Finals Scenario

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Seeing as we are in the 8 on for and against what possible scenarios are there to see us make the 8?
Ie what teams do we want/need to lose to help us?

We need Canberra and the Tigers to keep losing.

Newcastle too

We are in the fortunate position to still control our own destiny, win out and we should qualfiy

The Broncs will win their next two games. When we have made the eight the team pitted against us in the first week will not be happy we made it !!!

The last two games have given me some real hope, I see signs that things are on the improve. Needless to say I am not a good judge ...hard tough games are just what the doctor ordered leading into the semis.

It just isn't right, relying on other results in my opinion. To be a certainty for retaining our spot, we need to win our last two.

making the finals will be a plus for no other reason than to pad the club's impressive record of making the cut ... because they'll be sent packing quick smart ...

If we do make it, we'll likely play Sharks or Cowboys and the fact we we're able to keep up with the big boys(Dogs/Storm) I'm pretty hopeful. But I dont want to get ahead of myself.

Last edited:
IF we win our next two games im confident we can beat any team that finishes 5 - 8.

IF we win that game, then i'm confident, given we would have won 3 in a row, that we can beat whoever lost in week 1 of the finals.

you see what im saying.. all we have to do is beat manly..

I think we can still make it winning one of our last two games. We definitely make it winning the last two. Manly did us a huge favour today. I'd rather us make the finals on our own merits than relying on other sides falling over. I agree with the above posts that we will have some great momentum going into the finals if we can be successful in the final two rounds.

the fact of the matter is if we win both of our last two games we are a chance of a home final by leapfrogging the sharks

the sharks have melbourne away and then the cowboys at home.

imagine that!

im allowed to dream.

Last edited:
the fact of the matter is if we win both of our last two games we are a chance of a home final by leapfrogging the sharks

Pretty sure the Cowboys will prevent that possibility tomorrow night. They have a much better F/A than us.

yeah but cowboys would be 5th and we would be 6th. 6 plays 7 meaning we'd get a home final.

edit: ah u realised :P

imagine that!

im allowed to dream.

its a really nice thought but its not going to happen .. Manly is a tough, mature, battle hardened team, rock solid from 1 to 17 and shifting into 5th gear as september gets nearer ... in other words, they're pretty everything the broncos aren't right now ..

so unless they're contemplating a 'tank' to get a more preferable week one finals matchup, the broncos aren't beating them at brookvale

I would love to play the Sharks in the finals. By far and away the least threatening team out of all the teams in the 8 and they have absolutely nothing to offer in attack. I mean, we haven't been great in that area, but the Sharks are even worse.

its a really nice thought but its not going to happen .. Manly is a tough, mature, battle hardened team, rock solid from 1 to 17 and shifting into 5th gear as september gets nearer

hence the "if". we have alot of motivation to win this week.

but yes, as i said in the build up thread. manly scare me the most, and they look on fire at the moment. any neutral league fan would be stupid to tip the broncs against them, but as a biased fan i will keep hope.

hence the "if". we have alot of motivation to win this week.

but yes, as i said in the build up thread. manly scare me the most, and they look on fire at the moment. any neutral league fan would be stupid to tip the broncs against them, but as a biased fan i will keep hope.

mind you, they've got players dropping like flies at the moment in this game against Newcastle ...

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Aldo
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Santa
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • broncs30
  • Battler
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Organix
  • Sproj
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.