Ennis

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Chumba said:
The amount of work that Lockyer gets through in a game he can fall off as many tackles as he wants IMO. When the self centred little toad Ennis has Locky's imput on a game he can afford to miss a few in defence. Lockyer is everywhere in attack and defence for the full 80, while Ennis is only there when there's a chance of him grabbing the ball and going him self.

Oh I was just saying to the point Ennis misses the most that Lockyer misses more. Would I ever drop Lockyer because of it, of course not. He adds value far far far beyond what he gives away in defense, his defensive flaws can be somewhat smoothed over with minders like TC and as you suggest Ennis missing tackles is worse because he is a hooker and he doesn't contribute in attack (as a team player) to any extent near enough to allow him to miss too many tackles.

icon_thumbs_u no worries, I agree icon_smile

Ennis rated 6th in most missed tackles by a hooker so far in 2008.

Friend: 67
Hughes: 64
De Gois: 60
Payne: 44
Buderus: 42
Ennis: 42
Luke: 36
Ballin: 33
Priddis: 32
Henderson: 27
Smith: 27
Farah: 24

That list doesn't exactly measure the tackling ability of a player though. Nathan Friend would attempt more tackles than any other player listed there so he is always going to have more missed tackles against his name.

The Rock said:
Jebadude said:
That list doesn't exactly measure the tackling ability of a player though. Nathan Friend would attempt more tackles than any other player listed there so he is always going to have more missed tackles against his name.

Exactly right.

Ennis would also attempt more tackles than Hughes, De Gois and Payne yet they are still all in front of him.

Exactly right mate. For someone like Friend it makes them look bad for missing more tackles. For someone like Hughes, De Gois and Payne it would make anyone think they attempt more tackles than Ennis, which is false!! I don't think I can think of a worse defensive hooker than Payne - he is truly shight.

Does Linda know that she will forever be number 2 in your life?

Behind Erin Densham?
Oh, you mean Legoman...

Yes;
Shaun
Legoman

Linda.
And Linda, be careful; Rock may ask you if you would like to adopt a child. Be suspicious! He has already got embroided Shennis baby clothes.

The Rock said:
So let's judge these hookers based on being an 80 minute player shall we.

The 80 minute hookers are Friend, Buderus, Payne, Ennis, Smith and Farah.

In order then for the LEAST missed tackles:

1. Farah
2. Smith
3. Ennis
4. Buderus
5. Friend

So in fact, Ennis is one of the better defenders in the comp if you put it in perspective.

But if you look at missed tackles as a percent of overall tackles (a more accurate way of measuring quality of defence) Ennis is actually the worst out of that bunch. [icon_wink

1. Smith - 3.83%
2. Farah - 6.48%
3. Friend - 7.59%
4. Buderus - 8.93%
5. Ennis - 9.11%

96% of people realise that 42% of stats are 75% inaccurate.

Coxy said:
96% of people realise that 42% of stats are 75% inaccurate.
lmao, that just sounds funny when you read it out loud.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Browny
  • Morkel
  • Alec
  • Nerd
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Skathen
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Adammacca
  • Brocko
  • Ras
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.