Suncorp Stadium

Friday
Night
19:50

Storm

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can not begin to tell you how nervous I am with each passing day it gets worse.

I’m gonna need some beta blockers.
I take propranalol and it barely keeps my BP/anxiety in check leading into Broncs games.
This shit is banned in competitive sports because it has such a profound calming effect, but it barely touches the sides when facing games like this one coming up.

Sitting through 15 years of floggings and especially being there for that '08 game, the nerves are bad.

I really don't see how people can be so confident that this is a guaranteed win. When Melbourne come up against us, it's personal for them.
Agreed, its the only team i go into games against expecting a loss.
**** i hate the Storm.

I gotta keep my shit in check. No more wishing tackles on Papz knee etc.

Are we not men?
2EA3E0F2 C240 4AFD A926 24EA96CE3292

Interesting to hear all the commentary around the finals in the media today. Basically:

- Panthers will win the whole thing unchallenged
- Storm, Knights and Roosters are locks for prelims
- Broncs, Warriors have done well to make this far but won’t go further
- Sharks and Raiders should forfeit
Yup, stupid drunk fuckers. Who gives a rats ass to their drunkxpert opinion?

Scott Sattler claims several of the playing group said on Thursday night after the game that they would prefer to play Warriors in Week 1.

If that is true, IF, that's not encouraging.
That moron is just rubbing salt on us. Full of shit that idiot.

Confidence is different to guaranteed though. The only people guaranteeing a win are the usual suspects that think we will put 100 on them.

I don't know who you could be talking about.

We’ve got all the talent at every position mostly to beat them. It’s just the belief & will that needs to be mend to overcome the mental side of things. We must go in with full confidence, determination & true grit to smash the cheat grubs. Self belief is the need of the hour.

They can jump in with their ticketed membership, but I'm sure that they'll stay put and wait for their guaranteed home game at some point.
Just on this, if you want to know the arrogance of ‘Storm’ fans, I have already read many a social media or forum post saying that they won’t be coming up for the Broncos game because “I’ll hold off and save my money and just go to the Home GF qualifier in Week 3 after we extend the hoodoo on Friday”

Make of it what you will

Rothfield:

“My mail is that Bellamy wants to reward Nick Meaney for an absolutely outstanding season at Melbourne Storm. Papenhuyzen will be chosen in jersey 14, I know that for a fact. When he comes on, he won’t come on as a half, he won’t come on at fullback. I’m told the plan is to play him as an extra half, they will take probably a lock forward off... he will just be sniffing the football while he’s on the field. It’s sort of unorthodox, but you will see him around every play the ball.”​

Rothfield:

“My mail is that Bellamy wants to reward Nick Meaney for an absolutely outstanding season at Melbourne Storm. Papenhuyzen will be chosen in jersey 14, I know that for a fact. When he comes on, he won’t come on as a half, he won’t come on at fullback. I’m told the plan is to play him as an extra half, they will take probably a lock forward off... he will just be sniffing the football while he’s on the field. It’s sort of unorthodox, but you will see him around every play the ball.”​

When he comes on we need to our forwards to pick him out in the defensive line and run at him all night.

Just on this, if you want to know the arrogance of ‘Storm’ fans, I have already read many a social media or forum post saying that they won’t be coming up for the Broncos game because “I’ll hold off and save my money and just go to the Home GF qualifier in Week 3 after we extend the hoodoo on Friday”

Make of it what you will

Just a putrid and conceited fanbase that matches their ghastly club.

Rothfield:

Let's get Reece doing the same... for 80mins. Along with Mam.

I was actually pretty calm about this game, then I started reading this thread....

Note: Melbourne are the only team we haven't beaten this year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fatboy
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Battler
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • lynx000
  • Galah
  • Strop
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.