Yeah, considering their first goal was well offside and 2nd goal was late when everyone went forward, result doesn't really matter much.

Mainoo injury hurt us bad as it disrupted the midfield.

Need to get a striker in and stop wasting Bruno on the wing as soon as possible. Rashford at striker doesn't work either, gets far more involved off the left.

Hojlund not in Atalanta's starting XI for their friendly against Bournemouth.

Reports coming out it's a done deal.

Here we go!

We finally have a genuine striker. Fee is a bit more than I would have paid, but given the situation Hojlund was probably the best option. We'll see what Benni McCarthy can do with him and to be fair, he's going to have better players feeding him the ball at Man United. Just hopefully the local fans realize there's likely going to be some teething problems and to give the kid some time. The chances of him being an instant success aren't great.

Thats a terrible bit of business for a player who hasnt achieved anything in the game. Massive, massive risk based on potential. Didnt work with Athletico with Felix, and i cant see it working with Hojlund.

Huge waste of money imo. Between him antony and Sancho, you've spent just shy of a quarter of a billion on duds. Eyewatering.

Huge waste of money imo. Between him antony and Sancho, you've spent just shy of a quarter of a billion on duds. Eyewatering.

There is way better value out there. They are just trying to get their version of Haaland. Hojlund is reportedley going to cost with addons about £72 million. Compare that to some of the talent coming out of Argentina. Alvarez, who looks a much better player than Hojlund cost just £14 million. Retegui, who just had a breakout season has moved to Genoa for £12 million or so.

Must admit, i like what Ten Hag is doing at United. He's been smart in the market so far and bought players for his system. This signing is the first head scratcher for me. That kind of money on a player who scored 9 goals last season just seems madness.

Sancho was an Ole signing, he can **** off.

Antony showed a lot of good signs last year. He was a big reason why we didn't completely fall apart at the back end of the season. I wouldn't be writing him off just yet.

The signings Ten Hag has made have been pretty good for us for the most part.

I don’t like that purely because he has achieved **** all. Not the right player for United at this time at all. In saying that from what he has done so far he could be a gem. But I don’t think United are in a position where they should be spending more money on potential they need results and genuine world class players to round out the squad and if that means waiting a bit longer for the ownership to sort itself out than that’s what is required. The reality is 10 goals in all competitions ain’t gonna cut it at United so he has to be on from match day 1.

Disagree a little with comments about better value out there. Clubs see United coming a mile away. It's a monumental gamble though, without question.

Especially if they don't also sign another striker after sales are made. Huge pressure on the kid.

I think this signing would be alot more feasible if you were also getting a Kane or someone with guaranteed goals, and slowly blooding the kid.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Gaz
  • Morkel
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • marw
  • Adammacca
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Pablo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.