Excuses

I don't think any of those excuses are why we lost. I think it's as simple as we handed them field position and kept giving it to them in the first 20 and defended until we could barely stand. The holes began to form and our attack was nullified. Storm exploit any advantage you give them. Stay the game differently and it would've gone very differently. What we did was akin to giving Usain Bolt a 20m headstart. If you could see an energy tracker / scoreline graph on the cumulative energy of both teams, you would see the scoreline curve upward trend would be directly related to the Broncos energy downward trend. I've played a lot of footy and know how it feels to defend for that long especially against a top side.

Lets put this into prospective then

1/ We had NO halves playing last night (ZERO, NADA, ZILCH)
2/ We have a real 9 being forced to play at 7
3/ We have a proper fullback playing his 4th game at 1 in over 3 years
4/ We had an injured forward playing at centre
5/ We had Bird (nsw/aus centre), Gillett (qld/aus forward), SOS, Dearden and TPJ (x-factor) all out
6/ We have probably the youngest most exciting team in the comp, who have only played a hand full of games
7/ We played the number 1 team in the comp who fielded a full strength team. The same team full of Jnr Broncos rejects that always seem to have a point to prove

And some were expecting us to win?????

We’re lucky we didn’t get smacked by more,

Why did we get rid of the experienced players?????
We moved on some experienced over paid and somewhat overrated players so that we could re-sign some of the younger talent coming through. These released experienced players that some on here are complaining about are where exactly on the ladder?

On a side note, Here’s hoping we can move on from either Macca or Boyd next season (unlikely probability)

Bottom line & as much as this hurts we need to be more patient.

You missed the main excuse, refs were against us all night.

Dearden and SoS sounds like the answer for the halves but it's based on no games together and let's be honest SoS only played one good game thus far as well, both are very premature to get a gadge if that's a good option going forward.

I don't want to throw excuses out there but **** me when was the last time we had a healthy roster for a season??

Milf has missed the last 2-3 preseasons and now right on cue let's bring Dearden in to start missing out on preseasons as well.

He'll be our starting 7 next year and if the scans come back negative he'll be missing till halfway through next year...

Last edited by a moderator:
People need to chill. Although the other night was rubbish, consider this:

Turpin 9, Dearden 7, Milf 6 and one of the new boys at 1.
Seggy flying in at 9 for burst.
Bird, Staggs 3/4
Glenn, Gillo, TPJ and Fifi Back row/edges
Carrigan and Fleg rotating in as they are good young capable players and will be perfect for them to develop.
Hass and Lodge starting Props

That team with the right leadership will upset any team on their day. Milf still cant be his best at 1 because hes wasted as being isolated from the ball too much. License to kill at 6 running, roaming and reacting with the big boys screaming off him like Glenn and Fifi would be brilliant to see.

Last edited:
People need to chill. Although the other night was rubbish, consider this:

Turpin 9, Dearden 7, Milf 6 and one of the new boys at 1.
Seggy flying in at 9 for burst.
Bird, Staggs 3/4
Glenn, Gillo, TPJ and Fifi Back row/edges
Carrigan and Fleg rotating in as they are good young capable players and will be perfect for them to develop.
Hass and Lodge starting Props

That team with the right leadership will upset any team on their day. Milf still cant be his best at 1 because hes wasted as being isolated from the ball too much. License to kill at 6 running, roaming and reacting with the big boys screaming off him like Glenn and Fifi would be brilliant to see.

Milf needs to stay at 1 ...

he had a few positional errors against the Storm, but he can fix those pretty easily with a bit more experience and a decent pre-season at the back.

one thing that he needs to do is a bit more kicking. his bombs can be lethal and has a decent short kick on him as well. he especially needs to step that up while we have non-halves playing in the halves.

he has looked so much more dangerous since he moved to fullback ... and happier as well. that's where he belongs

Out of the 5 guys we have let go, I reckon only Josh McGuire has at least proven he was some sort of a loss. But even then his ill discipline has been atrocious this year and has missed a bit of footy injury wise this season.

Kahu has been rubbish and constantly injured as expected. Good squad player but that’s about it. His output on a game is very minimal.

Roberts is keeping pace with his one good game a month and Su’a has done SFA for Souths.

Nikorima has been good in patches but hasn’t kicked on considering he considers himself an NRL half. And the good he has done with the Warriors has been running the ball in a roving 5/8 role with Blake Green taking up the slack for getting the team around the park. His defense is still garbage.

Get rid of Boyd, Macca and Gillett ASAP to free up around $1.5 million and it’s Hello Irene!

Last edited:
Milf needs to stay at 1 ...

he had a few positional errors against the Storm, but he can fix those pretty easily with a bit more experience and a decent pre-season at the back.

one thing that he needs to do is a bit more kicking. his bombs can be lethal and has a decent short kick on him as well. he especially needs to step that up while we have non-halves playing in the halves.

he has looked so much more dangerous since he moved to fullback ... and happier as well. that's where he belongs

I find this he looks happier stuff hilarious. It’s just a throw away line people use trying to justify their opinions.

He could look fucking miserable at 6 for all I care as long as it’s best for our team, which it is.

I don't want to throw excuses out there but **** me when was the last time we had a healthy roster for a season??

Milf has missed the last 2-3 preseasons and now right on cue let's bring Dearden in to start missing out on preseasons as well.

He'll be our starting 7 next year and if the scans come back negative he'll be missing till halfway through next year...
How many teams in the history of the game have had a healthy roster the entire season? The answer is easy. Injuries are a part of the most physical sport in the world and will always be a factor for every club.

I find this he looks happier stuff hilarious. It’s just a throw away line people use trying to justify their opinions.

He could look fucking miserable at 6 for all I care as long as it’s best for our team, which it is.

no it isn't

no it isn't

So he looked happier when we were winning games against the poorest teams in the competition? Fucking funny that?

Did he look happy on Friday when he was getting pummelled by the storm? Not really...

I think it depends on who we bring in to where milf plays. We need to get a 1 or a 6 similar to milf imo

I'd prefer to see Milf back at 5/8 with a proper halfback alongside him. That way we can either run Bird at the back or maybe there will be a better contender available. Prefer to have a bigger body at fullback.

I think it depends on who we bring in to where milf plays. We need to get a 1 or a 6 similar to milf imo

Imagine if we kept Kodi. He would have been ideal at 6

Broncos: "we're fucked"
Titans: "hold my beer, we got this"

I'd prefer to see Milf back at 5/8 with a proper halfback alongside him. That way we can either run Bird at the back or maybe there will be a better contender available. Prefer to have a bigger body at fullback.

Yeah that’s not a bad idea at all. Boyd can play centre.

Bird could quite easily play 5/8 as well

Imagine if we kept Kodi. He would have been ideal at 6
Yeah have thought that but I think I would go milf 6 kodi 1. Just because of milfs kicking game, although have enjoyed milf at 1.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncsNBundy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.