Farah "Smith isn't better than me"

Discussion in 'State of Origin 2014' started by Big Pete, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Broncoman

Broncoman State of Origin Rep

No I'm not saying that at all

Warne was a far better bowler and all round cricketer than MacGill but MacGill was a superb leggie himself and he was very unlucky to emerge the same time Warne did. I have little doubt that if MacGill played in any other era he would've played 100 tests and would've taken tons of wickets. He still played 44 tests and picked up 208 wickets which is great by any standards.

2. Morkel

Morkel

I assume the confusion comes from the below...

3. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

Say what?!?

Smith is superior to farah.

4. animal eater

animal eater QCup Player

If Robbie means that better is having a face that you kinda of want to smack... he is the best.

5. Brett

Brett

Warne will always have "The ball of the century". Smith will always have "8 straight". Farah will always have....?

It's like when people try to compare Lebron to Jordan. Please.

6. broncos4life

A massive nose

Cult3 likes this.
  7. My face when Gallen captains Australia in October and Farah plays 9.

[​IMG]

bb_gun likes this.
  8. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

This deserves re-posting.

9. CaptainHook

CaptainHook NRL Player

This story beggars belief. I can only assume that his comments were taken out of context and used to beat up a story. We are still a week or so away from the game so we have to fill the pages somehow.

If he was quoted accurately and in context then it proves that denial is not just a river in Egypt...

It's time for a reallity check, Robbie:

You have won one series and it's debatable that you outplayed your opposite number in both of those games.

Prior to that, you've been involved in 3-4 series losses and at one stage Michael Ennis was the preferred dummy half. Ennis, FFS!

Smith is just a class above as others have said. Personally, I wouldn't see any shame in being second to a player like Smith.

10. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

Farah is a goose. Smith absolutely shits all over him in every department. **** me, just look at what he does to the forward pack at Melbourne. As soon as they leave them they turn to rubbish. He not only looks like a million bucks but also drags his other team mates to a higher standard. Farah just ball hogs and its always about him. Im surprised his ego didn't push Marshall out the door years ago.

Nashy likes this.
  11. Morkel

Morkel

It's not out of context. The "I have to go out there believing there is no one better than me" is something he's been saying for a good 3 or 4 years now. I'll see if I can dig up some old gems...

12. broncos4life

TBF farah is right, smith isn't better than him. I would say him and Jeremy smith are on par

13. I hope we can put 50 on NSW come game 3.

morethenjack likes this.
  14. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

Farah the fool

15. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    nsw players are unbelievable. they win one freaking series in 9 years and suddenly they are the ducks nuts. god i hope qld give them a supreme hammering in game 3

16. Mister Wright

Mister Wright NRL Player

I also hope we to on another 8 year winning spree. It still wouldn't shut the bastards up, "yeah we won in 2014, we're awesome".

17. Honestly don't have a problem with it. He isn't going to come out and say "Yeah, Cam is just so much better than me..." He's a professional athlete, of course he's going to back himself. Not to mention, it makes it oh so amusing every time Smith is picked ahead of him for rep games and when Smith runs rings around him in the NRL.

If someone like Johns, Sterling etc came out and made the comments, it would be a different story.

18. Morkel

Morkel

Shut up Harry, we're ridiculing someone over here!

Mr Fourex likes this.
  19. Fucken Harry .....:001_rolleyes:

Morkel likes this.
    I don't think it's particularly smart to talk yourself up in the media in the first place but to admit you get offended or upset when you're reminded that you're not as good as the Test Captain is a bit much.

Sooks all the time. Even against the Raiders he made a big song and dance about copping an eye gouge.