PLAYER Ezra Mam

You say you will wait and see, then try to defend him 🙄

I'll stick to what i've said personally. If he's been taking stuff he shouldnt have, then i've got no sympathy at all for him. If it turns out its the uber drivers fault, then same deal for him.

Not defending him anymore than others are condemming him with out the facts related to the matter .

Now if he had a great year would people be so quick to judge him and want him gone ?

He epitomises the general public's view of the team.
Blokes in this team have out of control egos that need pulling into line.
Time the NRL step in and put down some black and white penalties for this type of stuff.
Such as, if the club sacks him he can't play NRL for 2 years.
When it starts hurting the back pocket enough maybe they will honour the responsibility of signing huge contracts.
Unfortunately, the precedent has been set in rugby league that if you're a player of reasonable talent, your off-field indiscretions will be forgiven regardless of how stupid or illegal they may be. Players with far less talent than Ezra have been forgiven for much worse. And that's not me condoning or minimising what he's done - he's a bloody dickhead for getting behind the wheel and is lucky that he didn't seriously hurt or kill himself or others. As a Broncos supporter I'm happy with whatever consequences he has to face both on and off the field.

But I have no doubt that in six months' time, there will be a two page spin piece in the Courier Mail about how this incident helped 'shaped' Ezra into career-best form.

For all their grandstanding about holding players to account and 'drawing a line in the sand', Valandys and Abdo would rather have Ezra on the field making them money than having him sit in the stands.

Not defending him anymore than others are condemming him with out the facts related to the matter .

Now if he had a great year would people be so quick to judge him and want him gone ?
Yes. How does his performance relate, at all, to him putting innocent people, and himself, at real risk?

Most here just are not that shallow.

Also, most fair and balanced people here can see the bigger picture, rather than just a piece or two.

If the facts turn out to be worst case scenario for Ezra .. how do you feel it should be handled?

Do we set the standard now .. or .. just keep on keeping on?

No, my issue isn’t that he has had multiple conduct incidents. My issue is that he has had multiple conduct issues while not providing return on investment.

If he was playing like a million dollars I’d be calling everyone a racist

Unfortunately, the precedent has been set in rugby league that if you're a player of reasonable talent, your off-field indiscretions will be forgiven regardless of how stupid or illegal they may be. Players with far less talent than Ezra have been forgiven for much worse. And that's not me condoning or minimising what he's done - he's a bloody dickhead for getting behind the wheel and is lucky that he didn't seriously hurt or kill himself or others. As a Broncos supporter I'm happy with whatever consequences he has to face both on and off the field.

But I have no doubt that in six months' time, there will be a two page spin piece in the Courier Mail about how this incident helped 'shaped' Ezra into career-best form.

For all their grandstanding about holding players to account and 'drawing a line in the sand', Valandys and Abdo would rather have Ezra on the field making them money than having him sit in the stands.
It shouldn't be left to Vlandy's and Abdo tbh. The Bulldogs are showing Addo-Carr the door, the Broncos can do the same with Mam.

No, my issue isn’t that he has had multiple conduct incidents. My issue is that he has had multiple conduct issues while not providing return on investment.

If he was playing like a million dollars I’d be calling everyone a racist
That`s right !
Could he pull the I have trauma from racist abuse . That`s why I take drugs ? LOL .

Oh ,but he done fcked up . No doubt . But I wanna know WTF he was doing on the wrong side of the road ? Were there phones involved ? I think they are more likely to cause an excursion onto the wrong side of the road than recreational drugs [ at least the ones the cops have tests for ].
And the detail about an intersection . That makes me more curious about the circumstances of him being on the wrong side of the road .

It shouldn't be left to Vlandy's and Abdo tbh. The Bulldogs are showing Addo-Carr the door, the Broncos can do the same with Mam.

Different in that -
Joshie Addo Bra told fibs to Gus ...
As far as we know , no fibs have been told by Ezra .

Specifically

"From being hailed as Brisbane’s next playmaking whizkid, Dearden suddenly fell out of favour with Broncos coach Kevin Walters, who refused to table an offer for the promising playmaker despite a poaching threat from Queensland foes the Cowboys."

And

"But after just 22 NRL games, the Broncos began to lose faith in their young gem. Walters was so unconvinced he showed footage of Dearden to people he trusted in the game and asked them if they could see something special he wasn’t seeing himself."

Walters didn't rate him.
Neither of these quotes are from Walters. A quote that is from Walters though is that he’s the future of our club… Wasn’t Walters who didn’t offer a contract. It’s not his job to. We just weren’t gonna match the 500k cowboys offer for a kid that had shown nothing but Qld cup standard footy.

Yes BUT the NRL have to back the clubs decision by putting rules in place so another club can't take advantage, otherwise what's in it for us.
It's a tricky situation the Broncos are in.
Ezra is a popular member of the squad so, if Madge the noted disciplinarian sacks him, it could cause massive unrest within the group.
At the same time I'm sure the club has had it with this behaviour and desperately want to get these fuckwits into line.
If not now, when? At what point does the need to shape the future of the club override potential and talent.

That`s right !
Could he pull the I have trauma from racist abuse . That`s why I take drugs ? LOL .

Oh ,but he done fcked up . No doubt . But I wanna know WTF he was doing on the wrong side of the road ? Were there phones involved ? I think they are more likely to cause an excursion onto the wrong side of the road than recreational drugs [ at least the ones the cops have tests for ].
And the detail about an intersection . That makes me more curious about the circumstances of him being on the wrong side of the road .
What side of the road do they drive on in Bali? Might be finding it tricky readjusting

Neither of these quotes are from Walters. A quote that is from Walters though is that he’s the future of our club… Wasn’t Walters who didn’t offer a contract. It’s not his job to. We just weren’t gonna match the 500k cowboys offer for a kid that had shown nothing but Qld cup standard footy.
Walters thought he was the future of the club and yet couldn't come up with an offer, any offer, to keep him? OK mate.

I love that some on here are trying to turn this into a whodunnit.

He tested positive to drugs. He crashed into an oncoming car.

It’s more likely than not he is at fault.
Just saw the CCTV footage of Mam's car clearly crossing solid lines into the traffic - the accident isn't shown, but it is quite clear.

Trying to find on twitter now

Just saw the CCTV footage of Mam's car clearly crossing solid lines into the traffic - the accident isn't shown, but it is quite clear.

Trying to find on twitter now
can't edit - it was shown on Sydney 9 news

What side of the road do they drive on in Bali? Might be finding it tricky readjusting
d6ad4db86aa46ff288f716cd1a2dd16c.jpg

Just saw the CCTV footage of Mam's car clearly crossing solid lines into the traffic

Well , well , well .
I was hoping for better news . Your in a whole lotta trouble son . Better get a lawyer , better get a real good one .

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Dexter
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • mitch222
  • Ejbroncos
  • phoenix
  • Harry Sack
  • davidp
  • leon.bott
  • whykickamoocow
  • Bronx48
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.