FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

Fred is really the only notable left out of the travelling squad.

Maguire, Mctominay, Elanga, Henderson all travelling.

Elanga to Forest gets the here we go. They are also wanting Henderson on loan again.

Apparently close to 15m for Elanga

Man United need to get this shit done and quick.

£86m for Hojlund is a hilariously bad deal. Why would anyone with any sense pay out that kind of money for a player who isnt even that prolific. They are just getting the knock of, worse version of Haaland.

They aren't paying 86m pounds.

Thats what Atalanta are asking. He's still got 4 years on his deal there. United arent getting him cheap. Its pretty common knowledge in England its going to take a fee around that figure to get him out of Italy, especially as PSG have thrown their hat into the ring now Neymar is up for sale.

Not premier league related but the Mbappe situation is fascinating.

Clubs know he is out of contract after this upcoming season and he doesn't want to stay past this season.

PSG obviously though, want to cash out now since he won't sign an extension.

I still think Real Madrid will do a deal to get him this season.

Mbappe hasn't travelled for PSG pre season.

Not premier league related but the Mbappe situation is fascinating.

Clubs know he is out of contract after this upcoming season and he doesn't want to stay past this season.

PSG obviously though, want to cash out now since he won't sign an extension.

I still think Real Madrid will do a deal to get him this season.

Mbappe hasn't travelled for PSG pre season.

Thats Neymar and Mbappe on their way out. Was listening to a podcast about PSG the other day where they want to get away from signing these high earning, big name players like Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. Its not really done them any favours really in terms of doing better in Europe.

Thats Neymar and Mbappe on their way out. Was listening to a podcast about PSG the other day where they want to get away from signing these high earning, big name players like Messi, Neymar and Mbappe. Its not really done them any favours really in terms of doing better in Europe.
Yeah its done them no favours whatsoever. They've walked the league basically without fail but in Europe, have barely troubled.

I think their business (incomings) so far this window back up completely that thought process from your podcast too.

Be interested to see where Neymar ends up too, I think its Madrid only for Mbappe but not many clubs will be willing to pay Neymars wages for his output lately.

Yeah its done them no favours whatsoever. They've walked the league basically without fail but in Europe, have barely troubled.

I think their business (incomings) so far this window back up completely that thought process from your podcast too.

Be interested to see where Neymar ends up too, I think its Madrid only for Mbappe but not many clubs will be willing to pay Neymars wages for his output lately.

If Ten Hag wasnt in charge i reckon Neymar would be exactly the type of signing United would bring in. On his way down, massive fee and overpayed with a questionable attitude. Ten Hag seems to be actually looking at bringing in players that suit his philosophy.

Premier league is going to be interesting this year. Citeh will improve. Arsenal i think will have about the same performance levels this year as well, and as it stands so will Newcastle and United. I think Chelsea and Liverpool will improve a hell of a lot. I reckon Citeh will again be just too good, and we will see Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Citeh, Newcastle and Chelsea fighting it out for the other 3 champions league spots, possibly with Villa and Spurs as outsiders. I dont think United and Newcastle are going to have it as easy securing champions league this year.

If Ten Hag wasnt in charge i reckon Neymar would be exactly the type of signing United would bring in. On his way down, massive fee and overpayed with a questionable attitude. Ten Hag seems to be actually looking at bringing in players that suit his philosophy.

Premier league is going to be interesting this year. Citeh will improve. Arsenal i think will have about the same performance levels this year as well, and as it stands so will Newcastle and United. I think Chelsea and Liverpool will improve a hell of a lot. I reckon Citeh will again be just too good, and we will see Arsenal, United, Liverpool, Citeh, Newcastle and Chelsea fighting it out for the other 3 champions league spots, possibly with Villa and Spurs as outsiders. I dont think United and Newcastle are going to have it as easy securing champions league this year.
Agree 100% in Neymar and previous United managers. Got late window United signing all over it. Glad it looks unlikely, not what is needed in the slightest.

Agree with the other points too. I remember reading that the top leagues will now be 5 spots for UCL, has this been confirmed anywhere yet?

Villa will absolutely be more of a threat. Their business has been great.

Agree 100% in Neymar and previous United managers. Got late window United signing all over it. Glad it looks unlikely, not what is needed in the slightest.

Agree with the other points too. I remember reading that the top leagues will now be 5 spots for UCL, has this been confirmed anywhere yet?

Villa will absolutely be more of a threat. Their business has been great.

I think its still 4 spots for the premier league as it stands. From 2024/25 5 spots will be available but i cant work out the system as it involves coefficients from the top leagues. They are adding another 4 teams to the competition so the places are more than likely going to end up as sides in the qualifying rounds.

Found part of the article I read.

"Two of the extra four spots will go to the leagues with the highest total co-efficient in the preceding season - meaning an extra place for England Spain as things stand."

"One of the remaining spots will go to the team that finishes third in the league with the fifth highest coefficient. That would go to France, where third must currently enter the qualifying rounds.

And the fourth spot is reserved for an extra team from the “champions path” side of the qualifiers."

"If the changes were being implemented next season that would have meant Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League despite their disappointing fifth-placed finish. However, the new rules will only affect next season's final Premier League table, meaning Jurgen Klopp's side will not be in in it next term."

So it sounds possible that it could be top 5 from this coming season get UCL in the Prem

Found part of the article I read.

"Two of the extra four spots will go to the leagues with the highest total co-efficient in the preceding season - meaning an extra place for England Spain as things stand."

"One of the remaining spots will go to the team that finishes third in the league with the fifth highest coefficient. That would go to France, where third must currently enter the qualifying rounds.

And the fourth spot is reserved for an extra team from the “champions path” side of the qualifiers."

"If the changes were being implemented next season that would have meant Liverpool qualifying for the Champions League despite their disappointing fifth-placed finish. However, the new rules will only affect next season's final Premier League table, meaning Jurgen Klopp's side will not be in in it next term."

So it sounds possible that it could be top 5 from this coming season get UCL in the Prem

Makes sense as they are saying the teams will be included for the 2024/25 season. Not sure i'm a fan of it tbh. Just sounds like another way to shoehorn the so called big clubs from the big leagues into the champions league.

Good win this morning over Arsenal in the US for united.

Both goals came from Arsenal errors but were well taken. First Ramsdale really should have saved from distance against a left footed shot from outside the box from Bruno, and 2nd was an over the top ball that Gabriel completely misjudged and Sancho strolled through.

Mainoo well and truly the standout in midfield.

They also did pens despite the 2-0 result on the night, which united won comfortably.

Still need some signings but the team is playing decent football in pre season which is nice.

It's just a pre-season friendly but any time we get a result over Arsenal is a good day.

Mainoo needs to be given more game time this year. I'm liking him more and more.

Absolutely gutted Raul is leaving Wolves. Until that little **** from Arsenal recklessly challenged him and caused his horrible skull fracture he was easily one of the best all round strikers in football anywhere. In his first 2 full seasons at Wolves his stat's were

Played 99
Goals 43
Assists 18

Phenomenal. Losing him and Neves hurts. It's sad for Raul as he's never quite rediscovered his mojo after that head injury

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Aldo
  • Rambstien
  • Shane Tronc
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.