PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need Thaiday to target JWH like he did in 2016 with that epic golden point game where Hunt got the game winning try. That aggression was the best I've seen him play in a long time

We need Thaiday to target JWH like he did in 2016 with that epic golden point game where Hunt got the game winning try. That aggression was the best I've seen him play in a long time
Indeed.

I think we really need to rattle them early with some in-your-face defence.

Lots of scoots from dummyhalf too when their forwards start to tire.

Rough up Pearce a bit too and keep pressuring his kicks. He's bound to go missing

We need to watch Marshal and Milford's defence. The likes of glen and gillet, and arrow and esesse when they come on need to be bodyguards of sorts to them both. I can't think Marshall's defence is any worse than knik, but more that the 2nd rowers will be a class above the previous game.

I think he was referring to the movie, Inception. If so, it was actually pretty clever.

Ahh, great stuff if intentional! I liked it because it's an unusual word but hey, this works

Let's hope if we win, they don't go out "celebrating".
lJEtAVi.jpg

I get the feeling Bennett might pull a swifty as far as what the run on side will be

We're probs looking at something like:
1. Thaiday
6. Milf
7. Niko
9. Hunt
14. Benji

Very dynamic and uh, explosive.

Video shamelessly stolen from reddit.

Thought that was Milford as first, man he loves his food

I would love to see Thaiday at full back for one kick return and absolutely charge back khunt style.

I would love to see Thaiday at full back for one kick return and absolutely charge back khunt style.

He doesn't need to. Didn't you see that amazing footwork? Better than milf's. He can just step them all.
Plus he's probably the fastest spine member we have. He outran milf that one time, remember?

Big crowd expected for this game.

Anthony Milford in best shape of his career ahead of NRL finals clash with Roosters

ANTHONY Milford is set to terrorise the Roosters with the Broncos revealing a weight-loss program has their star pivot entering the NRL finals in the best shape of his career.

Broncos playmaking legend Darren Lockyer says Milford has never looked more lethal, with the Roosters defence to confront a leaner and meaner Brisbane five-eighth at Allianz Stadium.

Milford has dropped 3kg from his frame, with his shoulder injury in June presenting a silver lining as Broncos strength-and-conditioning coaches spent time working on his fitness.

Starting the pre-season at 95kg, Milford takes on the Roosters at 92kg and the benefits of his weight loss were evident in last week’s victory over North Queensland in Townsville.

Milford was noticeably quicker over the first five metres as he terrorised the Cowboys, with Broncos high-performance chief Jeremy Hickmans saying the pivot is primed to fire in the playoffs.

“Anthony is probably in the best shape I’ve seen him,” Hickmans said.

“He started the year at around 95kg and we’ve got him down to 92kg, which is probably his ideal playing weight.

“The upside of his shoulder injury was that it gave us time for him to work on his fitness. He has always been quick over the first 10 metres but he is now even sharper.

“His weight has come down two or three kilos and to Anthony’s credit, he has bought into how hard we have worked him.”

Lockyer watched Milford from close range as Channel Nine’s sideline eye last week in Townsville and believes he has the physical condition to light up the finals — starting against the Roosters.

“I like what I’m seeing from Anthony,” Lockyer said.

“Milford looks to have lost a kilo or two and that has helped the most lethal part of his game, which is his speed off the mark and ability to trouble defenders with his footwork.”

Earlier in the season, Broncos coach Wayne Bennett was forced to defend claims Milford was a lazy trainer.

Hickmans said the Queensland Origin ace has always trained strongly, revealing Milford’s eating habits were a more pressing matter.

“He had to work on his off-field stuff with diet,” he said. “Anthony trains well but we needed to look at his diet, it’s the time when Anthony isn’t at training — that is where he can put on some weight.

“He had a few little sloppy habits but he has been outstanding in giving us a chance to work on his conditioning.”

www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/teams/broncos/anthony-milford-in-best-shape-of-his-career-ahead-of-nrl-finals-clash-with-roosters/news-story/f9539e9d7b6b2e406f7b2432b9b0ca1e

Big crowd compared to their normal crowds or big compared to what we are used to?

More than twice the crowd they are used to.

Some say close to a sellout. But whether that's actually true remains to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.