OFFICIAL Exciting Half Ezra Mam Extends With Broncos

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Mam had the advantage of not playing NRL yet, if he'd played NRL then they would have written about possibly losing him and clubs circling. You can avoid Badel just go to ISC and he will never see you or write about you.
Dude, what are you on about? Andrew Dawson has been spruiking Ezra in the Courier Mail for yonks. Badel covers NRL. So of course he's not interested in the Magpies. Badel is not the only league reporter under that masthead.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Dude, what are you on about? Andrew Dawson has been spruiking Ezra in the Courier Mail for yonks. Badel covers NRL. So of course he's not interested in the Magpies. Badel is not the only league reporter under that masthead.

The question was why hasn’t there been media about Mam being the next new thing- the answer was because Mam hasn’t played NRL or got the attention of Badel.

Dawson writing MM reports for Quest hardly has the same reach as Badel. His column doesn’t go in the paper.

If you’re after next Lockyer headline it has to come from Badel.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I’m not saying this in a bad way, but does anyone else get a bigger version of Milford vibes?
Not really.

He's been getting hyped to buggery over the last year on the back of some decent lower grade games, but he's nowhere near the standard of MIlford when we dished out a million dollars to nab him from the Raiders.

Maybe Tom Dearden vibes, but - it pains me to say - Tom showed more promise, even younger. Everyone thought he'd be the next captain. But it all fell to shit.

Milford was a real livewire. I'm not seeing that in Ezra. Which doesn't mean anything. We'll have to wait and see. Let him find his feet.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Well, I was well aware of him. And I got it from the Courier Mail. So explain that. The Courier Mail is primarily an online publication these days. Subscriptions are somewhere between 2.5-3 million.

View attachment 15735

View attachment 15734

I never said Dawson didn’t write about him. Not sure what you’re on about.

Again- Dawson doesn’t have the same reach as Badel- if you want hype you need Badel.

The answer to the question why didn’t they give him coverage is he didn’t get written up by the big guys.

Dawson doesn’t reach as many people. That’s the answer to no coverage.

Dawson’s write up says he flew under the radar!

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Not really.

He's been getting hyped to buggery over the last year on the back of some decent lower grade games, but he's nowhere near the standard of MIlford when we dished out a million dollars to nab him from the Raiders.

Maybe Tom Dearden vibes, but - it pains me to say - Tom showed more promise, even younger. Everyone thought he'd be the next captain. But it all fell to shit.

Milford was a real livewire. I'm not seeing that in Ezra. Which doesn't mean anything. We'll have to wait and see. Let him find his feet.
There are similarities, he’s also missed a lot of game time. Am I saying for one second he’s of the same talent level, nope. But he sure reminds me of a bigger stronger “probably” less talented milford, Talent doesn’t get you the chocolates though. I look forward to seeing his development

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
I never said Dawson didn’t write about him. Not sure what you’re on about.

Again- Dawson doesn’t have the same reach as Badel- if you want hype you need Badel.

The answer to the question why didn’t they give him coverage is he didn’t get written up by the big guys.

Dawson doesn’t reach as many people. That’s the answer to no coverage.

Dawson’s write up says he flew under the radar!

If this isn't hype, I'd like to see what is. This appeared in the same sports section as Badel, Meyn and Craddock's pieces:

View attachment 15736

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
There are similarities, he’s also missed a lot of game time. Am I saying for one second he’s of the same talent level, nope. But he sure reminds me of a bigger stronger “probably” less talented milford, Talent doesn’t get you the chocolates though. I look forward to seeing his development
Same, he's just about all I'm looking forward to seeing next season. Like I was with Walsh this year, and Dearden the year before. Such is life.

I'd have been really pissed off if he'd have signed with someone else.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Not really.

He’s definitely not on the same level as a young Anthony. Watching him come through Canberra had me positive he was the next greatest thing, I had started gloating about him being a sure thing for a dally m. I couldn’t believe how lucky we were to nab him. Sometimes I wonder if how it all eventuated wasn’t some football god karma for poaching him from Canberra in the fashion that we did.

Mam is nothing like Dearden though. Completely different styles. Not saying Mam will even be better than Tom but they’re apples and oranges.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
If this isn't hype, I'd like to see what is. This appeared in the same sports section as Badel, Meyn and Craddock's pieces:

View attachment 15736

Now compare it to Walker being announced on 360 and Badel writing 45 pieces about him.

Clearly that was what old mate was talking about with his question.

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
I’m not saying this in a bad way, but does anyone else get a bigger version of Milford vibes?
Big time. The Reece Walsh experience probably forced our hand. I bet powers that be ,wish they could have 24 months without vulchers circling. Too much hype.

What a breath of fresh air for a player to bid their time. Learn from Reynolds and earn their place. Now days, everyone with a hint of talent ,wants a phat stacks, mega respect, and a lambo....

When Ronnie Coleman entered the room, everyone said just give him the trophy. He earned that respect. Not saying it's true for this talent, but gee whiz we have been BURNT. I don't know how you deal with the parents, the egos, the player managers...

