Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Now that I've had some time to stew on it...

Whoever our defensive coach is, sack his ass.

Ive looked at our missed tackles all year even on the big games weve won like against the roosters, sharks and rabbitohs we have average 45+ missed tackles a game. Other teams have like 25 or so

We also miss Alex Corvo.

I don't think we did.

As we have seen with the Warriors, he didn't change much there. The problems he solves aren't problems we have.

I don't think we did.

As we have seen with the Warriors, he didn't change much there. The problems he solves aren't problems we have.
Thought the Warriors were a tad slicker with the same coach and addition of Corvo. Luke had leaned off and had his best season for some time. On the other hand we looked buggered more often then not. But I guess that can happen missing so many tackles as much as making them. Being one of the worst defensive sides in the competition and having one of the best coaches just doesn’t add up - perhaps one of those two factors is wrong or so it seems.

I,m not talking about the side that played Manly but the side that played St George would not have beaten any other side in the comp with what they served up last Sunday. Bennetts flair and reputation for preparing final teams has taken a huge hit and one from which I doubt he will recover. By that I mean other teams that were considering taking a punt may well now reconsider. But back to the football, I was at both games and to see the Red V defence rushing up, wave after wave, knocking us over on our side of the ad line time after time and in return our defence waiting and getting hammered where they stood was very disconcerting. Dragons appeared to be able to score at will and they did.
Year after year the sides going into the finals with the best hard hitting defence are the ones that seem make it through.
To say Wayne has lost his touch is not out of the question and must be considered under the circumstances, IMHO.

I don't understand why the broncos don't move up in defence. What's the reasoning behind it?

Lack of confidence more than likely. Could be lack of enthusiasm but in front of 47k fans in a home final does make you wonder. St George were clearly the more enthusiastic of the two - scores aside.

Last edited:
Honestly, I didn't think we were going to win. With all the build up of negative comments about the Dragons I knew they would turn up with something to prove. But I thought it would be close. Bennett teams are all about finals footy, and I was surprised that he didn't have them up for this at all.

They were literally booed coming off the field by their own fans the previous week. They were always going to turn up.

Unless didn’t do due diligence. But that aside the issue wasn’t his missed injury it was he was signed for no good reason then backfired. You pay big $ u need to have a reason or have it pay off big time. Ours was he looks like a good footballer so why not.... who needs a half or hooker when u have a guy who might play lock but never really has....

Also a sin for him to be from NSW and still have friends in NSW...

But you have no evidence for claiming they didn't do due diligence, nor any reason to assume they didn't

Also, as has been said 1000 times, just because the fans don't know what the plan was, doesn't mean there wasn't a plan

Last edited:
Andrew Webster is claiming Bennett sent out a message during the Manly game to stop scoring points so we wouldn't end up in 5th.

I always thought the Warriors would have been better for us.

That is complete bullshit, like an outright lie. If he sent out that message why would Oates go in to score and then everyone celebrate afterwards?

Webster is a disgusting piece of shit.

I need to vent a little and I guess this is the best place for it. I'm probably not as emotional as some others over this loss but I am extremely disappointed, embarrassed and concerned. I think I'm a pretty level headed guy so I'll give my thoughts and opinions about todays game.

I'll tell you exactly why I think today's loss is of extreme concern. The Dragons have been ordinary the last 6 or 7 weeks, below average, losing games by thrashings etc. where as on the other hand, the Broncos, we've been going great guns the last 3 or 4 weeks, beating premiership contenders the Roosters and South's and really going on a roll. Smashing teams. Rolling through them. Scoring tries from all over the field. Confidence at it's absolute peak. We have been basically unstoppable. So, coming up against the Dragons, at our home ground, in an everything to play for elimination final should mean we win pretty convincingly, right?

Wrong.

From the opening kick off, we just didn't and couldn't match the intensity of the Dragons forwards, they were steam rolling us, we had nothing. We lead 10-2 but the very next set we drop the ball and they score and the game was theirs from that point on.

They piled on 48 points on us. At our home ground. In an elimination final. With everything to play for. Think about that. 48 points to 18. They've been horrendous and we've been terrific but yet they not only beat us, they embarrassed us. They annihilated us. They tore us to shreds. We were never in it. It wasn't only a loss. It was a horror show and we were the main event.

I'm sure us, as fans, can accept a loss, I know I can, as long as the team plays with some heart and desire I can accept we can't win every game, it's just not realistic. But, to be beaten the way we were today, in front of our fans, in Sam's final game with everything to play for is a disgrace to what the Brisbane Broncos stand for. It's an embarrassment to the fans. It's a disgrace to the jersey. I know we are getting laughed at.

