PRE-GAME Finals Week 1 - Roosters vs Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roosters are probably the best team for us to play tonight. They are not in red hot form themselves but are solid enough to give us a good hit out. It's gonna set us up nicely for whatever is next which is hopefully the prelim. One thing we can't cop is another injury though.

It's game let's get ready to do a bita rippin n tearing rippin and a tearing.

The Roosters have looked a bit frail recently but they've had some important strike players out. They're now pretty close to full strength. I'm definitely worried that the Roosters of Friday the 8th of September will be a far better team than the Roosters of August.

It's game let's get ready to do a bita rippin n tearing rippin and a tearing.

200.gif

I'm not sure if it's just me being naive but the roosters just don't strike fear into me. I guess it's a combination of only just scraping home against the tigers and titans and been less then impressive against the sharks as well. That and knowing that Pearce has the ability to be absolute trash in big games when he needs to stand up.

I feel really safe having Thaiday and Blair starting in the middle with gillo, Glenn and moose I think if nothing else you know those guys will get us into the arm wrestle. It's gotta be close to the most experienced front row pairing to start an nrl game.
Exactly how I feel too! Roosters tend to be too reliant on particular players and if1 or 2 of them start playing badly , it completely makes their D easy pickings.

If we frustrate the halfs and outside backs, we'll control the tempo of the match. Their forwards are good but not great.

It's fucking game day and I get called in to do night shift (**** my life)

Seriously, what the hell is Mead on the bench for? The only scenario I can see is cover for Kahu to switch to fullback?

I was really expecting his naming on the bench to be cover for a rookie coming in, but that doesn't make much sense to me either. A strange selection.
Yeah its a bit odd. I dont like bringing on a winger in the last 20 as he's seemed to do with mead. Not in the game at all and then has to come on and diffuse bombs against tupou and co.

Nerves just kicked in.

Su'a is lining up for 20s.

You'd imagine that all but assures Mead will play tonight.

Mead will get towelled by tupou if they are contesting a bomb. Don't like this at all.

Let's go. Got my night cleared. Got some beer. Making some steak soon. FUCKING WIN.

Niko to bench. Kahu to fb and mother flocking mead to wing. I'm worried.

Wow some big changes. Wayne playing mind games

I don't get it. Why change Niko and Milford given their win record.

Mead was awesome in his first game for us. And since then has been complete shit. Far out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.