Ennis

Berrigan in his stint at hooker was better than cameron smith.
Not to mention he was given almost equal game time in the tri nations and pushed him out of the starting side in game two, that's how good he was at hooker, one of my all time favorites so sad when he went :(

Berrigan's form in late 2006 was the best of any hooker I've ever seen. He had periods in the centres where he was dominant like that too. Even recall him being a dynamite back rower off the bench in Origin for a couple of games.

Thing with Berro is he plays the same way no matter what the position, and that's unorthodox. So until people work out how to deal with it, he's dynamite. Once they work him out, he's a nuff nuff. Hence why he's gone to England. He's less of a nuff nuff than 99% of players there.

No, you said Berrigan tried too hard. It's different. Just.

Ennis has played well for us this year no doubt, but i believe that Marsh could be just as effective if given the chance

levikade said:
ennis misses too many tackles.. excellent in attack tho

The whole side misses a lot of tackles though, not just Ennis.

Geez - can't our key playmakers - and coaches get together and talk, yell, fire rockets?

Yet again, this is not a proposition from Wittgenstein.

ok statsman, this weeks issue of rugby league week states that ennis misses 7 tackles a game. i didnt believe either, but there ya go

and if the magazine made a typo, 7 missed tackles last game is a tad dismal if u want to read into stats. im just saying subjectively, his defence leaves a little to be desired from a #9.

Lockyer misses more tackles than Ennis. Lockyer is just about the worst front line defender I have ever seen (particularly for someone who isn't that small like a Preston Campbell) he falls off, shirt grabs and misses more than any other Bronco whether the "stats" say it or not.

agreed. but on the topic of ennis, id like a greater defensive quality from a hooker than he offers, regardless of any argument that all his energy or strengths are when he has the ball.

no. i simply provided a stat as you wished. im saying imo over the entire season, focusing on defensive ability alone, that id like a little more defensive nous in a #9 than ennis offers. your points on the defensive abilites of wallace and lockyer are valid, but sticking to the thread title 'ennis' i think itd be swell if he was a tad better in d.

The amount of work that Lockyer gets through in a game he can fall off as many tackles as he wants IMO. When the self centred little toad Ennis has Locky's imput on a game he can afford to miss a few in defence. Lockyer is everywhere in attack and defence for the full 80, while Ennis is only there when there's a chance of him grabbing the ball and going him self.

i wasnt making a point based on that statistic, simply saying i think he misses too many tackles. seeing my posts arent contributing to me obtaining a degree i see little need to support provide sources, after all, this is a forum based on opinion. Anyhow, just for you i whipped up a little stat, albeit based on one game, but supports my claim.

Chumba said:
The amount of work that Lockyer gets through in a game he can fall off as many tackles as he wants IMO. When the self centred little toad Ennis has Locky's imput on a game he can afford to miss a few in defence. Lockyer is everywhere in attack and defence for the full 80, while Ennis is only there when there's a chance of him grabbing the ball and going him self.

Oh I was just saying to the point Ennis misses the most that Lockyer misses more. Would I ever drop Lockyer because of it, of course not. He adds value far far far beyond what he gives away in defense, his defensive flaws can be somewhat smoothed over with minders like TC and as you suggest Ennis missing tackles is worse because he is a hooker and he doesn't contribute in attack (as a team player) to any extent near enough to allow him to miss too many tackles.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Lozza
  • Rookie Alan
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.