PLAYER Ezra Mam

Stop being an argumentative twat. Who the **** cares, the Broncos should sack him regardless if it's the board, DD or whatever. It's semantics. Move on.

Ha ha. Grow up kid. Try and educate yourself and see what people roles actually entail before spouting off your dribble.

And as for sacking him, nothing is getting done until the police have finished with this. Again, stop dribbling on and go and educate yourself instead of acting like the spoiled brat you want sacked.

Ha ha. Grow up kid. Try and educate yourself and see what people roles actually entail before spouting off your dribble.

And as for sacking him, nothing is getting done until the police have finished with this. Again, stop dribbling on and go and educate yourself instead of acting like the spoiled brat you want sacked.
OK mate. All good, move on.

Playing devils advocate, sports washing, if Mam had a stellar 24, would we be so outraged?

It's clear that Mam needs guidance.

I remember myself at 22, and shit always seemed to keep happening to me.

Mam has a understandable maturity problem. He likes the perks, but unaware of the responsibilities. Common for sports.

Growing up in the public eye must be rough. The shit I've done, some on record, most not. But always not in the news.

Mam hasn't grasped the idea that he's a public figure, and the optics.

Had a really poor 24. His manager leveraged off the grand final. I'm not happy about the size of the contract and his now known limitations.

Madge is the unknown. Can he save Ezra? If Kevin was coach, they'd be a lot of sports washing.

Do you fire Ezra and his oversized contract, or trust that Reece and Ezra will be the new Walter's Langer dynasty. A lot of asking from 2 dipshits, but here we are.

Can Madge tame talented dipshits?
I'll bet if clubs could withhold a percentage of a players contract each year and pay it quarterly based on not doing stupid shit the behaviour would be exemplary.

I'll bet if clubs could withhold a percentage of a players contract each year and pay it quarterly based on not doing stupid shit the behaviour would be exemplary.
Only way to get something like that in is for it to be a common item in each NRL contract as part of playing in the competition, but it would also have to be accepted by the RLPA... and I very much doubt they would allow something like that to get in.

I daresay player managers would be acting almost as lobbyists for the RLPA at this point... whole contract situation across NRL is absolutely fucked up

Don’t they get paid fortnightly ?

Only way to get something like that in is for it to be a common item in each NRL contract as part of playing in the competition, but it would also have to be accepted by the RLPA... and I very much doubt they would allow something like that to get in.

I daresay player managers would be acting almost as lobbyists for the RLPA at this point... whole contract situation across NRL is absolutely fucked up
Yes, no way it could work because of those reasons just making a point that players would behave if that was the case.

Not in my job description to move on.
The Waterboy GIF

Here is my 2 cents.

We all know how good Mam can be at his best, just look at the 2023 season in particular the GF. (now now one with the exception of Patty was at their best in 2024 ... he also works brilliantly in tandem with Walsh (who played **** all games in 2024).

I would hate for us to sack him now only for him to pop up next season for the Dragons, Roosters Knights etc and carve up making us kick ourself for letting him go.

BHQ would also shift the goal posts and whinge about him being sacked, despite most know seemingly favouring sacking him. 😉

Of course, if he is guilty of this he deserves punishment and a kick up the ass.

given this is his first off field incident (i don't count Bali because that was a nothing story, that even the NRL barely investigated), I would give him the following punishment.

1. Big fine of $25k ... maybe $50k
2. top up any suspension the NRL issues so that he misses at least the first 4 weeks of the new season

I for one would love to see how he goes under Madge. especially when we have our full strength spine back together for more than a week at a time

Yes, no way it could work because of those reasons just making a point that players would behave if that was the case.
Yep agree... I'd say anything that impacts the players financially won't get through the RLPA... byway of player manager lobbyists.

Clint Newton probably getting more paid dinners and night outs than Buzz at this point.

Thought is was every 3 months
Either way, if they breach their contract and have it torn up they lose the balance
Not sure how withholding some of it changes anything
All of their future unpaid salary is withheld by virtue of time anyway

Latest Tele article with a few details paraphrased:

- Madge has vowed to launch a crackdown on player conduct.
- he officially moves to Brisbane on Wednesday and one of his first tasks will be a crisis meeting with Mam.
- will not tolerate any poor behaviour.
- said the club’s image is critical in their quest to break a 19-year premiership drought, have to make sure everyone is involved in taking ownership, right across the club
- off-field stuff is a massive part of it, the actual game is only a small part of what makes the club what it is.
- what we build now is where we want to take the club
- how players are turning up at the club each day is very important, that's part of being a professional rugby league player at this level.

Source: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE170_a&dest=https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/ezra-mam-tests-positive-at-roadside-drug-test-following-car-accident/news-story/81a3e32830fffb96d4df3acea67e5096&memtype=anonymous&mode=premium&v21=ULTRALOW-Segment-1-SCORE

Unread

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Mr Fourex
  • Spooky1013
  • Redfern_1980
  • Kenny powers
  • Dreaglor
  • Spoon
  • Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dexter
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Bronco bob
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.