PLAYER Ezra Mam

I think this may be one of the reasons why 4 year olds are ment to be in car seats.
Looks as though this kid could of just been in a normal seat but that's only a guess
I don't have kids so don't know the rules around it.

The have to be in child restraint until the age of 7

I wouldn't believe anything on the Dogs forum... They're probably hoping we sack him so they can pounce.

This is kinda why I can't take any other fans opinions/takes seriously on this mess. They don't give 2 shits about the family or the damage Ezra has done. They want us to sack him so their club can pick him up on the cheap.

That's why if it ends up being serious criminal charges I hope the NRL steps in. If he can't play for us he shouldn't be playing for anyone in the short term.

Apparently in taxi's they just have to be in the backseat, assume it may be similar for uber drivers as well.

Does my baby need to travel in a car seat when I’m in a taxi? What about when in a rideshare service like Uber?

In all Australian states and territories except New South Wales, children can travel in a taxi without a child restraint. Babies aged under 12 months must travel in the backseat, be held by an adult, but not share the seatbelt. Children aged one to seven years must sit in the backseat and should use a seatbelt.

Which I think is difficult with Ubers and Cabs yeah?... unsure if there are options to get cabs/Ubers with car seats nowadays or if it could be a legal requirement to just not have them?

Out of interest is the accepted alternative to just be in the mother's lap at that point?

Article to go with it:

EDIT - not sure its been discussed here but did anyone see the Thaiday comments after it all happened. Was all about Mam being young and making mistakes. No thought about the victims of his lunacy. Extremely tone-deaf.

EDIT - not sure its been discussed here but did anyone see the Thaiday comments after it all happened. Was all about Mam being young and making mistakes. No thought about the victims of his lunacy. Extremely tone-deaf.

What do you expect from a big, dumb forward who also got in trouble when he was young?

Have to be, is relative. It's common for taxis and uber drivers to not have restraints. Uber has a deliberate "child seat" option when you book.

Per Qld Transport's Exemptions page I've underlined the pertinent bits. "Have to be", relates to private vehicles (i.e. what you, family or friends drive).

Child restraints are not required on buses, trains or personalised transport services such as taxi, limousine and ride-booking services. Although child restraints are not required in personalised transport services, if you give enough notice you may be able to pre-book these services with a child restraint. Alternatively you can use your own child restraint.

If a child restraint is in the vehicle, the driver is responsible for ensuring the child is properly restrained.

Children less than 1 year old can be held on the lap of someone 16 years or older. Children more than 1 year old and less than 7 years old can be restrained using a seat belt (but must not sit in the front seat if the vehicle has 2 or more rows of seats).

Ultimately, its up to parental good judgement. Clearly she didn't expect to get smashed into, but child seats do protect the child better than seat belts as the positioning of the belts are different on the child's body.

What do you expect from a big, dumb forward who also got in trouble when he was young?
I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable considering Thaiday lost a good mate to suicide, it's more just maybe Thaiday should've declined to comment considering the scrutiny the club and Mam are under at present.

Nothing wrong with supporting a friend, but time and a place.

I don't think what he's saying is unreasonable considering Thaiday lost a good mate to suicide, it's more just maybe Thaiday should've declined to comment considering the scrutiny the club and Mam are under at present.

Nothing wrong with supporting a friend, but time and a place.
And i actually like Thaiday. I just think that his comments were very tone deaf. If you want to comment, sure go for it. But first and foremost it should be the victims. The "young and stupid' line can only be called out so many times. Lines have to be drawn in the sand. It seems Mam learnt nothing after the Bali episodes, and doubt he will learn anything from this either. The checking in to rehab would all just be for optics. He may be a good guy, and he is young and stupid. Fortunately the stupidity didnt cost someone their life.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • phoenix
  • tajhay
  • Redfern_1980
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Johnny92
  • leish107
  • Lurker
  • mitch222
  • Galco
  • Astro
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.