FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

yooo the saudi's are just plundering anything that isn't bolted down.

looks like Hendo and Fabinho will be off there. personally I don't begrudge them leaving for one last mega contract, esp Hendo.

Milinkovic-Savic also joining Al Hilal from Lazio. Putting that into perspective, they have a midfield partnership of Milinkovic-Savic and Neves. Thats actually a midfield, with 2 players in their prime years, pretty much good enough for any top premier league side apart from Citeh. This Saudi market is just madness.

Yeah I saw that yesterday. Pretty much explains everything huh. I guess as he never played for Pool I was more bemused by his downfall than critical, but makes you rethink how you view your own players and their drops in form.

In fact it's quite incredible Dele got as far as he did. I hope he gets the help he needs and can enjoy life - with or without football.

I can remember watching Wolves play MK Dons when we got relegated to league one and he was just outstanding. I was hoping we would sign him after we got promotion to the championship but he went to Spurs and killed it straight away. His rise was only matched by his fall. I'm with you, hope he can just enjoy life again.

Read an article that Atlanta have rejected any player swap deal from Man United and want $85 million for Hojlund.

They can **** right off if that's the valuation they're putting on him.

Read an article that Atlanta have rejected any player swap deal from Man United and want $85 million for Hojlund.

They can **** right off if that's the valuation they're putting on him.
Honestly I don't see the big appeal of Hojlund. He's like a shit version of Haaland from the Serie A. When was the last time a striker from Italy ripped up the PL?

Honestly I don't see the big appeal of Hojlund. He's like a shit version of Haaland from the Serie A. When was the last time a striker from Italy ripped up the PL?

When i saw the hype about him i watched quite a bit of him and he looks pants. Like you say, they want a Haaland clone and Hojlund is the Ali Express version of Erling.

Struggling to think of a striker that came from Italy that did well. Vialli, Ravenelli , Di Canio, Henry, Bergkamp are the only ones who spring to mind. Nobody in recent years.

I'd much prefer Goncalo Ramos but at this point, a striker just needs to come in and as long as its one ETH wants that's just gotta happen.

They also need to hurry up and make some sales. It's certain Henderson and Fred are leaving, get them gone and get a striker in.

I'd much prefer Goncalo Ramos but at this point, a striker just needs to come in and as long as its one ETH wants that's just gotta happen.

They also need to hurry up and make some sales. It's certain Henderson and Fred are leaving, get them gone and get a striker in.

I think the issue United are having is they have a lot of overpaid, underperforming players they want to get rid of, and clubs know they want them off the books so they wont go anywhere near United's asking prices.

I think the issue United are having is they have a lot of overpaid, underperforming players they want to get rid of, and clubs know they want them off the books so they wont go anywhere near United's asking prices.
Oh without question this is exactly what the problem is.

Even the other way. Atalanta know United need a striker and want their striker and United has history overpaying. So they'll slap the high fee on him and see what happens as United get desperate.

Oh without question this is exactly what the problem is.

Even the other way. Atalanta know United need a striker and want their striker and United has history overpaying. So they'll slap the high fee on him and see what happens as United get desperate.

Hopefully the fact that Ten Hag is talking to several other strikers means we're not going to get stupid and overpay for Hojlund.

We're apparently looking into getting Felix. He wants back in the PL after his stint with Chelsea and his club are apparently happy to let him go, I believe there was mention of a potential loan deal. Only way we're going to be able to get him unless this takeover bullshit is concluded.

Atletico would want outrageous money to let Felix leave for good, and as seen last season they'd require a fee even for loan.

Good player on his day no doubt but hope we stay clear and buy a striker to build with.

Onana and Man United have reportedly agreed to terms, now it's just a matter of sorting out the fee.
As someone who has been a big Ajax fan I do rate him well, and can see why Ten Haag went for him, he is turning United into 2019 Ajax but honestly that was a fucken team, De ligt is the crucial piece you would need though, him at united with Ten haag would be the Carrigan of the team.

As someone who has been a big Ajax fan I do rate him well, and can see why Ten Haag went for him, he is turning United into 2019 Ajax but honestly that was a fucken team, De ligt is the crucial piece you would need though, him at united with Ten haag would be the Carrigan of the team.
Frenkie was a huge part of that team playing as they did as well, same as Donny. Such a shame Donny just hasn't been able to kick on at united at all, injuries not helping of course.

But yes, De Ligt is an incredible CB, would be great to try and replace Varane with him when the time comes.

Sunday morning coffee KRO SOTV :-)

Attachments

• 5CEF28FC-67BF-4E1E-8305-1DA911ED7620.jpeg
    5CEF28FC-67BF-4E1E-8305-1DA911ED7620.jpeg
    51.5 KB · Views: 45

Thats going to be an interesting deal to get done. Newcastle and Al Ahli both owned by Saudi's PIF, who as it happens also own another 3 clubs in Saudi besides Al Ahli. If there is no conflict of interest there to get around FFP i dont know where are are going.

Barnes is also a very interesting/odd target.

Active Now

• The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • broncsgoat
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.