FOOTBALL English Premier League 23/24 Discussion

It shouldn't come as a sudden shock when a club puts an above average price tag on a player as important as their striker when it comes to transfers.

It's not like they're going to have 2 or 3 just as good that are waiting in the wings. If you want a good one you're going to have to pay top dollar or better, it's just the way it works. Chelsea tried to get around it, didn't work out for them.

What a job they’ve done at Newcastle. Very impressive, and too big a club to not be challenging. Their supporters are some of the best in the land, respect.

Xavi Simons could be heading to Man United on a loan deal. We're reportedly chasing him.

It's apparently between us and RB Leipzig.

Xavi Simons could be heading to Man United on a loan deal. We're reportedly chasing him.

It's apparently between us and RB Leipzig.
Who is reporting this?

The reports linking to RB are from reputable sources but cannot see anything for the link to United.

Sounds like he is a sure thing for Leipzig.

Who is reporting this?

The reports linking to RB are from reputable sources but cannot see anything for the link to United.

Sounds like he is a sure thing for Leipzig.

A journo in France was reporting it, Loic Tanzi. Whether it’s true or not, it probably isn’t. From the sounds of it RB were always ahead but apparently Man United have made a serious push for him.

I watched a fair bit of Simons last season as i was keeping an eye on how Fabio Silva was getting on at PSV. Very talented, but very lightweight. Cant see him being able to handle premier league footy right now.

Went to the Spurs vs West Ham game tonight here in Perth with my mate who is a Hammers supporter.
It was a good atmosphere and turnout of 45,000.

I decided against wearing my gunners shirt as that could have invited unwanted attention 🤣
20230718 183338

Reports suggest Man United are going to target Kolo Muani over Hojlund due to the fee Atlanta are demanding.

Reports suggest Man United are going to target Kolo Muani over Hojlund due to the fee Atlanta are demanding.
I think that might not be the worst thing to occur to United. Kolo Muani can find the back of the net and I think whilst the upside might be not as high he carries a lot less risk in my opinion. 23 goals and 14 assists across all competitions for Frankfurt last year suggests that their is more to get out of spending big on Kolo Muani up front which is what is required for United.

Remember when people thought Kim Min-Jae was a done deal for United? He's now a Bayern Munich player.

Lack of striker very clear in this pre season game vs Lyon. Few wasted chances without a prominent 9 and wide players wasteful.

This game also saw the return of Jonny Evans.

Simons to RB Leipzig done on loan. No option to buy.

Lack of striker very clear in this pre season game vs Lyon. Few wasted chances without a prominent 9 and wide players wasteful.

This game also saw the return of Jonny Evans.
Stand outs?

Stand outs?
GK Kovar was good on the ball, very progressive type gk. No lack of confidence, played some good passes into defenders under pressure. Think its clear the change in the GK team from top to bottom. Having been on loan playing first team football though, I doubt he wants to stick around as a #2.

Mainoo again for me was solid. Would like to see more of him against better opposition. Carries the ball well and is confident on the ball.

Fernandez at LB I really like. Again, he will need loan spells etc and its only pre season verse average opposition, but he seems comfortable going forward which is nice from a fullback.

Thought all our wide players and Sancho who played up top were wasteful in half 1, Antony missed a great chance, Amad had a good chance saved also and Mount tried but didn't do much. Amad does look lively though.

2nd half with an actual striker in the team, as against Leeds, team looked better.

Gore who came on seems to really enjoy a challenge and he played well. Great cross for Donny to score.

Jurado who is another young Spanish defender also looked good moving forward.

Donny took the goal well, had a good few moments but other than that was kind of quiet.

There is obviously some talent in the ranks but alot of them are going to need first team football to continue to improve.

Id say we'll know alot more about who is liked by ETH for this season by who is picked to Tour the US. Our internationals will all be joining the squad, so the likely to leaves more than likely will not tour.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.