Exercise: Broncos Cleanout

Re: Excercise: Broncos Cleanout

It means he may as well have not been there.

He also dropped a vital sitter, but then in a rabble, you can't blame Hoffman. I thought he did ok. It's the team ... or rather, the lack of one

At least Hoffman looks enthusiastic !!
His attitude seems excellent....something that doesn't seem to filter through the rest of the side.

Hook built the squad we have so any clean out we have has to include him IMO. This is tough and I hate it. Feels like I support Parra now. I don't want to be a club that chops and changes coaches.

I don't look at it as chopping and changing. It's finding the right one.

Let's just pretend for a moment:

1) Folau
2) Hoffman
3) Reed
4) Hodges
5) Kahu

6) Hunt
7) DCE

8) Hannant
9) McCullough
10) McGuire
11) Glenn
12) Thaiday
13) Parker

14) Granville / Baptiste
15) Gillett
16) Hala
17) Dodds
18) Stagg

Realistically if we can afford a superstar now, then offloading Prince, Wallace, and a few fringe 1st graders would allow is to get another. It's just a matter of active recruitment and not giving up. Like others have said, get their managers on the phone and ask them what it would take.

If there is one strength this club has over many is in it's depth at hooker. The likes of Baptiste and Granville would be regulars if they were apart of any other club - at ours they're lucky to get a game. Even coming through the ranks I can see Cullen potentially forcing his way into first grade while Berrell certainly has promise too.

Again, I don't think it's a slight on anybody that McCullough doesn't play 80. No hooker his age does on a consistent basis and I believe we need to utilise the strength of our roster. With a Granville and Baptiste on the offer - why wouldn't you use their running game off the bench?

To me it's a better option than finding a place for Sanderson, Lui or Slyney.

Fantastic, thought-provoking piece Pete. I think the point you raise regarding our depth in the hooking department is very much valid and also often not spoken about here on this forum. As Pete alludes to guys, it is all too often easy to focus just on what's wrong with something, rather than what's right. It is not all doom and gloom clearly.

Fantastic, thought-provoking piece Pete. I think the point you raise regarding our depth in the hooking department is very much valid and also often not spoken about here on this forum. As Pete alludes to guys, it is all too often easy to focus just on what's wrong with something, rather than what's right. It is not all doom and gloom clearly.
What good is it of having all these good hookers when we have a halfback playing the bench hooker role?

Exactly spwn, we have two quality hookers in qcup playing 2nd fiddle to a half that looks lost.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Painin the Haas
  • barker
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Kev_Guz
  • IceWorks
  • Dazza 92
  • kman
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncomax
  • Brotherdu
  • Stix
  • broncsgoat
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.