OFFICIAL Exciting Half Ezra Mam Extends With Broncos

L

lachyy

NYC Player
Oct 18, 2021
Fantastic news, could well see him partnering Reynolds in 2023 and beyond, showed huge promise i thought and its good to lock one of these gun young guys down for a change

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
How schweet it is to read about one of our young guns being signed to an extension without all the background noise created by the media. So often we are made to endure needless angst and uncertainty as the media drones on and on about how we are about to lose the next big thing to a rival club.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
How schweet it is to read about one of our young guns being signed to an extension without all the background noise created by the media. So often we are made to endure needless angst and uncertainty as the media drones on and on about how we are about to lose the next big thing to a rival club.

Hopefully Murdoch’s Eye of Sauron is fixated on the Dolphins with the open chequebook + Wayne and the NRL’s need for them to be the shiny new precious and we can instead sneak through some more key signings with Ikin and DD in charge not playing silly buggers and being pushovers like the old administration

Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
This is bigger news then many will appreciate. In the last two years this kid would have been out the back door and gone without our management even catching a whiff of it.

Times have no doubt changed.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
**** yeah! He’s such a fun player to watch.

The idea of the young fellas kicking on and seeing a spine of

1. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds

Makes me that excited. they’ll be inexperienced but no more so than what the titans are trotting out. Hope this spine gets a run in a trial (though I wouldn’t want to rush them into actual first grade).

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Wow, the kid has the things you can't teach. Wheels and balance.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Good reward , few things I liked about his last 12 months.

Mam was injured a lot of 19 and like a lot didn’t play any football in 20 so 21 rolls around and to play MM, Colts and ISC is a great year. He’s still probably 30-40 games behind.

Mam wanted to play MM and his age group and had a great “season.” Souths wanted to get permission to play him at ISC before 18 but he was happy to wait. I like that.

He played ISC on short notice and took up the challenge.

Wanted to play finals when he could have pulled the I’m done card.

James was great for him because it meant he didn’t have to kick which he doesn’t do much of. There is the first thing he has to work on.

Defence is his other issue; against Townsville and Hunters he kept making the same mistake. When Laybutt and Feeney scored he turned in and didn’t get off at all and then repeated it. Two tries through you in a final in 10 minutes is a hard lesson.

Who I think will help him more than anyone is Capewell. Capewell is a great explainer to halves on what and why. He will help his defence and his passing and help him understand the why.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
This is amazing news, he’s got it, whatever it is. As others have said, I could see him getting a go around origin and never being out of first grade again thereafter.

Also, sine he comes into the top 30, I assume we now have only one spot left?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Good signing and he may be closer to playing than people think if he comes up with some really good form in ISC. We just need to let him develop and not push him too much.

Good summary. I also think he’s pretty close already but the good news is with this extension, we definitely don’t need to rush him, can pathway him through strategically and carefully.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
This is amazing news, he’s got it, whatever it is. As others have said, I could see him getting a go around origin and never being out of first grade again thereafter.

Also, sine he comes into the top 30, I assume we now have only one spot left?

the one thing we need to be careful of is to avoid the mistakes we made with Milford. while we have Reynolds that won't be an issue ... it's when he hangs up the boots that is the landmine.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Good reward , few things I liked about his last 12 months.

Mam was injured a lot of 19 and like a lot didn’t play any football in 20 so 21 rolls around and to play MM, Colts and ISC is a great year. He’s still probably 30-40 games behind.

Mam wanted to play MM and his age group and had a great “season.” Souths wanted to get permission to play him at ISC before 18 but he was happy to wait. I like that.

He played ISC on short notice and took up the challenge.

Wanted to play finals when he could have pulled the I’m done card.

James was great for him because it meant he didn’t have to kick which he doesn’t do much of. There is the first thing he has to work on.

Defence is his other issue; against Townsville and Hunters he kept making the same mistake. When Laybutt and Feeney scored he turned in and didn’t get off at all and then repeated it. Two tries through you in a final in 10 minutes is a hard lesson.

Who I think will help him more than anyone is Capewell. Capewell is a great explainer to halves on what and why. He will help his defence and his passing and help him understand the why.
We also have the best kicker in the game to learn off. Hopefully he gets in and does extras with Reynolds and picks his brain then that part of his game will come on in leaps and bounds.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • BroncosAlways
  • Manlyman
  • Broncosarethebest
  • lynx000
  • Griffo
  • TimWhatley
  • leon.bott
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • pennywisealfie
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.