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
Fantastic news, he'll play next year at some point for sure. Was worried he'd go somewhere else if we tried to keep him on a development contract next year..... Again.

This kid has it, in spades, get excited.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Big time. The Reece Walsh experience probably forced our hand. I bet powers that be ,wish they could have 24 months without vulchers circling. Too much hype.

What a breath of fresh air for a player to bid their time. Learn from Reynolds and earn their place. Now days, everyone with a hint of talent ,wants a phat stacks, mega respect, and a lambo....

When Ronnie Coleman entered the room, everyone said just give him the trophy. He earned that respect. Not saying it's true for this talent, but gee whiz we have been BURNT. I don't know how you deal with the parents, the egos, the player managers...
Ronnie was 34 when he won his first mr Olympia…different sport but I wish there were more parents out there that didn’t blow smoke up their own kids behinds! Truth be told I suspect it’s more to do with the managers. I have a distinct hatred for them, not them personally as they are good at their jobs and i respect the hustle, but what they do to the game and undermine basically everyone and what a coach might be trying to convey to a player to mild them into a player they could be.

shit is toxic, great to see we’re back ahead of the game and attempting to avoid the contract year drama.

Chewed

Chewed

QCup Player
Feb 1, 2017
I think you're being pretty harsh for no reason, these kids have been playing League and Rugby since they where little. Dudes probably been competing for 10 plus years and playing heaps of school, rep etc etc. They have worked for it as hard as anyone.

They deserve their opportunity, what they do with it from there is up to them.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Now compare it to Walker being announced on 360 and Badel writing 45 pieces about him.

Clearly that was what old mate was talking about with his question.
Walker at that stage is where Mam is now - landing an NRL gig. So it's the same. Except Mam's had more press leading up to this than Walker did. Also Walker had shone in an Australian schoolboy's win, which always gets attention. Mam didn't have that.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
He’s definitely not on the same level as a young Anthony. Watching him come through Canberra had me positive he was the next greatest thing, I had started gloating about him being a sure thing for a dally m. I couldn’t believe how lucky we were to nab him. Sometimes I wonder if how it all eventuated wasn’t some football god karma for poaching him from Canberra in the fashion that we did.

Mam is nothing like Dearden though. Completely different styles. Not saying Mam will even be better than Tom but they’re apples and oranges.
Definitely. Milford was the finished package before he entered our radar.

With Dearden, I more meant Dearden was earmarked early on as the future of the Broncos. He was a standout all through schoolboy level, captaining and like Ben Te'o, Adam Reynolds, Ryan James, Jordan Kahu, Payne Haas and David Fifita winning the Peter Sterling Medal. He wasn't a flashy player, but looked like someone who would lead the team around the park and not crack under pressure.

I haven't seen much of Mam, but I haven't seen that. Only that he, too, has been earmarked as the future of the Broncos attack, albeit only for the last 6 months or so. You'd have to be living under a rock as a Broncos fan not to have been aware of him, mostly due to his hat trick against Tweed. But very few have seen him play.

Mam's relative achievements, at this point, lag his hype. He has much to prove yet.

Now we can dissect Blake Mozer. He's the next queued up on the "future of the Broncos" escalator. If the Dolphins or Titans don't nab him.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I have never seen more than a highlight of Ezra, so not going to comment on how he plays or any of that nonsense. I trust that a few of you have and he does sound promising. I am happy to say the least. Mainly as the club has seemed to get ahead of the game and are actually promoting guys the right way. I look forward to seeing Ezra play with on the big stage.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Definitely. Milford was the finished package before he entered our radar.

With Dearden, I more meant Dearden was earmarked early on as the future of the Broncos. He was a standout all through schoolboy level, captaining and like Ben Te'o, Adam Reynolds, Ryan James, Jordan Kahu, Payne Haas and David Fifita winning the Peter Sterling Medal. He wasn't a flashy player, but looked like someone who would lead the team around the park and not crack under pressure.

I haven't seen much of Mam, but I haven't seen that. Only that he, too, has been earmarked as the future of the Broncos attack, albeit only for the last 6 months or so. You'd have to be living under a rock as a Broncos fan not to have been aware of him, mostly due to his hat trick against Tweed. But very few have seen him play.

Mam's relative achievements, at this point, lag his hype. He has much to prove yet.

Now we can dissect Blake Mozer. He's the next queued up on the "future of the Broncos" escalator. If the Dolphins or Titans don't nab him.
I don’t think anyone who has watched him play would say he’s the next big thing. Definitely not as hyped as Dearden, and has nothing on Mozer or even Cobbo as far as exciting prospects go but he’s a talented X factor player who would do a great job slotting in at 5/8 next to a strong organising half if he builds on his short comings. I also think your selling his achievements short if you take into account how little footy was available for him to play over the last few seasons.

I definitely don’t see him as “THE future of the broncos” same as Piakura isn’t THE future but they are exciting talents that hopefully reach there potential and become easy selections to put around a guy like Mozer - who at this stage seems like an out and out marque player if all goes well.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Foordy
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • LittleDavey
  • Rambstien
  • Shane Tronc
  • Seibs
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Morkel
  • Browny
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.