Finals Week 1 Discussion

This year? Can't agree with that.
Even in the past they haven't been that lucky, they are no Melbourne. 09 was pretty bad for them.

edit: Why the hell am I defending Manly.

We all at some point, feel bad for someone we hate.

For the past 7 years they've always been fortunate to arrive with close to their full contingent around finals time. Usually because they don't have to play the bulk of their squads for Origin but that's for another topic.

In 09, the only player they were missing was ol' googly eyes.

This year was easily their worse season in regard to injury and even then they only had 3 players worth a damn suffer lengthy stints on the sideline. Compare it to us or any other team and I'd take their fortune with injuries every day of the week.

Last edited:
Pretty scrappy game tbh. How does G Stewart get away with so much crap? He is an expert at making it look like it could be accidental.

Brett Stewart did the same thing on Kasiano late in the game, had his arm cocked well before contact but nothing will come of it.

Also 2 lifting tackles were let go which should have been penalised at least if not put on report.

Matai should be out for at least 1 game and Lyon is a huge doubt as is Gnulavo. Next week could be a good time to play them.

Interested to know what everyone thinks of that obstruction call. I thought it technicially was obstruction because DCE was impeded and Barba goes through the same gap that was produced by DCE being impeded. However, at the try line, Manly had sufficient numbers to make the tackle and didnt (hence poor tackle by Manly), along with the fact that DCE would have never got to make the tackle anyway. So I'm a bit divided on the call, I think technically it was obstruction but common sense indicates it should be a try.

I disagree. DCE was impeded which was made worse by the fact BB stepped left back into that gap. A player shouldn't have to deal with being obstructed, no matter how slight the contact.

Unfortunate for BB that contact was made.

I agree Hammo, it's easy to say DCE would have made no difference but nobody can say where he would have been if Pritchard wasn't in the way.

Obstruction the right call IMO. Just because Barba is really good it doesn't mean you can interfere like Pritchard did and then say "but it's Barba so nobody would have stopped him so it should be a try".

Both teams are full of grubby pricks. **** I hope neither of them win the Premiership.

I disagree. DCE was impeded which was made worse by the fact BB stepped left back into that gap. A player shouldn't have to deal with being obstructed, no matter how slight the contact.

Unfortunate for BB that contact was made.

Yep fair enough

agree it was obstruction. that needs to be the stance consistently. you'll soon find that decoy runners stop 'just accidently' running into defenders.

manly were terrible tonight. they were down by 6 points in the second half and i never felt like htey were a chance. it honestly felt like i was watching the broncos for much of that game. it was eerily similar to the way the broncos have played lately. players looked lost. halves making poor decisions and running the ball straight into the defense.. etc.

The Dogs have gotten away with so many obstruction calls this year than I don't even know what to think any more.

Manly looked flat for 80 minutes. They were full of anger early and some strange 50/50's went there way in the first 20 minutes to give them cheap territory but they just never looked likely. Their halves were awful and as soon as Lyon went off they just had no answers, you just don't realise how much they rely on him until he is gone. He is a trmendous contributor to their attack add to that they will lose Matai on his record so both centre will be out as well as potentially their other captain King. Cowboys will trounce them next week. Hope we have a massive form reversal and beat the Cowboys because Manly are ripe for picking!

I'd be surprised if T-Rex plays next week. I swear he put a player past the horizontal early in the game.

I had a close look at the no try and DCE really made contact with Pritchard instead of the other way round. That said Pritchard should have veered away from DCE and by not doing so ,wrecked what should have been a well worked try. Right team won and the early going was brutal at times, two very tough teams. It was like a highly anticipated title fight between two world champion boxers that turns out to be a fizzer. I hope we win tomorrow night.I just want one more week....

Never been happier to see the Dogs win. Geez Manly can eat a dick.

**** that dick Glenn Stewart too. Putting forearms into heads and trying to make it look unintentional. Asshole, at least his teammates Matai and King (should) be punished. This dick gets away with shit like that every week.

It was a try because it was against manly ;)

Active Now

• rnabokov
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.