PLAYER Ezra Mam

Really? Do you have a link? I hadn't heard this.
No link but a friend filled out the survey and was contacted by the club. The person he spoke to thanked him for the response and said 58% of people answered that way.
Also the Courier mail have been running that exact question in a survey and the reaction was North of 60% but that includes non Broncos fans.

CM survey below

What is Michael Maguire's biggest issue at the Broncos?​

Decision on the captaincy
1 %

Winning over the Old Boys
6 %

Addressing the rock star mentality
67 %

Improving the training standards
16 %

Salary cap/roster management
4 %

Football department shake-up
4 %

Other - tell us below in the comments
2 %
10856 votes

Maybe he actually paid for it ... He could certainly afford it with his salary. That photo of him m standing next to the car with a bow doesn't necessarily mean the car was given to him ... I've got a similar photo from when I bought my new car in March.

And even if he did get it because he was a Bronco ... The club themselves couldn't have had anything to do with it, for two reasons. Salary cap and because Ford is a competitor of our major sponsor
I'm fairly sure it's a sponsored car, but if I'm wrong on that oll hold my hands up.

And just because we haven't officially helped him get it, we have plenty of contacts that would have helped him out In the background.

It would depend on the charges, but that would be a big call to make.

They have discretion to do it if the sentence isnt hitting 20yr or whatever, but that's mostly been done for DV, assault cases, etc.

A driving charge might be pretty extreme to do it on.

They didnt enact it for JAC or Trindall and they occurred in season... we havent even started the off season... it could be resolved by the start of the season at which point the sentence could already be handed down.
It would depend on whether the LNP would want to make an example out of him early, if he's found to have a case to answer for after the process has been completed imo.

We we all think he should be sacked now to send a message to the playing group. So there's always a chance politicians may go after him to send a message to the youth of the state.

No link but a friend filled out the survey and was contacted by the club. The person he spoke to thanked him for the response and said 58% of people answered that way.
Also the Courier mail have been running that exact question in a survey and the reaction was North of 60% but that includes non Broncos fans.

CM survey below

What is Michael Maguire's biggest issue at the Broncos?​

Decision on the captaincy
1 %

Winning over the Old Boys
6 %

Addressing the rock star mentality
67 %

Improving the training standards
16 %

Salary cap/roster management
4 %

Football department shake-up
4 %

Other - tell us below in the comments
2 %
10856 votes

Ok cool, so not really any legit source that this is what the players said. Interesting nonetheless, probably skewed by a lot of recency bias too though. All those things are a massive problem.

Ok cool, so not really any legit source that this is what the players said. Interesting nonetheless, probably skewed by a lot of recency bias too though. All those things are a massive problem.
Eh? Never said the players said anything. The members survey. Should have made that clear.

It would depend on whether the LNP would want to make an example out of him early, if he's found to have a case to answer for after the process has been completed imo.

We we all think he should be sacked now to send a message to the playing group. So there's always a chance politicians may go after him to send a message to the youth of the state.
Whats the LNP got to do with it? Typo?

100%, he is gone. If I know anything about Madge's way of doing things, and unless he has mellowed significantly or your Board over-rules him, Ezra will be out the door so fast he won't know what hit him.

Unlike the spineless muppets we have at Souths who keep bending over for Latrell, I believe Brisbane, led by Madge and your CEO, will lead by their actions and say enough is enough. Anybody else who doesn't want to buy in, there's the door fellas. About bloody time clubs like Brisbane and Souths stood up for something and stop letting these entitled brats (Latrell included) carry on thinking they run the joint.
It would be a massive call for Madge to sack him without knowing what Ezra's character and whether this is a once off or going to be a on going problem.
Also getting the playing group on his side and to buy into his way of things could become harder if he cuts Ezra loose as I'd imagine he is a very popular guy in the squad.

He does need to set standards though and the players shouldn't be running things so it will be interesting what happens.

DD may be the one that saves him because because apparently this is out of character for him.

Let's not forget Madge gave Dylan Walker the flick at Souths after he was caught abusing prescription meds.

I think he is a massive chance of being sacked. Somehow I get the feeling the club board and majority owners are fed up and this could be the line in the sand.
Madge was bought on board for more than just being the best available football coach, discipline and professionalism were huge factors.
Given that 60ish % of respondents in the club survey thought getting rid of the rock star attitiude, was the most important thing the club needed to fix, Ezra fucked up at exactly the wrong time.
If we punt him he is about to learn a very very hard and expensive lesson.
I can only hope the second drug test comes back in his favour.
Really? Do you have a link? I hadn't heard this.
This is how newspaper polls work:

1. Story: Broncos brats think they're the Beatles. Madge to the rescue.
2. Poll: what is the Broncos' biggest problem. 1. Topic of story. 2. Some other shit.
3. Poll result: Topic of story (60%) Some other shit (25%). Potatoes. 15%.

DD:

"Ezra is a young man, he's a 21 year old. Unfortunately, in this industry, you need to grow up quickly. That's the price of entry. It's a very privileged role."

Well said…. Now….
What’s your move?! Think carefully, Dave…

The problem with a first and last warning approach is, basically every player will be applicable for it. Hardly a daunting punishment if you know you've got 1 get out of jail free card up your sleeve.

Not saying they should, but sacking him would send shockwaves through the squad. Party time is over *****.

I wonder if they might be working through some things in the background, especially with Hunt. Losing Mam will suck in the long term but bringing in Hunt would certainly soften the blow in the short term.

Let's not forget Madge gave Dylan Walker the flick at Souths after he was caught abusing prescription meds.

EXCLUSIVE: FOOTAGE OF EZRA MAM DRIVING HIS FORD RANGER SHORTLY BEFORE CRASHING ON FRIDAY

drunk leonardo dicaprio GIF

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • Maddy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • Manlyman
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • Locky24
  • Fozz
  • Skathen
  • The True King
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.