Finals Week 1 Discussion

Eat a dick manly. I hope Melbourne cheats lose tomorrow too.

great game, Barba on fire, looked to me DCE milked that obstruction doing a hollywood.. but ahwell Dogs are through, lets HOPE our boys can do the same, and convincingly for once :D

Manly are scum, how did they get away with all that crap in the ruck tonight? Disgraceful, Stewart dead-set clocked Graham with an elbow in the back of the head and of course the commentators rush to his defence. It's messed up.

Sea Eagles got all the rub of the green in that first half but Dogs were just too good.

Losing Lyon was what killed them though. It only gave them one side of the field to play down and made the job far too easy for the Dogs. Shows how fortunate the Dogs are in that sense but y'know, Manly have been so fortunate with injuries it's good to see the shoe finally go on the other foot.

I want another game!

28 errors, 82 missed tackles, 69%/59% completion rate.

One of the worst finals games I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Interested to know what everyone thinks of that obstruction call. I thought it technicially was obstruction because DCE was impeded and Barba goes through the same gap that was produced by DCE being impeded. However, at the try line, Manly had sufficient numbers to make the tackle and didnt (hence poor tackle by Manly), along with the fact that DCE would have never got to make the tackle anyway. So I'm a bit divided on the call, I think technically it was obstruction but common sense indicates it should be a try.

Manly have been so fortunate with injuries it's good to see the shoe finally go on the other foot.

This year? Can't agree with that.
Even in the past they haven't been that lucky, they are no Melbourne. 09 was pretty bad for them.

edit: Why the hell am I defending Manly.

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.