Fan Day!

mck62

BRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Has anyone heard/seen anything about it? I have heard it's this Sunday 22/2, at Red Hill (Broncos)

Usually after the Redneck trial but haven't heard.

Agree Dara Roma Street is stinking hot every year, though parking and transport are probably better than Red Hill. I to take the boys so would love to know if it's this weekend so can make plans.

Hi guys - just phoned the Bronx - the fan day will be on this Sunday at Red Hill from 8-30 to 10-30am. Note the change from the usual Roma Street and that it is morning instead of the stinking hot midday sun!

I heard that it isn't going to be a typical fan day with activities etc. It's just a chance to meet the players and get photos and autographs.

Is any member willing to help me get a jersey signed??? If so id be willing to pay for the service.

Would love to be there myself like i was last year. had a great weekend at the signing then at the dolphins match

Email from the club re details for the weekend as below:

To welcome you to the season, this Sunday 22 February the WOW Brisbane Broncos will be holding a meet and greet session with the 2009 playing squad at the Broncos Leagues Club.

This is a fantastic opportunity to come and meet the players and grab an autograph or photo.

The morning is open for anyone to attend and we’d love to see you here.

WHEN: Sunday 22 February
WHERE: Broncos Leagues Club, Fulcher Rd, Red Hill (the meet and greet will take place outside the training facility at the northern end of the training field.
TIME: 8.30am – 10.30am

The players will be broken up into four groups, with three groups (approx 22 players) issuing autographs at any one time. The groups will rotate with the photograph group at the photograph station every 30 minutes*. One item at a time can be signed at the autographing stations.

*Please be aware that we cannot guarantee which players will be at the autograph/photograph stations when you reach the front of the line.

Well i won't be there as for mine this is just another effort by MY club that shows how little they care about us fans.

In previous years they have mingled, played footy with the kids, done training drills with the kids, sat round and talked to the adults, had stalls to purchase show bags etc etc............this year we will sit at a table and sign one thing only.

Last weekend until it was washed out I was taking Hayden down the coast to the Titans fan day (yes we are only his 2nd team). Their day was 4 hours of entertainment including:
- It's your chance to collect your 2009 Merchandise pack!
- Meet the players and get your autographs before the season kick off.
- Witness a one off opportunity of seeing all four Jetstar Gold Coast Titans Teams line up for a team Photo from under 16's, U19's, NYC, and First Grade.
- Watch the First Grade players train.
- Sponsors giveaways
- Great Prizes
- Titans TV
- Junior Clinics

Seems the Titans know how to look after their fans [icon_thumbs_do

Yep, it's no surprise the Broncos' relationship with the fans is diminishing. Poor CEO and a marketing manager that's been there too long now (as much as I like Marty).

Time to face facts, we're just a source of revenue for them. Nothing more.

El cheapo season tickets FTW!

I agree, it sucks. I have taken my kids to Fan Day every year, but won't be bothering with this one - what a crock. I feel ripped off when I look at what the Titans were offering..... :(

The Rock said:
Nashy said:
That's business.

Yeah and making fans feel welcome and giving fans incentives to visit more games and functions and members of the club is business too. It will equal increased profit. They need to get the balance right.

Heard someone from the Broncos talk about the Fan Day on the radio a few weeks back. They said they were actually changing it so the fans could get more time/contact with players for photos and autographs etc., and were getting rid of a lot of the silly competitions etc. for that reason.

Can't say it bothers me either way though. I've been a fan for 21 years and have never attended the Fan Day! [icon_lol1.

Agree. IMO it's for the kids and I dislike some of the adults that crowd the players during any of these sort of events. Attend by all means if you want, but let it be the kids who get in there and chat to the players, get photos and autographs.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll talk to Mr BB and see if he wants to go. I liked the activities etc that usually go on. I only go for the kids but they're not really into the autograph thing so not sure if it would be worth it. I know they would love to see Locky again but there is no guarantee of that either. Think maybe we should go anyway and take a footy or something. If it gets boring, we can just go - it's not too far.

Dissappointing to hear it's been changed for this year. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway - am hoping to be at the Gabba watching the Bulls whip some Victorian arse. It seems each year the club go a step closer to alienating their fan base. I'm not a customer I'm a fan.

Coxy said:
Agree. IMO it's for the kids and I dislike some of the adults that crowd the players during any of these sort of events. Attend by all means if you want, but let it be the kids who get in there and chat to the players, get photos and autographs.
[icon_confu what adults would care to get a 20 year old blokes signature or whatever? *cough*losers*cough*

bronco_babe77 said:
Thanks for the info guys. I'll talk to Mr BB and see if he wants to go. I liked the activities etc that usually go on. I only go for the kids but they're not really into the autograph thing so not sure if it would be worth it. I know they would love to see Locky again but there is no guarantee of that either. Think maybe we should go anyway and take a footy or something. If it gets boring, we can just go - it's not too far.

Yeah would be good to see locky before he loses all his hair [icon_lol1. [icon_razz1

mrslong said:
Coxy said:
[icon_confu what adults would care to get a 20 year old blokes signature or whatever? *cough*losers*cough*

*cough* Lauren *Cough*

And there's some other non-psycho fans I know that collect autographs too.

Wouldn't mind a few signatures on my 2006 premiership commerative jersey. Still haven't got it framed, dammit!

But the fan day sounds too much bother so screw it.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.