We have been going downhill every year since 2015 and this loss should spark some sort of change. I'm Wayne's biggest supporter but after today, he really can't blame the board for not wanting to renew his contract for 2020 and beyond. Look at us. We just aren't a top 4 team. Our defense sucks but imo, our biggest weakness is our mentality. We are weak mentally. We can't go with the best teams when they step up in intensity. We just buckle under pressure and we succumb. We basically become their bitch.

This loss is an extrodinary disappointment. It feels like the Griffin era in 2012-2014. I never thought I'd feel that again when Wayne came back but low and behold, it's here. I'm personally embarrassed in the team after today and as a long time supporter am let down by the players in what they dished up to us. Totally and completely unacceptable.

My thoughts exactly, well said. Sam's gone, Sims gone ..thanks for your service. Sorry, but Darius you are not a Captains arsehole, the writing is on the wall and you should be gone . Alex Glen the Moose , Kahu, and even the Milf are all just baggage and an absolute waste of salary cap. Offa , Nicko bench. Build around forwards like Mago and TPJ and Su'a. Put Corey Oats at lock or somewhere with Gillet. Big determined running forwards with ability to unload to a quick edge. Osako great year, For all the reasons above and more an 18 yr old David Faffita was the only one with any real pride in that jersey yesterday . I see macca copping it in here , but he's a toiler and at least he can, FUCKING TACKLE. Wayne may have put a really promising squad together this year, but aside from injuries it looks like its wait and see if it works out for Wayne. Well to me it looks like they play, like they train, it must be a fun run at the park on training days. We may as well have got Hook back! This team and its Coach needs the riot act read to it,and then the new broom sweps clean. The Broncos need a leader or a Captain ,like a mongrel dog needs a hiding .look at melb ,drilled performances , even with new players coming through they still perform to a high standard, because their players and coach expects it ,(And I hate fucking Melbourne}. Ours makes pathetic excuses for it . i'm sick of winning ugly when we do and then coming out and playing champagne football. . Gordon Tallis summing up said yesterday " they don't have the personal."I've loved this game for over 50 years and the Broncos since inception,and to see us go out like this in 2018 in front of THE BRONX NATION at Lang Park , in an elimation Final is just... dog shit. Every fan there should have got a refund. I'll stop with my negativity now, so comment on this post if you want ,I take nothing away from the Dragons , they played with some heart and purpose. Good luck next week ! Go the fucking Broncos 2019

It was a fair question!

...and exactly what did it have to do with the game just played mate.......?

**** all.

After game pressers should be about the game that was just played IMO.

That is complete bullshit, like an outright lie. If he sent out that message why would Oates go in to score and then everyone celebrate afterwards?

Webster is a disgusting piece of shit.

If you read the piece he is 'quoting' Bennett and when I read it Sunday I checked it wasn't misquoted.

After dismissing the Dragons rumours when we spoke earlier this week, Bennett started waxing about how close the season has been with the top eight not decided until the very last play of his side’s win against Manly last Sunday.
Bennett had to send out a message through trainer and former halfback Allan Langer in the final minutes to tell his side to stop scoring points.
Another try would’ve pushed the Broncos into fifth position on points differential, setting up a clash against the Warriors at Suncorp Stadium in the first week of the finals instead of the Dragons.
McGregor might want to mention it to his players before they run out on Sunday. Bennett felt the Dragons would be easier to beat than the Warriors. It's an insult that's largely gone unnoticed this week.
It was also another example of Bennett, still the master manipulator, bending and turning life his way.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/i-...ncos-coach-wayne-bennett-20180908-p502j6.html

Last edited:
We deserved to be in the finals because it's fucking half of the sides in this system, and we were definitely in the top 50%.

That kind of performance deserves to get you knocked out though.

No arguments there.....

But you have no evidence for claiming they didn't do due diligence, nor any reason to assume they didn't

Also, as has been said 1000 times, just because the fans don't know what the plan was, doesn't mean there wasn't a plan
The plan was #6 with Milford at 7

...and exactly what did it have to do with the game just played mate.......?

**** all.

After game pressers should be about the game that was just played IMO.
When a dodgy character appears in the coaches box it has everything to do with the game. I’m not a fan of the salary cap but Gee has most likely been involved in something dodgy. Badel was entitled to ask questions. No one should ever be above questioning.

Souths should be thanking us for playing the Dragons. Now that Widdop cannot play Hunt will be exposed as the fraud that he is.

He barely made a good play and was only good after Widdop created the massive lead.

If only the Warriors were still in but I’m gonna have to go Souths. Melbourne, Rorters, Shark druggies - HELL NO!

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • marw
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bronx48
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • big k
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
  • Shane Tronc
  • lynx000
  • Waynesaurus
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.